shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:04:46 PM
Author: sba771
I love these! I grew up in Philly, The Main Line if you will. Went to school in Chicago, moved to Brooklyn Heights (was so sad to leave) and have now ended up in Frankfurt, Germany.

I will end up in Long Island though. I love the suburbs and look forward to driving around in a Volvo. I am weird.
Wow Germany! That's awesome!

ETA: I don't think you're weird!
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DuPage County outside Chicago. Born and raised in Philadelphia.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I was born in Italy [northeast coast] and I grew up in the Boston suburbs. I am still there [or, here, actually!]

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 8:38:00 PM
Author: packrat

Date: 2/27/2009 6:51:27 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Date: 2/27/2009 6:39:19 PM

Oh yes I would love to see frog pictures!

Me too!!!
36.gif
<-- that''s me really excited! Good thing BF is out of town this weekend. He likes to make fun of how excited I get over cute animals, frogs,etc.

hehehe frogs make me smile-I love them! I''m 34 and I never tire of finding them in the yard-I always get excited and catch them to show my husband and kids..hahaha even my mom still does it! I found a tree frog last summer that was the size of my pinkie finger nail I swear-he was TINY!
Another vote for frog pictures!!!
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I live in Perth, Western Australia and have always done so.
I would love for one of my US PS friends to adopt me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curious why several people want to live in the US? I mean *I* love it here but would love to here your reasons.
2.gif

I live in Charlotte, NC

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I currently live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio. I don''t particularly like our winters because I hate snow with a passion but otherwise it''s not too bad.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock

Me too!!!
36.gif
<-- that''s me really excited! Good thing BF is out of town this weekend. He likes to make fun of how excited I get over cute animals, frogs,etc.

hehehe frogs make me smile-I love them! I''m 34 and I never tire of finding them in the yard-I always get excited and catch them to show my husband and kids..hahaha even my mom still does it! I found a tree frog last summer that was the size of my pinkie finger nail I swear-he was TINY!
Aww that is SO cute! I bet it is pretty entertaining to watch me (and probably you an your mom) get so excited over a frog! I LOVE finding them and picking them up. My dog really enjoys them too. LOL. She will touch it with her nose until it jumps and just watch it. She never hurts them. All the toys I get her are of frogs. hehe.

I love tree frogs! They are the hardest to catch, but so cute. Packrat, I think we should have our own frog thread for a daily smile. :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 8:37:37 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Date: 2/27/2009 2:59:36 PM

Author: BeachRunner

Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA.

I currently live in Morgantown, WV. Surprisingly, its the town with the lowest unemployment rate in the country! I do not like where I live; the town is completely geared towards the university (as it should be). The town has nothing to offer to young professionals (no good local rest. and good local rest., or very few). Plus, the pay in WC is AWFUL for what I do)

FI and I are looking to moving (soon after our Oct ''09 wedding). We have looked at Asheville, NC and Portland, ME.

Asheville, Asheville, Asheville!! You''d absolutely love NC. Asheville is a beautiful place. I assume WV has mountains where you live, but the NC mountains are absolutely gorgeous in the fall.
30.gif

We visited Asheville in August, and loved it. We were amazed by all the small, local, organic, and delicious restaurants! The mountains were gorgeous. And yes, WV has beautiful scenery! (but we''re not THAT close to the Smokey''s
3.gif
). We went to Portland, ME and Acadia in Oct and fell in love
30.gif
OH, decisions!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:12:36 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Curious why several people want to live in the US? I mean *I* love it here but would love to here your reasons.
2.gif

I live in Charlotte, NC
Me too. Anyone care to share any reasons?

I love the US, but I''d love to be *there*... there meaning anywhere and everywhere! I love history, architecture, and want to go everywhere. :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:05:54 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 9:12:36 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
2.gif

I live in Charlotte, NC
Me too. Anyone care to share any reasons?

