shape
carat
color
clarity

Which PS personalities do you gravitate towards?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW, I''m amazed at the sight of such thoughtful and honest responses! Thank you everyone for taking the time and sharing a little bit of yourself. I feel like I know all of you just a little bit better. This is why I created this thread.
1.gif

And don''t worry so much about hijacking this thread or any of my threads....I don''t mind at all! I actually enjoy the cross-conversations between posters, especially the funny ones.
3.gif
I also understand that it helps people catch up and get to know each other as well. If you''re having fun, then I''m having fun!
I promise to get back to everyone. I really love reading all of your unique traits and preferences. I already have so much in common with a lot of you!
36.gif

Carry on, Ladies! And Dancing Fire...
11.gif

Oh, and Musey, I think I was semi-snarky to you once in the Jewelry Forum. I understand where you are coming from now, and I apologize if I offended you in any way. You seem to be very classy, level-headed and elequent in your posts. I have so much to learn!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:36:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 2/18/2009 11:23:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/18/2009 11:13:48 PM
Author: Gypsy
Harriet and Lucky, thank you both very much, yes, you remember correctly, and were both very supportive which I greatly appreciated, then and now.
Someone pissed you off? And it wasn''t me? Hmph.

And to answer the question, I hate all posters because I''m a grump.
9.gif
Gypsy,
I am glad she is gone. We don''t need that negativity here.

TG,
You are always so spot on. You are direct, very funny. But you are KIND. YUP, I said it. You are a nice person.

Hate me now??? LOL!!!!
31.gif
35.gif
Just saw your post now Kaleigh.

No, I don''t hate you. I''ve learned that hate takes way too much energy.

How about I just be annoyed?
2.gif

Seriously though, that''s nice of you to say. I''m fine being kind...my mother taught me to be nothing less. But kind+snarky is SO much more fun.
41.gif

And coming from one of PS''s kindest, that''s a high compliment indeed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Harriet and Lucky, thank you both very much, yes, you remember correctly, and were both very supportive which I greatly appreciated, then and now.

9.gif
You''ve never pissed me off T-gal. You just cut to the heart of things, but it''s never malicious.

Kaleigh, ((HUGS)) thank you very much.

I''m lost with all the pots and kettles and such though. LOL.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:51:38 PM

True story...I once tried to make a point to TGuy that I have a sharp memory. I said to him, ''I have the memory of, what is the saying? I think it''s an elephant?''

Of course I realized what I was saying, but at that point, it was too late. TGuy was in hysterics and saying, ''Riiiiiiiiight. Memory like an elephant. Totally.''
20.gif
Bah haha!
I did something similar once. We were at the rodeo (What? I live in Texas) and everyone was dancing so I asked DH if he wanted to go "tear the carpet". He was like, "Um.....do you mean ''cut a rug''?"
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:13:15 AM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 2/18/2009 11:51:38 PM

True story...I once tried to make a point to TGuy that I have a sharp memory. I said to him, ''I have the memory of, what is the saying? I think it''s an elephant?''

Of course I realized what I was saying, but at that point, it was too late. TGuy was in hysterics and saying, ''Riiiiiiiiight. Memory like an elephant. Totally.''
20.gif
Bah haha!
I did something similar once. We were at the rodeo (What? I live in Texas) and everyone was dancing so I asked DH if he wanted to go ''tear the carpet''. He was like, ''Um.....do you mean ''cut a rug''?''
41.gif
LOL....

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:11:11 AM

I''m lost with all the pots and kettles and such though. LOL.
A girl in the LIW section became the prey of you know who, and Tgal kindly called her out on her behavior, acknowledging that it might be the pot calling the kettle black. Good riddance happened shortly after. I like to think that had something to do with it. She might have been like, "Well SHOOT! If TGAL, of ALL PEOPLE, is telling me to cool it, perhaps I should find a freezer to stick my head in!"

just kidding tgal!
3.gif

I sure am cracking myself up though.
12.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

TGal, you''re like Nyquil. A dose of you can be unpleasant and hard to swallow. But in the end, it''s for our own good. You''re a must-have in our common sense cabinets, roach backback and all.
22.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh... I missed that. I don''t get out on LIW too often.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Aw, reading this thread makes me feel bad for a post i wrote the other day in the bride forum. (If you''re out there wellinsm, i''m sorry!).

I don''t think I gravitate toward specific kinds of personalities, but there are some that turn me off completely. I have a hard time reading really rambling/scattered posts or communicating with people who don''t share my sense of humor, for instance.

