shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
I was born and raised in the far west Chicago suburbs. Went to school in South Bend, IN and I''ve been here for 9 years now. Just accepted a job in Boston, so looking to move there in a couple of months!

Anybody have any suggestions on where to live in Boston? Thanks!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I live in the Big Apple. Born and Raised in Manhattan. Love it here, won''t leave. I''m raising my 3 children in NYC and hope they grow to love it as much as I do.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 9:09:08 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 2/27/2009 8:38:00 PM
Author: packrat

Date: 2/27/2009 6:51:27 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Date: 2/27/2009 6:39:19 PM

Author: packrat

Oh yes I would love to see frog pictures!

Me too!!!
36.gif
<-- that''s me really excited! Good thing BF is out of town this weekend. He likes to make fun of how excited I get over cute animals, frogs,etc.

hehehe frogs make me smile-I love them! I''m 34 and I never tire of finding them in the yard-I always get excited and catch them to show my husband and kids..hahaha even my mom still does it! I found a tree frog last summer that was the size of my pinkie finger nail I swear-he was TINY!
Another vote for frog pictures!!!
9.gif
And another, I just love froggies!

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Born in Paris, France; lived there until I was 5.

From 5 until 12 I went to school in NYC.

From 12 until 17 lived outside of Geneva, Switzerland while I went to boarding school.

Then I moved to New Haven, Ct for university.

After university I moved to Boston for 2 years to attend business school for my MBA.

I then moved back to New Haven, Ct for 3 years to attend law school.

I graduated law school this past June and decided I wanted to live in London for the summer, so I did.

In September of '08, after my stint in London, I bought a house in Los Angeles. That is where I reside today with my amazing FI and our 3 adorable doggies
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in Dublin, Ireland, was born here and have always had my home here. I love it, mainly due to the people. If I could live anywhere else it would be New York or Barcelona, consequently they''re my favourite places to visit!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:05:54 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Date: 2/27/2009 9:12:36 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Curious why several people want to live in the US? I mean *I* love it here but would love to here your reasons.
2.gif

I live in Charlotte, NC

Me too. Anyone care to share any reasons?

I love the US, but I''d love to be *there*... there meaning anywhere and everywhere! I love history, architecture, and want to go everywhere. :)

I''d like to live in the US for a while as I love to visit there, especially New York. I love that things are so much cheaper, that they''re open later, that they''re so many things to do, the weather is better in the summer. I wouldn''t leave Ireland for good though, it''s home.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 2:40:35 PM
Author: elrohwen

I currently live in Fairfield County, Connecticut about an hour and a half north of New York. In general I really like this area. The coast is beautiful (though I don't live near the coast anymore) and I love the New England style houses and stone walls.

elrohwen, I am a native of Fairfield County, Connecticut (although technically I was not born there) and as soon as I read your comment on the stone walls I knew that you were not a native! We do not notice stone walls, you see! We assume that stone walls are everywhere. Sometimes a visitor from another country will comment on the stone walls or ask why in our country people like "dirty" houses (the natural shingle that, by the seashore, gets battered by sea and wind). It is only at those times that we "question" whether there is anything about these aspects of our lives which is not shared by the rest of the world!

I grew up in Greenwich, Connecticut and lived there for most of my adult life, too. I now live in northern Virginia in a suburb of Washington, DC (known here as "the District"). The area where I live has rolling green hills; white clapboard fences; and horses. Unfortunately, it also has much more traffic than its lovely little two-lane by-ways can handle so that traffic is always backed up for miles and miles at rush hour rendering it a nightmare rather than a rural idyll. Property taxes are high and one drives long distances to get anywhere. I miss Fairfield County more than I can say! But then, I am and always will be a Yankee anyway!

Deborah
34.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m originally from the booming metropolis of Maugansville, Maryland. Downtown Maugansville doesn''t even have a stoplight. Seriously. Not even one. But it''s home, and I love it!
9.gif

I currently live in Pennsylvania, but I''m still only about 20 minutes away from M-ville!
2.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Born and raised in the Czech republic.

Moved to Australia at the age of 18 and love it here!!

Lynny0780

Rough_Rock
im in houston tx

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Pure Scottish lass me! Glaswegian born and bred.

We plan is to buy a house in Spain in the future around Girona near Barcelona. This means that you are on the border of France/Androrra and its perfect for beaches and sun in the summer and skiing/snowboarding in the Mountains during the winter and not far from major airports.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei

I loved Andy Pandy when I was a child. I used to own an Andy Pandy puppet and my sister had a wee Looby Lou one.

happy days!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:04:59 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
I''m originally from the booming metropolis of Maugansville, Maryland. Downtown Maugansville doesn''t even have a stoplight. Seriously. Not even one. But it''s home, and I love it!
9.gif

I currently live in Pennsylvania, but I''m still only about 20 minutes away from M-ville!
2.gif
Hahah, my little town in Maryland doesn''t have one either, unless you count the flashing lights where the road crosses over the train tracks. And "downtown" is a dry cleaners, a church, and a quarry.
3.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I was born in upstate NY, and now live right outside the city