I love the US, but I''d love to be *there*... there meaning anywhere and everywhere! I love history, architecture, and want to go everywhere. :)
Personally, I would love to visit the US for an extended period, say a year or two - and explore all the places I have always wanted to.
Especially New York, SF, New Orleans..and anywhere else anyone recommends!
I would love to do the whole "great American road trip" across the whole lot. Hopefully I will get to one day.
And you can bet that All of the vendors mentioned around here would be on my pit stop list, ha!

I don''t think I would be able to live there long-term, as I know it would be very different than here.
And as much as where I live is boring sometimes, I can appreciate that we have quite a privileged lifestyle
5.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 5:14:03 PM
Author: Catmom
Chicago area girl born, raised and still here to this day. Winters here are really starting to get to us though so we are looking at winter homes down in the Fort Myers, FL area. We''re going down tomorrow and are booked Monday and Tuesday to go out looking at houses. It''s my hubby''s dream to watch Bears games sitting on a floatie in the pool.
9.gif

Me, too, Catmom!

Are you in the northern burbs? If so, you may know what I mean when I say I grew up in BG (Lake County side), and now live in HP. I teach high school in a burb just north of BG, too. If you''re not in the northern burbs, nevermind!

And I am definitely with you on the awful winters. I can''t believe it''s snowing AGAIN today.
38.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:29:15 PM

Me too!!!
36.gif

Aww that is SO cute! I bet it is pretty entertaining to watch me (and probably you an your mom) get so excited over a frog! I LOVE finding them and picking them up. My dog really enjoys them too. LOL. She will touch it with her nose until it jumps and just watch it. She never hurts them. All the toys I get her are of frogs. hehe.

I love tree frogs! They are the hardest to catch, but so cute. Packrat, I think we should have our own frog thread for a daily smile. :)

Woo I could go for a frog thread! We had tree frogs in an aquarium for a while..JD found me one before we got married and then found 2 more later on. I LOVED those little guys. They were so fun to watch. Sticky Green was my first, and then Mr. Green Jeans, Ichabod, Captain Nemo, and Slick AKA the Green Hornet. Frogs are so cool!

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
another Pittsburgh girl (go Steelers!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another in NC, about an hour from Charlotte! We''ve been here 20 years but I was born in SC and we live a few years in IL and VA before we moved here. I love being 1.5 hours from the mountains and 4 hours from the beach. I love where I live!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Well so far I think I am the only Canadian to respond to this thread. I live in Regina (the city that rhymes with fun) in Saskatchewan in the prairies. It is completely freezing here today, when I wok up it was -30 degrees celcius, -47 degrees with the wind chill so those of you who want seasons come on up!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:51:56 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Chicago. The ''burbs. Born and raised.

Me too!
4.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I was born in Cambridge, MA and I grew up in he suburbs of Birmingham, AL.

Currently, we live in Tenafly, NJ and there are two things that make it bearable, the shopping and being close to Nate''s sister. There was just something I loved about Philly because I really miss it.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 5:14:03 PM
Author: Catmom
Chicago area girl born, raised and still here to this day. Winters here are really starting to get to us though so we are looking at winter homes down in the Fort Myers, FL area. We''re going down tomorrow and are booked Monday and Tuesday to go out looking at houses. It''s my hubby''s dream to watch Bears games sitting on a floatie in the pool.
9.gif
Haha wow what a cool dream! I hope you guys are able to do that!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker and Tacori - I have family right outside Charlotte, in Kannapolis and Concord. I love going down there. I went to school at UNCC also. Such a great area. And it''s growing like crazy!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:11:11 PM
Author: arjunajane
I live in Perth, Western Australia and have always done so.
I would love for one of my US PS friends to adopt me!
arjuanajane - I've always wanted to go to Australia! Hehe wanna switch places for a year or two so you can do your road trip??
3.gif
I think that trip idea sounds awesome - there are so many cool places to go. And definitely stop at all the vendors - great idea!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:20:28 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
I currently live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio. I don''t particularly like our winters because I hate snow with a passion but otherwise it''s not too bad.
Wow DivaDiamond007 - I had no idea it snowed so much in Ohio!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:44:26 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 8:37:37 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 2:59:36 PM

Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA.

