shape
carat
color
clarity

When you were a child **sensitive topic**

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled on this today. This sums up my entire childhood/adulthood.

The Narcissist's Prayer:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Narcissist's Prayer:

That didn't happen.

I'm so sorry @mellowyellowgirl. {{{Hugs}}}.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

The Narcissist's Prayer:

That didn't happen.

My mother could be so kind and good yet when i read your poem i can hear her voice justifying things

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm mega sensitive at the moment as we had to have our 17 and a half year old golden retriever cross put down last week but the wonderful instinctive Max being put down for aggression must be the ultimate irony. Thank goodness for pets. And even though we may grieve their loss when they go (unashamedly more than for many humans we lose) we can be comforted by the fact that they gave us something profoundly special. Wishing you all the best Sandy.

Amen Xx

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not ready to disclose what happened to me from the age of four (horrific memories) throughout my growing years,'till sixteen years when I left home to escape the hell.One day I may be able to talk about it,but not yet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Made in London I am very sorry and sending you so many good wishes and gentle hugs. You are a wonderful and lovely person and we are lucky you are here with us on Pricescope. I am so sorry for all you have gone through. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinched me, spanked me, hit me, belted me, blue brushed my butt and washed my mouth out with ivory snow.. scary place at my house. My mom tried to kill me, good thing my aunt my mom's sister was there and tackled my mom otherwise I'd be dead or have a TBI for sure. Verbal harangues, waking us up at night and screaming at us for hours, a fun house of pain, anger, abuse, neglect and horror, but I survived! my parents eventually got the help they needed to become the parents they should have been... There's a lot to be said about getting help and getting better and forgiveness, my personal and only opinion is that without therapy it's very hard to move on in life, Forgiveness is key, doesn't mean one has to have a relationship, although I was very lucky that my parents and I had a wonderful relationship for the last 30 years of their lives.

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
@Made in London I am very sorry and sending you so many good wishes and gentle hugs. You are a wonderful and lovely person and we are lucky you are here with us on Pricescope. I am so sorry for all you have gone through. (((Hugs))).

Thank you for your kind & thoughtful words.They mean a lot to me Xx

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope might be for the Bling but there’s a wonderful group of kind, caring and considerate women (and a few men) to be found here. For those who have had troubled, terrible, horrific childhoods be proud of yourself and please feel safe and cared for here.
sending hugs to everyone. Bling on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so agree with @Bron357
I came to PS initially for the bling.
I stayed all these years (12 plus and counting) for the people here.
Warm and considerate and kind and caring and generous and funny. And all that good stuff.
Like a family at times with ups and downs and occasionally dysfunctional but more good things than bad.

For those who have suffered at the hands of the people who were the very people who were supposed to protect you my heart goes out to you. My love and warm hugs and good thoughts are being sent to you virtually- but I hope you can feel it.

And I just shared my experience with hateful grandparents that I never shared here before. Out of horrible parents came the most wonderful man I know besides my DH. My dad. Somehow the most kind and wonderful and generous and loving and sweet man came from parents that IMO were the opposite of him in every way.

Here's what I shared in another thread.

When I see what some PSers have gone through and yet here they are- wonderful, warm, kind and overall lovely human beings. I am not surprised. Out of the worst can come the best. My dad is a perfect example.

whoidontwanttobe.jpg

bestthingsinlife.jpg

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
pinched me, spanked me, hit me, belted me, blue brushed my butt and washed my mouth out with ivory snow.. scary place at my house. My mom tried to kill me, good thing my aunt my mom's sister was there and tackled my mom otherwise I'd be dead or have a TBI for sure. Verbal harangues, waking us up at night and screaming at us for hours, a fun house of pain, anger, abuse, neglect and horror, but I survived! my parents eventually got the help they needed to become the parents they should have been... There's a lot to be said about getting help and getting better and forgiveness, my personal and only opinion is that without therapy it's very hard to move on in life, Forgiveness is key, doesn't mean one has to have a relationship, although I was very lucky that my parents and I had a wonderful relationship for the last 30 years of their lives.

OMG, I’m so sorry this happened to you, @Bayek. But I’m so glad your parents finally got help. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And there you have it. An inspiration to us all. Truly. Dear Kate you are great and you’re a shining example of overcoming trauma and horror and becoming the very opposite of what you suffered. A wonderful mother, aunt, sister, grandmother, and daughter. And of course, friend. You are the best of the best...love you. ❤️

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there you have it. An inspiration to us all. Truly. Dear Kate you are great and you’re a shining example of overcoming trauma and horror and becoming the very opposite of what you suffered. A wonderful mother, aunt, sister, grandmother, and daughter. And of course, friend. You are the best of the best...love you. ❤

You are a marvel, Kate. It is amazing that such a kind woman emerged from the nightmare that you lived. I have experienced your empathy and I know how deep it runs. I love you, too.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I shared in another thread.

I am sorry that you had family members like this, missy. (I did go to read what you wrote in the other thread.) It makes me wonder what kind of childhood your father had. I am so glad that you were the lucky one who got the prize out of your father's family. I hope you can escape the memories of your grandparents and other relatives, although you will always be robbed of warm experiences with grandparents that you should have had.

Hugs,
(((missy)))
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results