shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
With all the fun and informative threads lately about what people do, etc., thought I''d add to the info. I''m fairly new around here compared to a lot of you, as I know many of you know enough about each other to know where some people live. But I thought this would be fun for anyone who doesn''t know. There are lots of times I read posts referenced to placed in California, or New York, or many many other places, and it always makes me wonder where people are local to and where they live their lives.

So, where do you live now? If it''s not your hometown, where you''re originally from? Things you like/dislike about where you are? Where you''d prefer to live if you could?

P.S. - If the town is too private, which I realize it can be for some, you can provide just the area, or just the state or country for all it matters. I promise, this is just for fun.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in the Providence, RI area and I work in Boston.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oo, I''ll play!

I currently live in Fairfield County, Connecticut about an hour and a half north of New York. In general I really like this area. The coast is beautiful (though I don''t live near the coast anymore) and I love the New England style houses and stone walls. We also spend a lot of time in the Hudson Valley with our friends and we hope to buy a house there in a few years. My only issue with the area is how frickin expensive it is. The amount of money we need for a 20% downpayment on a house is so depressing!
3.gif

I''m originally from Pittsburgh, PA and I lived there from the age of 1. I like living here better, honestly, but you can''t beat the housing prices in Pittsburgh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 2:34:31 PM
Author:luvthemstrawberries
With all the fun and informative threads lately about what people do, etc., thought I''d add to the info. I''m fairly new around here compared to a lot of you, as I know many of you know enough about each other to know where some people live. But I thought this would be fun for anyone who doesn''t know. There are lots of times I read posts referenced to placed in California, or New York, or many many other places, and it always makes me wonder where people are local to and where they live their lives.

So, where do you live now? If it''s not your hometown, where you''re originally from? Things you like/dislike about where you are? Where you''d prefer to live if you could?

P.S. - If the town is too private, which I realize it can be for some, you can provide just the area, or just the state or country for all it matters. I promise, this is just for fun.
1.gif
i live on earth. sometime i wonder about other members here.
37.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread! We live in the Orlando, Florida area. I was born and raised in the metro Atlanta area though, so I will always be a Georgia girl at heart. I do love living in Florida though....there are many reasons: So many attractions and things to do here like Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World, great shopping, the beach is only 45 minutes or so away, you can ride down the road a few minutes and jump on a cruise ship, wonderful dining options, and beautiful weather almost year round. Like today for example, it is February and we have clear, beautiful skies and it is in the 70s....Love everything about it except for hurricane season!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I'll start.
1.gif

I live outside Raleigh, North Carolina. Been in the same area my whole life.

I have family all over the state, and I love the comfort foods and inviting people that live in the South. I love that I can be at the beach or in the mountains within just a few hours - both of which I LOVE to go to. The only 2 things I dislike are the summer humidity (=frizz
3.gif
) and how this is supposedly such a great place to work that soooooo many people move here, legally and illegally. I don't mind people liking NC enough to move here at all. Sometimes it just seems like it's getting way too crowded.

If I could, I think I'd have a house at the beach and the mountains, and go back and forth as I wanted. But I'd still live in North Carolina. And I'd have a vacation house in a ski town somewhere where it snows 6+ months out of the year.
10.gif

ETA: Oops hehe I was too slow to start!
37.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:40:54 PM
Author: steph72276
Fun thread! We live in the Orlando, Florida area. I was born and raised in the metro Atlanta area though, so I will always be a Georgia girl at heart. I do love living in Florida though....there are many reasons: So many attractions and things to do here like Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World, great shopping, the beach is only 45 minutes or so away, you can ride down the road a few minutes and jump on a cruise ship, wonderful dining options, and beautiful weather almost year round. Like today for example, it is February and we have clear, beautiful skies and it is in the 70s....Love everything about it except for hurricane season!
Amen to that!! Same here in NC.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You probably know I am Irish, born and bred. I live in the same county I was born.

But I would love to live in America; I wonder if the reality would live up to the dream? Would anybody adopt me and my zoo? I don''t take up much space
12.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in Iowa. It''s cold.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I envy everyone form warm climates. I am Alaskan grown hence the name akmiss
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Chicago. The ''burbs. Born and raised.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Lovethemstrawberries, I LOVE NC. I actually almost went to UNC Wilmington but changed my mind at the last minute. NC reminds me a lot of GA because the people are so friendly and of course the yummy southern food!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Live in NYC. Originally from Massachusetts.
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DH and I live in Scottsdale AZ.
Born and lived all over the place though. DH grew up in Melbourne, and then moved back to the states when he was 10 or so. Wish he still had the accent.
7.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:40:35 PM
Author: elrohwen
Oo, I''ll play!

I currently live in Fairfield County, Connecticut about an hour and a half north of New York. In general I really like this area. The coast is beautiful (though I don''t live near the coast anymore) and I love the New England style houses and stone walls. We also spend a lot of time in the Hudson Valley with our friends and we hope to buy a house there in a few years. My only issue with the area is how frickin expensive it is. The amount of money we need for a 20% downpayment on a house is so depressing!
3.gif

I''m originally from Pittsburgh, PA and I lived there from the age of 1. I like living here better, honestly, but you can''t beat the housing prices in Pittsburgh.