I currently live in Morgantown, WV. Surprisingly, its the town with the lowest unemployment rate in the country! I do not like where I live; the town is completely geared towards the university (as it should be). The town has nothing to offer to young professionals (no good local rest. and good local rest., or very few). Plus, the pay in WC is AWFUL for what I do)

FI and I are looking to moving (soon after our Oct ''09 wedding). We have looked at Asheville, NC and Portland, ME.

Asheville, Asheville, Asheville!! You''d absolutely love NC. Asheville is a beautiful place. I assume WV has mountains where you live, but the NC mountains are absolutely gorgeous in the fall.
30.gif

We visited Asheville in August, and loved it. We were amazed by all the small, local, organic, and delicious restaurants! The mountains were gorgeous. And yes, WV has beautiful scenery! (but we''re not THAT close to the Smokey''s
3.gif
). We went to Portland, ME and Acadia in Oct and fell in love
30.gif
OH, decisions!
Yeah Asheville''s a very cultural city - it has a lot of variety, and you can be in the rural mountains in literally just minutes. I''ve never been to ME but I bet it''s gorgeous up there. Man, I have so much traveling I''d do if I could.
1.gif
*sigh*

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:42:41 PM
Author: Scorpioanne
Well so far I think I am the only Canadian to respond to this thread. I live in Regina (the city that rhymes with fun) in Saskatchewan in the prairies. It is completely freezing here today, when I wok up it was -30 degrees celcius, -47 degrees with the wind chill so those of you who want seasons come on up!
Hehe Scorpioanne - I read the -30 and immediately thought -30 Farenheit... haha, I was like DANG that''s cold!!!! I traveled to Canada in January for skiing for 10 days, and it took me a few days just to remind myself the temperatures were Celcius!!
3.gif
It was so lovely up there though.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:11:50 PM
Author: meresal
Including growing up and now, I've lived in 3 of the major cities in Texas... 18yrs in DFW, 4 yrs in Austin/CentralTx, 1yr back in DFW post graduation, and now almost 2yrs in Houston.

ETA: I've always wanted to live in Australia. At this point in my life, I'll have to settle for a few weeks of a vacation. I refuse to spend less than 2 weeks there, once I finally get the time.

Meresal, it is a pretty groovy country to live in - I am biased though I have lived my whole life here, if you do come over you would definitely need 2 wks if not more depending on how much you want to see :).

I live in Queensland Australia, if I was to live in any other country it would be France or England just for a change really :). I could also live in NY FI and I liked it there ;-).

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:34:31 PM
Author:luvthemstrawberries

So, where do you live now? If it''s not your hometown, where you''re originally from? Things you like/dislike about where you are? Where you''d prefer to live if you could?

P.S. - If the town is too private, which I realize it can be for some, you can provide just the area, or just the state or country for all it matters. I promise, this is just for fun.
1.gif
I live in Pembroke Pines, FL (close to Miami). My hometown is Brooklyn, NY. I love how convenient everything is here in Pembroke. We have tons of shopping within 5 minutes from our home. I''d prefer to live in Orlando if there were jobs that paid me enough. I love everything about Orlando and miss living there.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 9:05:43 AM

Date: 2/27/2009 11:42:41 PM
Author: Scorpioanne
Hehe Scorpioanne - I read the -30 and immediately thought -30 Farenheit... haha, I was like DANG that''s cold!!!! I traveled to Canada in January for skiing for 10 days, and it took me a few days just to remind myself the temperatures were Celcius!!
3.gif
It was so lovely up there though.
Well at -30 it really doesn''t make any difference whether it is farenheit or celcius...it is just too darn cold!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Currently living in NYC. Originally from Toronto, Canada.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Sofia, Bulgaria, born and raised. I love travelling and seeing new places, but I don''t think I can live anywhere else in the world. Two weeks abroad and I already miss my home. I just love my country too much I guess.
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I spent my childhood in New Jersey, my teens and most of my twenties in various parts of Maryland (except one 6-month stint in Australia), lived one year in Cambridge, England and now live just outside of London and commute in for work. I wish I knew for sure where I''d prefer to be because my man is English and we need to decide whether or not we''ll live here in England or back in the states!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results