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 3:57:02 AM
Author: Po10472
Lorelei

I loved Andy Pandy when I was a child. I used to own an Andy Pandy puppet and my sister had a wee Looby Lou one.

happy days!
LOL!!! Andy Pandy ROCKS doesn''t he???
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I never had an Andy Pandy puppet or a Looby Loo either....* not fair....*
39.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was born in the Bay Area, CA. Moved to Las Vegas when I was 2, moved to London at 24, and Dallas, TX at 26, and I''m still here.
9.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was born in Ashland, KY, moved to Ohio when I married DH, and we now live in West Virginia. Where I grew up in KY and lived in OH, the terrain was pretty flat - especially Ohio. Sometimes I get a closed-in feeling in WV because there''s not much flat land. I look out my window and I''m surrounded by mountains. When hubby and I were house hunting, we had the hardest time finding one that wasn''t smushed into the side of a hill. The roads, including the interstates, are curvy and hilly. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is a must for winter. As much as I miss flat land, I do feel at home here in WV. The people are wonderful and the mountains are beautiful.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
I was born and raised in southwest Michigan, right on the lakeshore. I miss Lake Michigan and all the small local lakes a lot!

I currently live in one of the suburbs of Atlanta. I do like living in the south, but really miss living nearest to my family in Michigan.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I was born in New York, NY, went to college in Boston, lived in south Florida for a few years, and have now been in the DC metro area for a few years. The only place I''ve every really liked is Boston - I would move back there tomorrow if I could.

I would also like to live in the pacific Northwest some day.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 4:10:41 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 2/28/2009 11:04:59 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
9.gif

2.gif
Hahah, my little town in Maryland doesn''t have one either, unless you count the flashing lights where the road crosses over the train tracks. And ''downtown'' is a dry cleaners, a church, and a quarry.
3.gif
LOL! Wow, Gwen, you''re from the BIG CITY!!! Downtown Maugansville consists of a post office (YES, we have our own zip code!), a butcher shop, a Saab dealership and an ice cream parlor! Oh, and there''s a small park where the Little League teams play and also an elementary school (which I attended).
21.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:11:15 AM
Author: Scorpioanne

Date: 2/28/2009 9:05:43 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 2/27/2009 11:42:41 PM
Author: Scorpioanne
Well so far I think I am the only Canadian to respond to this thread. I live in Regina (the city that rhymes with fun) in Saskatchewan in the prairies. It is completely freezing here today, when I wok up it was -30 degrees celcius, -47 degrees with the wind chill so those of you who want seasons come on up!
Hehe Scorpioanne - I read the -30 and immediately thought -30 Farenheit... haha, I was like DANG that''s cold!!!! I traveled to Canada in January for skiing for 10 days, and it took me a few days just to remind myself the temperatures were Celcius!!
3.gif
It was so lovely up there though.
Well at -30 it really doesn''t make any difference whether it is farenheit or celcius...it is just too darn cold!
Haha so very true!!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:23:43 AM
Author: CDNinNYC
Currently living in NYC. Originally from Toronto, Canada.
Hahaha CDN I understand your name now!! Cool!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:08:53 PM
Author: B.H.S
Born in Paris, France; lived there until I was 5.

From 5 until 12 I went to school in NYC.

From 12 until 17 lived outside of Geneva, Switzerland while I went to boarding school.

Then I moved to New Haven, Ct for university.

After university I moved to Boston for 2 years to attend business school for my MBA.

I then moved back to New Haven, Ct for 3 years to attend law school.

I graduated law school this past June and decided I wanted to live in London for the summer, so I did.

In September of ''08, after my stint in London, I bought a house in Los Angeles. That is where I reside today with my amazing FI and our 3 adorable doggies
1.gif
Wow BHS you''ve been all over!!! How cool!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:58:45 PM
Author: deegee
I was born in Ashland, KY, moved to Ohio when I married DH, and we now live in West Virginia. Where I grew up in KY and lived in OH, the terrain was pretty flat - especially Ohio. Sometimes I get a closed-in feeling in WV because there''s not much flat land. I look out my window and I''m surrounded by mountains. When hubby and I were house hunting, we had the hardest time finding one that wasn''t smushed into the side of a hill. The roads, including the interstates, are curvy and hilly. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is a must for winter. As much as I miss flat land, I do feel at home here in WV. The people are wonderful and the mountains are beautiful.
I have a cousin in WV, and it''s sooo beautiful there. Plus she''s close to a bunch of ski mountains!

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
I live in Orange County, California - I love the weather here, it''s perfect!

I was born and lived in the Philippines throughout most my life. I moved here in the States about 5 years ago. I miss home as most my family and a lot of friends are still there. However, I make it a point to visit yearly and spend time with them.

We are having 2 weddings on 2011 - here in Cali and in the Philippines! I''m sure I''d be going crazy when I start my wedding preparations but these forums provide me with some inspiration. Thanks to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results