What I think is interesting is how different my own personality is on PS than in "real life." In my day-to-day interactions, especially as I train to be a litigator, I''m told over and over to be more assertive - I''ve actually been told to practice this. Because my natural tendency is not to be terribly assertive, it''s a struggle (and sometimes it come out as aggressive). However, without the face-to-face contact, it''s easier.

Makes me wonder how different these personalities that I''m drawn to (or turned off by) are outside the realm of the internet.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:24:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I tend to gravitate toward heavy drinkers.....
9.gif
And free spirits. No pun intended.

I like change and prize sincerity/integrity above all else.

All tipsy, funny, changlings need apply!

cheers--Sharon
1237356pr6q2nhnb7.gif

9.gif
25.gif

Gypsy, I remember that post/poster. Good riddance indeed.
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:24:24 PM
Author: luckystar112

Gypsy--I remember, and to that poster I say 'good riddance'! I'm glad she took a hike because I don't think I could have held it in much longer. She had you allllll figured out though, didn't she?
20.gif
I'm sure you don't want to rehash it but I couldn't resist commenting because to this day I'm still basking in the glory of her absense. That's how much tongue-biting I did.

So needless to say that's the type of personality I DON'T gravitate towards.
31.gif

Musey, I hope I didn't piss you off with my Katy Perry comments.
3.gif

Anyway, I gravitate to the posters I find interesting in one way or another. Just an example, I find TLH hilarious in a doorknob solitaire kind of way. TLH, I cyber-stalk your posts. Nice to meet you, I'm luckystar.
3.gif

Besides that, I gravitate toward people that have a great 'storyline', who are in similar walks of life with me (like if you were a LIW with me, or if you were planning your wedding at the same time), who I have things in common with, etc.

I think my PS personality can be kind of dull. lol. I like reading a good vent thread over a lovey-dovey type thread. I like a little snark every once in a while. Unless you're a career snarker. I know some people don't like ATW, but I do. Perhaps the joke is on me but I tend to think that everyone at least likes me.
3.gif
I mean, I obviously like them--and I wouldn't hang out there if I thought they were idiots. hmmmm what else? I'm drawn to smart people. I'm drawn to sweet people. I'm drawn to RESPECTFUL tell-it-like-it-is people like Tgal. I'm attracted to the moms, since that is my next stop in life. That's about it.
Hi luckystar!
35.gif

Nice to meet you. Cyber Stalk away... makes me feel almost famous!
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 9:40:03 PM
Author: Savvymon
Im soooooo sorry Lorelei I just realized on my above post I spelt your ''name'' wrong.

Oops
emembarrassed.gif
LOL! Don''t worry Savvy Bruddah, I am honoured and flattered that you took the time to say you enjoy my posts and shennanigans....
41.gif
hehe!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
CHEERS!

drinkning t.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 9:19:10 AM
Author: tlh

HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
CHEERS!
HI:

OHMIGOF tlh--you're nekid! But hot......
9.gif
2.gif

Ellen: that emotie is halir--where DO YOU guys find those things??? (while you are drinking perhaps....)

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:34:17 AM

Date: 2/19/2009 9:19:10 AM
Author: tlh

HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
CHEERS!
HI:

OHMIGOF tlh--you''re nekid! But hot......
9.gif
2.gif

Ellen: that emotie is halir--where DO YOU guys find those things??? (while you are drinking perhaps....)

cheers--Sharon
Right here!
martini.gif

And tlh does look nekkie....

creepaway3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 7:54:44 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/18/2009 2:58:59 PM
Author: Bia
I gravitate to people who don''t take themselves (or others) too seriously. I also appreciate those who can be open minded and those who are not petty. If someone can''t take a joke, then I probably wouldn''t know how to feel comfortable around that individual IRL.

I like: funny, quirky, sweet, kind, smart (but not necessarily intellectual), interesting, inquisitive, outgoing (b/c I am not IRL), life-of-the-party types
36.gif

I dislike: judgmental, obvious, snarky, pretentious, know-it-alls
25.gif
16.gif
but i still love ya.
bighug5.gif
Darn. Nothing gets past you!

9.gif
10.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
When I first started over on the LIW section, I would seek out very supportive cheerleaders to make me feel better.

Then purrfect gave me a verbal smackdown once and I went home all upset. Mr Fiery asked me what was wrong and I mentioned everything she had mentioned to me in the post.

It was one of the best and honest conversations we had ever had.

