shape
carat
color
clarity

Which One, and What Color and Clarity?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t post looking for admiration. I posted looking for advice on a guard which has now turned into a ring reset.
Nowhere did I ask for opinions on the value, color, etc.

You were the person that started the value of Yogos conversation - quote "They are incredibly rare, and quite expensive. For example, a 4 carat Montana yogo sapphire sells for well over $100,000." You brought up value first, and how rare you believe the stones are, so as far as I can see, that's the only reason I mentioned it.

It's a pretty stone, you like it, my and everyone else opinion doesn't mean jack, but you did ask what is the best thing to do with this stone people said reset it and you were not happy with many of their suggestions for the reset because there seems to be things you don't want to change that you were not clear about from the beginning.

We are all clear why now, if you just said I have this ring I damaged it and I want to either make a ring guard or reset it exactly like how it looks now but a better sturdier version, because it has sentimental value, and visually I don't want to change much - I'm sure we could have avoided 3 pages where anyone was unhappy. I'm not here to argue with you, post a pic of it in the show me the bling or the coloured stone pages when you are finished and I'm sure you will get lots of lovely comments about it.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hopefully I’m not overstepping, but I think one of the points @arkieb1 was trying to make when discussing the color of your Yogo is that it shouldn’t be too hard or expensive to find more of them in a similar color or size. That would open up the possibility of the lovely ring @Niel posted that had the inner halo of sapphires.

I’m honestly not sure how much anyone here is going to be able to help you. You seem to have firm limits and yet they keep moving around. It’s as if you know you want a bigger, different ring but you feel badly about that because of the sentimentality of this ring and the limitations your husband is putting on you. I hope you are able to work something out and I look forward to the day we see your new ring on SMTB.

M

MTHealthyLiving

You were the person that started the value of Yogos conversation - quote "They are incredibly rare, and quite expensive. For example, a 4 carat Montana yogo sapphire sells for well over $100,000." You brought up value first, and how rare you believe the stones are, so as far as I can see, that's the only reason I mentioned it.

It's a pretty stone, you like it, my and everyone else opinion doesn't mean jack, but you did ask what is the best thing to do with this stone people said reset it and you were not happy with many of their suggestions for the reset because there seems to be things you don't want to change that you were not clear about from the beginning.

We are all clear why now, if you just said I have this ring I damaged it and I want to either make a ring guard or reset it exactly like how it looks now but a better sturdier version, because it has sentimental value, and visually I don't want to change much - I'm sure we could have avoided 3 pages where anyone was unhappy. I'm not here to argue with you, post a pic of it in the show me the bling or the coloured stone pages when you are finished and I'm sure you will get lots of lovely comments about it.

Just because I mentioned the value, doesn’t mean I was looking for an ateur apprasal via photo.
I started this thread specifically wanting a ring guard. After much advice from people here it turned into a reset.
There’s nothing wrong with the path changing a bit, and I see threads like this one all the time. We don’t all know exactly what we want right out of the gate and that’s fine.
Again, not here for lovely comments.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think the value of these sapphires came into play when you suggested buying more of them was going to be outrageously expensive. Some dealers might charge you $3000+ for more, you can also as I pointed out buy more on ebay and have them cut for a fraction of that price. No one here cares what anyone else ring's cost. And yes people change their mind about what they want, you seemed to at first want something that appeared to make the stone look bigger ie ring guards, double halo, and then changed your mind part way through, that is fine. I sincerely hope you get something made that you like and that people here have helped you to find it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MThealthyLiving, I’ve been following this and all your other threads and chiming in to say that what is apparent is that you love your ring and the meaning behind it. Only you know when it will be time to modify it or time to reset it. I appreciate this thread Bc I like to see how projects evolve and I especially identify with the indecision—many of us do. So please don’t hesitate to keep posting your ideas as they evolve. I’m excited to see if you are going with the double halo that you submitted to your jeweler :appl:

M

MTHealthyLiving

MThealthyLiving, I’ve been following this and all your other threads and chiming in to say that what is apparent is that you love your ring and the meaning behind it. Only you know when it will be time to modify it or time to reset it. I appreciate this thread Bc I like to see how projects evolve and I especially identify with the indecision—many of us do. So please don’t hesitate to keep posting your ideas as they evolve. I’m excited to see if you are going with the double halo that you submitted to your jeweler :appl:

Thank you so much!

I’m very appreciative of this community as you all have helped me see beyond my stubbornness! I’m on pins and needles waiting for a quote from the jeweler!
I love the double halo too!

M

MTHealthyLiving

Does it loose its sentimental value if you wear it on the right hand?

My right hand is taken with a AAA 1.1 carat amethyst set in a rose gold, half bezel, bypass ring. It’s my son’s birthstone.
Since I posted this thread, I have decided to go with a reset of the ring, as I broke it just a day or two after posting this. So it’s going to look very similar to the way it was, but I am going to change the head just a bit. I actually realized it was the setting of the ring that I didn’t care for, that was throwing everything off for me. Also, several months ago, I sold my engagement ring which didn’t have near the sentimental value this ring has (it’s not the ring he proposed with), nor could I wear it with the new ring. So I’m addition to this reset, I’m going to buy a diamond band from Blue Nile that will be replacing my engagement ring.
Still trying to decide on that though, so if you have any suggestions, let me know!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like the stuller setting that would probably be much cheaper than what the jeweler is quoting you.

Nice that your husband is willing just to get you a new ring. Good to know that’s an option.

M

MTHealthyLiving

I still like the stuller setting that would probably be much cheaper than what the jeweler is quoting you.

Nice that your husband is willing just to get you a new ring. Good to know that’s an option.

It is very nice! I was honestly surprised, as he is very sentimental about this ring.
I'm thinking maybe that leaves the door open for a nice big Astor or HP diamond someday. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results