shape
carat
color
clarity

Which looks better?

cb36

Rough_Rock
These two diamonds I’ve been comparing side by side, I’m giving one of them up. Without giving specs which do you think looks the better diamond? X

Attachments

• 8E7CE1AC-9788-4146-994F-F96DEA57102C.png
    8E7CE1AC-9788-4146-994F-F96DEA57102C.png
    954.5 KB · Views: 42
  • AFFFF9DF-DF52-43DA-83CD-81B75445D72B.png
    AFFFF9DF-DF52-43DA-83CD-81B75445D72B.png
    677.9 KB · Views: 32

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I don't think anyone can answer that question for you based on those two pictures. They are taken under different lighting for a start, with only one picture of each stone. Have both rings been recently properly cleaned? And specs would help - Detailed specs would help us to help you make a balanced decision. :)

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Based on these pics alone, the one on the left (first pic) looks better to me...BUT pics are not real life and these are both very blurry pics likely under different lighting, so take that for what it’s worth. More info and better images are needed.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would be inclined to say the first one is nicer.

cb36

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, the one on the left is my new upgrade, a GIA certified G vs2 triple ex cut 1.22. The one on the right is one I’ve seen for sale and it’s 1.4 carat but don’t know any other spec for it! In other pics it looks very sparkly! It’s going for a great price!

cb36

Rough_Rock
Both diamonds side by side again, opposite way around this time!

Attachments

• D2663FC5-ECF1-4D66-B161-C6B56D583A92.png
    D2663FC5-ECF1-4D66-B161-C6B56D583A92.png
    806.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 6746A5F7-749C-4076-81F2-B75E51817859.jpeg
    6746A5F7-749C-4076-81F2-B75E51817859.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 25

cb36

Rough_Rock
Both in day light x

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I think your new stone looks a lot better. Good luck for a speedy sale on your old stone.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Could you do both stones, at the same time of day, together, in the same light and with a couple more photos rather than one of each? In the shade is better, so we can see the facets of the stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You dont have a good head on picture of the stone that does not belong to you. The one head on you have is blurry and the second picture
you posted of it is at an angle. Wonder why they dont have a good head on picture?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
You dont have a good head on picture of the stone that does not belong to you. The one head on you have is blurry and the second picture
you posted of it is at an angle. Wonder why they dont have a good head on picture?

My understanding is that both stones belong to her and she's selling the old one she doesn't have a good picture of. I haven't gone hunting to see if she is trying to sell it here. I suspect she doesn't have a good picture because it probably isn't a very nice stone (no offense to the original poster but at least that is why you are upgrading) and with a head on view it probably suffers from obstruction. That's my instinct anyway. That's why I said the new one where you can at least see some arrows is probably better. As we are seriously lacking in further info I don't know how much better. =)

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all, the one on the left is my new upgrade, a GIA certified G vs2 triple ex cut 1.22. The one on the right is one I’ve seen for sale and it’s 1.4 carat but don’t know any other spec for it! In other pics it looks very sparkly! It’s going for a great price!
So if I understand correctly you already own the 1.22 which was an upgrade from some previously owned diamond? And you are considering exchanging it for the 1.4? If so I would keep the 1.22 because in the pictures you have posted so far I think it looks bigger and much nicer than the 1.4. Are you not happy with the way the 1.2 sparkles?

cb36

Rough_Rock
So if I understand correctly you already own the 1.22 which was an upgrade from some previously owned diamond? And you are considering exchanging it for the 1.4? If so I would keep the 1.22 because in the pictures you have posted so far I think it looks bigger and much nicer than the 1.4. Are you not happy with the way the 1.2 sparkles?

You are correct! I own the 1.22 and the 1.4 a friend of mine is selling, I’ve always admired her ring but I do love my new one also! They both sparkle well! I’ve also considered putting my new 1.22 in the vatche U 113! I’m honestly so confused as to what I want at the
Moment as my forever ring! Sorry for the confusion!! X

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
My understanding is that both stones belong to her and she's selling the old one she doesn't have a good picture of. I haven't gone hunting to see if she is trying to sell it here. I suspect she doesn't have a good picture because it probably isn't a very nice stone (no offense to the original poster but at least that is why you are upgrading) and with a head on view it probably suffers from obstruction. That's my instinct anyway. That's why I said the new one where you can at least see some arrows is probably better. As we are seriously lacking in further info I don't know how much better. =)

@cb36, argh I just missed the time window to edit my message above.

I wanted to say:

ETA Ooooh my understanding above is completely wrong! Sorry I missed a key phrase when reading! I'm so sorry.

So my new understanding is that in the first picture, the stone on the left is one you already own? And the one on the right is a stone you have seen and are thinking of getting. But then you post again and they're flipped and the one you own is now on the right? Right?

So you're relying on someone's pictures who is trying to sell that other ring but you have no specs on the stone. And trying to figure out if you should consider it. Correct?

Honestly don't do it. The one I think you own looks much nicer in the couple of pictures you have posted. There isn't enough information to make a decision about the other one but I'm suspicious of it. The person has not provided enough information for you to make a decision and they have not taken any head on pictures, which in general I find to be a warning sign. Also, and maybe I'm being overly harsh here, but I can't help but think it has a bit of a 'frozen spit' quality to it. But probably I don't actually have enough information to make that statement. Maybe it's just not clean. Additionally it's essentially the same size as the stone you already have. I don't really feel that's worth it - and what then would you do with your current stone?

If you're wanting to upgrade perhaps start a new thread with your budget etc and what you're hoping to upgrade and we can help. I wouldn't go for this stone though based on the little information you have.

Hope that helps and sorry again for being confused as to whom owned what. :oops2:

cb36

Rough_Rock
@cb36, argh I just missed the time window to edit my message above.

I wanted to say:

ETA Ooooh my understanding above is completely wrong! Sorry I missed a key phrase when reading! I'm so sorry.

So my new understanding is that in the first picture, the stone on the left is one you already own? And the one on the right is a stone you have seen and are thinking of getting. But then you post again and they're flipped and the one you own is now on the right? Right?

So you're relying on someone's pictures who is trying to sell that other ring but you have no specs on the stone. And trying to figure out if you should consider it. Correct?

Honestly don't do it. The one I think you own looks much nicer in the couple of pictures you have posted. There isn't enough information to make a decision about the other one but I'm suspicious of it. The person has not provided enough information for you to make a decision and they have not taken any head on pictures, which in general I find to be a warning sign. Also, and maybe I'm being overly harsh here, but I can't help but think it has a bit of a 'frozen spit' quality to it. But probably I don't actually have enough information to make that statement. Maybe it's just not clean. Additionally it's essentially the same size as the stone you already have. I don't really feel that's worth it - and what then would you do with your current stone?

If you're wanting to upgrade perhaps start a new thread with your budget etc and what you're hoping to upgrade and we can help. I wouldn't go for this stone though based on the little information you have.

Hope that helps and sorry again for being confused as to whom owned what. :oops2:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Yes, my post didn't read well, my fault!
The girl selling the ring is a friend of mine, she’s doesn’t know the specs, bought it 10
Years ago and has lost the paper work. I suppose I’ve just always admired her ring, the size of the stone and way it looks on her. I do love my new diamond though. I’m not even too sure why im confused! I was so happy with my purchase a few weeks ago! Agh! X

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results