shape
carat
color
clarity

When you buy an ebay setting do you upgrade the diamonds? (Jewe2004)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
The diamonds are

DIAMOND WEIGHT:1.33Ct Natural
DIAMOND QUALITY:VS/G-H
DIAMOND CUT:Round

By diamond upgrade do they mean higher colour or double cut vs singal cut? I tried to ask him but we seem to have somewhat of a little communication barrier on some topics. Simple sentences he does answer though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Giving this a bump.
35.gif

Sorry I don''t know the answer though.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono! I just took the plunge as a guinea pig. I think the stones may be a little big to be a single cut but will shall see. I sent in an offer and it was accepted. Will post in awhile when it is made and I have it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I have heard about the LOGR:
Upgrades usually only refer to the colour and clarity. Most tend to be single cuts (which I prefer for tiny melees) but I also know alot of PSers like the full cut melees. It normally comes in single cuts unless specified.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I got it from jewe2004 because its free shipping to CANADA! They will be single cuts..it would of been 350 extra to have them all double cut which would of basically doubled the price of the ring. It will take him I think a week as he has never made it in yellow gold...we are experimenting :razz:

I just hope through our communication barrier that he got the diamond weight wrong and it is 0.004 instead of .04 to .06 each as it makes much more sense according to what I see in the pics and then single cuts will be fine.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry to be the one to give you the bad news, wish I''d saw your post earlier. I myself is among some others who had bad experience with this seller (lan.bo4), who is also selling 3 additional eBay IDs. I''ve heard people paid for upgrade diamonds but received single cuts. I received a ring completed than what I had ordered. Although return and full refund was offered, but it cost me $30 to ship back to China.

However, there are people who were happy with rings bought from this guy. Just thought you need to know everything.

See related threads below about this guy. To me, I can''t trust people who was caught lying multiple times.

related thread 1

related thread 2

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Yingh you can also add jewelryhoo to your list. I know he uses multi-ids. I ended up not upgrading the diamonds I just changed the colour of the gold if I get the right ring...all should be ok, who knows. I honestly just wanted to take a chance on him after a toronto jewlery store quoted me 800 for the gold for this setting. I know gold is high right now but 800 for the gold? Hope my cheap ways don''t bite me in the azz.

fromapcringc.JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I won several settings from this seller over the last few weeks. One is on the way so I will send my feedback.

Would you really say that lan.bo4 is a liar or is it just miscommunication? I think they get a lot of business and potentially gets mixed up. I don''t know ... I guess I am conflicted because my stone is still MIA .. but I will see how I feel once the ring arrives.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
ugh... I just won a setting from this guy this week. I should have known to search his name on here... you guys catch everything! I haven''t gotten the setting yet, but I will be SURE to get it checked out and post a ridiculous amount of shots for you to critique.
Charmy, we''ll have to hold hands and keep our fingers crossed!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
It is up to you to judge the root cause of lan.bo4's issue. I made my judgment based on following facts:

- he uses Knox stock pictures to sell as his own items without disclosing the source of the pictures or making a note about it;

- he carefully removed the KNOX trademarks on those pictures;

- he made rings with single cuts diamonds after receiving payments for FULL cut diamonds; only offered refund after the buyer found that out through a jeweler;

- he sent me a ring completely different than the one I bought, and much cheaper than the one I paid for. He then tried to convince me to keep the wrong ring by saying he had already made up the price difference by adding a little more gold.

- there is no language barrier between me and him since I speak and write in his native language.

I don't know if that's all the story out there about this guy, but I am determined to warn anyone who cares.

Date: 4/27/2009 11:09:16 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I won several settings from this seller over the last few weeks. One is on the way so I will send my feedback.

Would you really say that lan.bo4 is a liar or is it just miscommunication? I think they get a lot of business and potentially gets mixed up. I don't know ... I guess I am conflicted because my stone is still MIA .. but I will see how I feel once the ring arrives.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results