shape
carat
color
clarity

When to move on and adopt another to love?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone.

Please keep Mimi in your thoughts today. She is having surgery. We found 3 lumps in her mammary tissue that the vet suspects is likely breast cancer. She was a breeder dog and it's very common in older dogs who've had several litters. I pray it's nothing. We've opted for the blood work on her to check her other vital organs and for the pathology on the lumps to verify cancer (or not). The lumps are all very small (less than 2cm each) but we're told breast cancer in dogs grows and spreads quickly (first to the lungs).

For now, they're just doing mass removals to test and we'll go from there. If it is cancer, the most aggressive treatment is to remove all of her mammary chains. No tissue = no cancer. This would be a very invasive surgery for my old little girl. I hope it doesn't come to that.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Mimi will be in my prayers.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a good support website and you can get lots of info:

[email protected]

there is a lot of info on the internet re mammary gland cancer in cats, especially female cats.

lots of dust going out to you and Mimi. she is one fortunate lady to have you care enough to see her through this. you have my utmost admiration.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Audball-how did Mimi's surgery go?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Surgery went well. She's recovering nicely. We go back on the 14th to have her stitches out and *should* have the pathology results by then. She's in very good spirits, even in her 'cone of shame'! Her tail never stops wagging and she still insists on her regular dose of belly rubs!

Photo on 2012-06-01 at 18.16.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, look at that little sweetie!! What a trouper - She's in such good hands with you Audball, I'm so glad she found such a caring mama - sending lots of healing dust Mimi's way for a quick recovery, and many positive thoughts for good news regarding the test results.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks junebug. She's such a happy girl. Nothing bothers her. She eats, drinks, sleeps, and even plays/chews on her toys with her cone on. Took her about a half day to get the hang of it, but she doesn't seem to even care that it's there.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I hope everything is fine. She is sooo cute!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks asscherisme. I hope so too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
she is so cute with the cone!

audball

Ideal_Rock
She really is. It just doesn't stop her. I went home for lunch today and she greeted me with her ball in her cone. She'll play fetch and she'll go scoop it into her cone and then work it into her mouth. It's freaking hilarious. She's even playing fetch with her self scooping it up, rolling it out, rinse/repeat.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
She is adorable, lovely face. In my experience after three rescue dogs, they never stop wagging their tails. Molls will wag her tail in her sleep. I'm so glad you did this. Your life is really so on track now, and I'm really glad for you :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I just realized I never updated! Biopsies all came back clean, benign! We have to keep an eye on her but they don't anticipate needing to test new growths/lumps unless they are abnormally shaped, break the skin, or grow faster than normal. We're in the clear for now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1341880052|3231265 said:
I just realized I never updated! Biopsies all came back clean, benign! We have to keep an eye on her but they don't anticipate needing to test new growths/lumps unless they are abnormally shaped, break the skin, or grow faster than normal. We're in the clear for now!

Amazing news audball!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So happy for all of you!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks missy! We're so relieved.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank goodness!!! :appl: I got scared when I saw that you had posted in the thread audball - wasn't sure what the news would be, so I am sooo happy to hear it's good news! Thank you for the update!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks junebug!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: more pictures?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mommy and Me :love:

mimi-31.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hanging out with Dad!

mimi-38.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Smiling for our close up!

ETA: You can see her pretty bow!

mimi-36.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

What great pictures!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's SO cute!!! Love her! :love:

eta: And you guys are pretty cute too teehee!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks VRBeauty and junebug! We adore her :) :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH thank goodness, what wonderful news! I am so relieved for you and mimi, aud! She's a mega cutie, and you are just gorgeous! I love her pretty bow :halo: I love your pics, it looks beautifully warm and summery there! It's about 15 degrees celcius here today and pouring rain, brrrr!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi|1341894849|3231436 said:
OH thank goodness, what wonderful news! I am so relieved for you and mimi, aud! She's a mega cutie, and you are just gorgeous! I love her pretty bow :halo: I love your pics, it looks beautifully warm and summery there! It's about 15 degrees celcius here today and pouring rain, brrrr!!
Aww, thanks Dandi! You're too sweet! I'm in the bay area of Florida...it's downright HOT here in the mid 90s, even staying about 80 before 7am and after 11pm. It's humid and stifling. Thankfully my little princess hates the heat so she's quick on her walks and then looks at me like, "Mom...we haz to go back home! It's too hot!" with her little stubby tail wagging away like it'll make her get there faster!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i see it in the very first picture with you: i'm with my forever mommy and home!

again, thank you for taking in and loving this bundle of affection.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We lost our sweet Mimi this past Thursday. We are devastated. Numb.

Our sweet girl started having trouble breathing Wednesday evening. Deep, labored breathing with her head extended trying to get air. We got her to rest and breathing got a bit better, but was still very labored. I stayed up with her all night and finally got her to sleep on my chest around 3am.

We went into the vet first thing that morning and they started by doing chest xrays. Her heart was enlarged and she had fluid in her lungs. They tested her oxygen levels and she was only getting 50-60% of the oxygen she needed. After a lot of tests, it was determined that she wasn't going to get better and we had to put her down.

It still doesn't feel real. Every time I come home I expect her to be there at the door, and then she's not. Andrew and I had both lost pets as kids, but there is something different about it being one you chose, you cared for, you were responsible for. This is a kind of hurt I've never known.

I attached the last picture we took of her.We each took a picture with her first, and then took this one. It makes us laugh. We gave her some cookies and her eyes always got big and excited and the she licks her lips. It was the perfect shot.

Thank you all for encouraging us to adopt her. It was the greatest joy and honor to get to be her parents in her last year.

976906_10101853707766621_789319283_o.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart sank when I saw you had added to this thread audball, because I knew Mimi was an older dog and I just had a feeling...I am so, so sorry, I have tears in my eyes. I know this sounds dumb, but I got attached to Mimi through your descriptions of her...she just sounded so very sweet and loving and just such a nice doggie...she was SO lucky to spend her remaining time with you and your SO - you gave her such a wonderful life and so much love and I know she just adored you guys for it. Hugs to you, I know it is so hard. :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results