Property is pretty cheap in some areas of RI, you should move here!
27.gif

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I live north of Boston, Mass.
emteeth.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:45:48 PM
Author: Steel
You probably know I am Irish, born and bred. I live in the same county I was born.

But I would love to live in America; I wonder if the reality would live up to the dream? Would anybody adopt me and my zoo? I don''t take up much space
12.gif
I would, but hubby hate cats. *gasp*
11.gif
I think you''d be a hoot to be around. You have a wicked sense of humor.
2.gif

I''m from southern IL.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
This is a fun thread!

I have lived all over born in md, lived in RI for while but basically grew up in Bergen County NJ. I am a HUGE advocate of anything Jersey and find myself CONSTANTLY defending my home state! I love the shore (i find long beach island to be paradise. it immediately soothes me). I lived about 20 miles outside of NYC and got to experience a lot of culture while growing up.

My FI is from Central PA so when we got engaged i left my beloved NJ to move in with him. I hate it and miss NJ so much...but eh- such is life!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA.

I currently live in Morgantown, WV. Surprisingly, its the town with the lowest unemployment rate in the country! I do not like where I live; the town is completely geared towards the university (as it should be). The town has nothing to offer to young professionals (no good local rest. and good local rest., or very few). Plus, the pay in WC is AWFUL for what I do)

FI and I are looking to moving (soon after our Oct ''09 wedding). We have looked at Asheville, NC and Portland, ME.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:56:27 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/27/2009 2:45:48 PM
Author: Steel

12.gif
I would, but hubby hate cats. *gasp*
11.gif
I think you''d be a hoot to be around. You have a wicked sense of humor.
2.gif

I''m from southern IL.
Awh...mwuah! Thank you Ellen, from you it is a compliment indeed!

What was your exact address again? (Quietly takes suitcase down from wardrobe and books airline tickets...
11.gif
)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:53:08 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Oo, I'll play!

I currently live in Fairfield County, Connecticut about an hour and a half north of New York. In general I really like this area. The coast is beautiful (though I don't live near the coast anymore) and I love the New England style houses and stone walls. We also spend a lot of time in the Hudson Valley with our friends and we hope to buy a house there in a few years. My only issue with the area is how frickin expensive it is. The amount of money we need for a 20% downpayment on a house is so depressing!
3.gif

I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA and I lived there from the age of 1. I like living here better, honestly, but you can't beat the housing prices in Pittsburgh.

27.gif
Hudson Hawk, haha, definitely! Just find me a job there first
3.gif

And BeachRunner, yay for Pittsburgh girls! If you don't mind me asking, which part of the city did you grow up in? I lived in the northern suburbs, maybe 15-20min out of downtown.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m from Nashville. After a six year stint on the west coast, I now live in Atlanta and have been here for a couple years. I LOVE Atlanta. I love that it''s only winter for three weeks at a time, with warm days in between and that it only lasts a couple of months all together. I love that the cost of living is so much lower than it was on the west coast and I love that I am so much closer distance wise to my family now. I love that I have acres of wonderful local restaurants in my neighborhood to choose from and finding a chain restaurant is actually difficult.

I DO NOT love the boiling hot summers, but that''s why they invented air conditioning. I don''t love the traffic when I get stuck in it, but I live "in town" and home office, so those occasions are pretty rare.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Including growing up and now, I've lived in 3 of the major cities in Texas... 18yrs in DFW, 4 yrs in Austin/CentralTx, 1yr back in DFW post graduation, and now almost 2yrs in Houston.

ETA: I've always wanted to live in Australia. At this point in my life, I'll have to settle for a few weeks of a vacation. I refuse to spend less than 2 weeks there, once I finally get the time.

RedHighHeels

Rough_Rock
I am new and still trying to find my way around these forums!!!

Anyway I live in Huntsville, AL - I have lived all over the Southwest as a kid.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:11:13 PM

Oo, I''ll play!

3.gif

27.gif

Haha, definitely! Just find me a job first
3.gif
[/QUOTE

What do you do?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Oo, I''ll play!

3.gif

27.gif

3.gif

And BeachRunner, yay for Pittsburgh girls! If you don''t mind me asking, which part of the city did you grow up in? I lived in the northern suburbs, maybe 15-20min out of downtown.

elrohwen I am about 20 min west of the city, right by the airport
2.gif
Pittsburgh is a great city to visit but I don''t think I would ever live there again. Yay for growing up in the burbs!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hudson Hawk, I''m an engineer at a food company, but I''m open to pretty much anything that uses my chemical engineering degree. If you find me a job, I''ll dog sit for your adorable puppy for free
9.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Oo, I''ll play!

3.gif

27.gif

3.gif

And BeachRunner, yay for Pittsburgh girls! If you don''t mind me asking, which part of the city did you grow up in? I lived in the northern suburbs, maybe 15-20min out of downtown.

elrohwen I am about 20 min west of the city, right by the airport
2.gif
Pittsburgh is a great city to visit but I don''t think I would ever live there again. Yay for growing up in the burbs!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in north east England
9.gif

Steel, take me with you to live with Ellen. I promise I will behave myself.
12.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I live in the Fort Lauderdale area... and I hate it. I think one lady mentioned Hurricane season, that is THE PITS!

I would LOVE to move somewhere with real seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results