So now I gravitate towards those few that really speak their mind and are honest about how they see situations. There are a handful of those psers out there (mostly ladies). It''s making me a little big tougher which I really appreciate.

But I''m still a softy
32.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:10:29 AM
Author: fieryred33143
When I first started over on the LIW section, I would seek out very supportive cheerleaders to make me feel better.

Then purrfect gave me a verbal smackdown once and I went home all upset. Mr Fiery asked me what was wrong and I mentioned everything she had mentioned to me in the post.

It was one of the best and honest conversations we had ever had.

So now I gravitate towards those few that really speak their mind and are honest about how they see situations. There are a handful of those psers out there (mostly ladies). It''s making me a little big tougher which I really appreciate.

But I''m still a softy
32.gif
I''ll second this--I got smacked around too. Purrfectpear has an uncanny ability when it comes to putting LIW-itis into clear perspective. BUT that''s why I think she''s great.
slider_yourock.gif
PP

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:34:17 AM
HI:

OHMIGOF tlh--you're nekid! But hot......
9.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
HA! My DH loves to take pictures where he strageically plants the picture so it looks like I have no clothes on. He's a goof.
9.gif

Thanks for calling me hot... made my morning!
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, well let's see.
I am pretty outgoing IRL and have lots of friends
I can be a bit sensitive at times
I'm very easygoing and it takes quite a bit to get me really mad
I try not to sweat the small stuff in life
I like a good political debate, but only when done respectfully and not in the condescending, I can google a few statistics so I'm smarter than you type of way (think that's why lots of people have stated they avoid ATW, which is a shame)

I tend to gravitate to those posters that are kind and respectful, which is probably about 98% of people on this board.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:07:17 AM
Author: Ellen
Gypsy, I remember that post/poster. Good riddance indeed.
2.gif

And I remember you coming to my defense, and I always will. Thank you, again, Ellen.
4.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay ... TG, Luckystar, Gypsy -- someone help me out here. I need more clues or something because I''m drawing a blank. And I have an elephant memory usually. Maybe I missed it somehow. Been known to happen. Obvs I''m not the culprit cuz Iz still herez. Hum. SPILL.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:55:55 PM
Author: decodelighted
Okay ... TG, Luckystar, Gypsy -- someone help me out here. I need more clues or something because I'm drawing a blank. And I have an elephant memory usually. Maybe I missed it somehow. Been known to happen. Obvs I'm not the culprit cuz Iz still herez. Hum. SPILL.
I'm glad I'm an auditor because I was able to find the LIW post and figure it out.

And that is how I keep Mr. Fiery on his toes.

P.S. Can you tell how nosy I most be IRL if I actively searched for a thread that was part of a conversation that had nothing to do with me?

<---minding own business is not a trait I possess

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay ... TG, Luckystar, Gypsy -- someone help me out here. I need more clues or something because I''m drawing a blank. And I have an elephant memory usually. Maybe I missed it somehow. Been known to happen. Obvs I''m not the culprit cuz Iz still herez. Hum. SPILL.
I don''t know either! Maybe it was before my time?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:53:41 PM
Author: platinumrock
Oh, and Musey, I think I was semi-snarky to you once in the Jewelry Forum. I understand where you are coming from now, and I apologize if I offended you in any way. You seem to be very classy, level-headed and elequent in your posts. I have so much to learn!
Thanks, PR
35.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:00:31 PM

I''m glad I''m an auditor because I was able to find the LIW post and figure it out.

And that is how I keep Mr. Fiery on his toes.

P.S. Can you tell how nosy I most be IRL if I actively searched for a thread that was part of a conversation that had nothing to do with me?

<---minding own business is not a trait I possess
Fiery: FI calls me FBI, for ''Federal Bia Investigation.'' You think I''m joking?
3.gif

It''s the latina in us...can''t be helped.
5.gif

As for the thread, I have no idea what you all are talkin bout...letta sista in!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad I''m an auditor because I was able to find the LIW post and figure it out.
Thanks Fiery ... that did the trick!! Turns out my hunch was correct even though I didn''t remember the threads in question. Quenched.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:15:51 PM

Thanks Fiery ... that did the trick!! Turns out my hunch was correct even though I didn''t remember the threads in question. Quenched.
scratchhead.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:24:25 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/19/2009 3:15:51 PM

scratchhead.gif
Solve the riddle man.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Musey ... two key words have come up "pot" & "kettle" ... think there are a lot of LIW threads with those words in them? A quick search might be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results