shape
carat
color
clarity

What's you opinion on this diamond? Pics and Vid. Need help!

lambo

Rough_Rock
First off, thank you for taking the time to help a newbie out! After spending much time looking for a diamond, I've narrowed it down to these two based on the HCA calculator.

Both diamonds are similar in price. Please let me know how these diamonds are, and if one is better than the other. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Also, if there's a similar diamond that you'd like to suggest, please feel free to let me know (my budget is around $20k)!

Diamond #1 - 2.01 ct. G color, VVS2, medium blue fluorescence:

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJpuVzDVEJY (Fast forward to 0:26 sec)

2_3.png
img_3139.jpg
img_3138_0.jpg
img_3136_0.jpg
img_3135.jpg

Diamond #2 - 2.02 ct. G color, VS1, faint fluorescence:

2_4.png
img_3141.jpg
img_3140_0.jpg img_3142.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What's you opinion on this diamond? Pics and Vid. Need h

#2. G VS1. No brainer.
VS1 is already eye clean and mind-clean, less light leakage, ideal proportions, smaller table and thick arrows for bold flashes and fire. faint fluo..

Very pretty.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

flyingpig|1471294496|4066353 said:
#2. G VS1. No brainer.
VS1 is already eye clean and mind-clean, less light leakage, ideal proportions, smaller table and thick arrows for bold flashes and fire. faint fluo..

Very pretty.

Ditto! Beautiful stone!

lambo

Rough_Rock

ac117|1471295008|4066365 said:
#2. G VS1. No brainer.

Very pretty.

Ditto! Beautiful stone!

Thanks so much for the responses! Just so I understand correctly, y'all prefer diamond #2 because the light performance is better than diamond #1? Does that automatically translate to being more brilliant? I'm trying to request a video of diamond #2 and will hopefully be able to post it. Thanks again for your help!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambo|1471295477|4066368 said:
ac117|1471295008|4066365 said:
#2. G VS1. No brainer.

Very pretty.

Ditto! Beautiful stone!

Thanks so much for the responses! Just so I understand correctly, y'all prefer diamond #2 because the light performance is better than diamond #1? Does that automatically translate to being more brilliant? I'm trying to request a video of diamond #2 and will hopefully be able to post it. Thanks again for your help!

YES.

From AGS
"We are defining brilliance as: brightness with positive contrast effects"
This diamond has both brightness (no light leakage, lots of red) and positive contrast effects (well defined thick arrows)

#1 is ok. But not good as #2

lambo

Rough_Rock

Ok, so I made a mistake in my original post! I actually posted three diamonds; I mixed up the GIA report and diamond images for two of the diamonds. I'm so sorry for the confusion! I can't edit my original post so I'll just make the changes here. There are actually three diamonds in consideration.

The ASET images in diamond #1 had the wrong GIA report. I'm moving the images for diamond #1 to diamond #3 and including the GIA report and video of that diamond. The new diamond #1 only has a video and no ASET image (the jeweler says there is no ASET available, is that normal?). Here it is with everything fixed:

Diamond #1 - 2.01 ct. G color, VVS2, medium blue fluorescence (No ASET image, only video):

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJpuVzDVEJY (Fast forward to 0:26 sec)
2_3.png

Diamond #2 - 2.02 ct. G color, VS1, faint fluorescence:

2_4.png
img_3141.jpg
img_3140_0.jpg img_3142.jpg

Diamond #3 - 2.01 ct. G color, VS2

VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/a/engageme...0hWG5Dy4cJeZ2V5dkw0VnltbkE/view?usp=drive_web

2_5.png
img_3139.jpg
img_3138_0.jpg
img_3136_0.jpg
img_3135.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Still stone #2. I wouldn't purchase stone #1 without an IS or ASET since the pavilion angle is >41. It's not uncommon for drop shippers to not have these images-it usually means the stone is not in house. What flyingpig said earlier still holds true for #2 being better than #3.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That makes sense. I was surprised by the unusually good ASET for 34/41.4 combo.
#3 is good, if you prefer higher crown angle for potentially more fire/dispersion.
But I would still take #2 for better brightness, contrast, and overall appearance.

lambo

Rough_Rock

flyingpig|1471298507|4066380 said:
That makes sense. I was surprised by the unusually good ASET for 34/41.4 combo.
#3 is good, if you prefer higher crown angle for potentially more fire/dispersion.
But I would still take #2 for better brightness, contrast, and overall appearance.

Thanks for confirming again! So overall, is diamond #2 a good one relative to other round brilliants around $20k? I know it may be the best out of the three, but could I possibly find a better diamond for my budget of $20k? I just want to make sure I find the best diamond for my future fiance. Thanks again for all your help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

#2. Finding a 2 ct G VS1 at $20k is not easy, so I'd grab that one while you can!

lambo

Rough_Rock

^Thanks for the response, diamondseeker! I'm really leaning towards #2 :) however, I stopped by a local jeweler today and wanted to get your thoughts on this one. I wasn't able to see the diamond in person as it will need to be ordered, but I do have some pictures and a video.

Could anybody please let me know their opinion of this diamond compared to the previous one's that I posted? The HCA is 2.3.

Diamond #4: 2.01 ct. G VVS2

plaza_diamong_gia.png
img_3151.jpg
img_3152.jpg

VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4gGRAg9PiVSQmk3eWtrZDlFWXc

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

#4 can be decent. But the crown is too high at 36.5. The HCA score also support this.
You need an ASET/IS to check for light leakage. Those images are just hearts and arrows image.

#2 is seriously good. It is a top level GIA XXX

lambo

Rough_Rock

flyingpig|1471386492|4066693 said:
#4 can be decent. But the crown is too high at 36.5. The HCA score also support this.
You need an ASET/IS to check for light leakage. Those images are just hearts and arrows image.

Thanks flyingpig! What does GIA XXX mean and is this something you can tell from the GIA report?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambo|1471442679|4066883 said:

Thanks flyingpig! What does GIA XXX mean and is this something you can tell from the GIA report?

Not flyingpig but what he means is

Cut grade - Excellent (X)
Symmetry - Excellent (X)
Polish - Excellent (X)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambo|1471442679|4066883 said:

I'll answer since it doesn't look like FP is on right now - GIA XXX means it's rated Excellent in Cut, Symmetry and Polish. However, GIA is very broad with their range of specs that fall into this triple XXX category, which is why we give ideal parameters to look for when sticking to GIA stones that would make for a top performing diamond. #2 is one of those stones.

lambo

Rough_Rock

Ok, that makes sense now! Thanks for the responses! :angel:

lambo

Rough_Rock

Anybody else have any input before I make my final decision? I'm leaning towards 2.02 G VS1, but I just want to make sure I'm getting the best diamond possible! Any input or advice is greatly appreciated (paging Gypsy lol)!! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results