shape
carat
color
clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stores are required to block off sections so people cannot purchase certain items. This is government overreach.

Right, but it's only places where there could be too much "contact," KWIM? I got my plants at grocery stores, outside of farm stands and hardware stores (and I live in Mass, it's cold here,) they are for sale at many "essential" businesses. Maybe they should support local businesses for plants and paint, not big box stores? Just thinking outside the box...... Trump is DESPERATE for the economy to recover and he knows his base. He is definitely calling to them and they are responding right on cue.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am a rightie and i kinda know deep down what kind of American id be

im living under the " pretty communist " right now, but we have to do what we have to do to stop our fellow citizens from dying
its not permanent, there will still be elections as seduleed when this is over
But here under a few pieces of legislation including one piece dating back to the '50s its the non elected position of director general of health who's really calling the shots

its short term
yes i dont like it, having my personal freedom temporarily taken away, but i support it because i don't want anyone else's nanna or pop or mum or dad or son or daughter to die

we have government to make the unpopular but needed descions people generally would not make for them selves
sometimes its your guys, sometimes its the other guys

just stay at home and don't spread covid 19

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'allz calm down.
They're just using guns to protect their families.

They're gonna shoot them that thar bad virus. :x2

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, but it's only places where there could be too much "contact," KWIM? I got my plants at grocery stores, outside of farm stands and hardware stores (and I live in Mass, it's cold here,) they are for sale at many "essential" businesses. Maybe they should support local businesses for plants and paint, not big box stores? Just thinking outside the box...... Trump is DESPERATE for the economy to recover and he knows his base. He is definitely calling to them and they are responding right on cue.

Why do you have to be so derogatory about people who think differently than you? It is so disheartening and it makes me wonder when people talk about coming together in a crisis. What kind of coming together do they mean?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

But isn’t that the problem? That local small business stores have been forced to close because they don’t sell essentials? The people protesting are likely small business owners who want to start making money again to put food on their table. Small businesses are getting screwed right now.
ETA: I’m not condoning their actions. Just trying to be empathetic given the state of the economy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stores are required to block off sections so people cannot purchase certain items. This is government overreach.

Kind of like not allowing people to purchase beer at the Stop and Shop on Sunday because it's the Christian holy day. (Big curtain goes up. In the old days the whole store would be closed on a Sunday.)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But isn’t that the problem? That local small business stores have been forced to close because they don’t sell essentials? The people protesting are likely small business owners who want to start making money again to put food on their table. Small businesses are getting screwed right now.

I OWN a small business. My neighbors daughter has COVID. I do some of their shopping for them. I guess I have different priorities.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you have to be so derogatory about people who think differently than you? It is so disheartening and it makes me wonder when people talk about coming together in a crisis. What kind of coming together do they mean?

I have no idea what you find derogatory about this statement?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what you find derogatory about this statement?

Not just this statement, this thread. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do away with that for sure! :lol-2: I want my al-chee-hol on any day I please.

At least you're consistent ;)). My point is that government interference at the grocery store didn't start with the coronavirus.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kind of like not allowing people to purchase beer at the Stop and Shop on Sunday because it's the Christian holy day. (Big curtain goes up. In the old days the whole store would be closed on a Sunday.)

our shops are generally closed on Easter Sunday (they definatly are on Good Friday and Christmas day) but this year only suoermarkets were allowed to open so that the whole panic buying thing would not resurface because people don't seem to be able to cope when shops are closed for one day here

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I OWN a small business. My neighbors daughter has COVID. I do some of their shopping for them. I guess I have different priorities.

Or you may also have different privileges. You might be better off. You may have more blessings. Let me tell you. Half of my family is considered essential and goes to work daily! What should they do? Quit and starve? Do you think their priorities are messed up because they need a roof and food?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
our shops are generally closed on Easter Sunday (they definatly are on Good Friday and Christmas day) but this year only suoermarkets were allowed to open so that the whole panic buying thing would not resurface because people don't seem to be able to cope when shops are closed for one day here

A bit off topic, but did you see the thread I tagged you in about Bruce?? Check it out!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Ridiculous. NO one has said they cannot do these things. Wow.

Read the order...customers must be prevented from purchasing nonessential items and those sections of the stores closed off...including garden centers among others.
No travel outside your home to another unless it involves direct care for another....so I couldn’t legally drop off cookies at the neighbor.
If one owns a vacation home they may not go there.
It’s all in the order.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those protestors are good people! They’re probably small business owners who just want their freedom and gun rights respected!

Oh wait...

“A wave of planned anti-lockdown demonstrations that have broken out around the country to protest against the efforts of state governments to combat the coronavirus pandemic with business closures and stay-at-home orders have included far-right groups as well as more mainstream Republicans.

“While protesters in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and other states claim to speak for ordinary citizens, many are also supported by street-fighting rightwing groups like the Proud Boys, conservative armed militia groups, religious fundamentalists, anti-vaccination groups and other elements of the radical right.”

GOOD PEOPLE!!!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Close areas of the store—by cordoning them off, placing signs in aisles, posting prominent signs, removing goods from shelves, or other appropriate means—that are dedicated to the following classes of goods:

Carpet or flooring.

Furniture.

Garden centers and plant nurseries.

Paint.

By April 13, 2020, refrain from the advertising or promotion of goods that are not groceries, medical supplies, or items that are necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and basic operation of residences.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood, I would think you would get it considering your husband works for one of these businesses. People are roaming around Home Depots and Lowes because they are bored. I have family members who are doing this as entertainment now. I begged my dad to think of the people working there. The last thing they need is having someone come to the store and infect the workers. We all know you can feel fine, have this virus and pass it to others.

The Governor of Michigan is trying to keep people safe. Your husband’s right to stay alive should be more important than someone being entertained for an hour.

This isn’t the flu.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood, I would think you would get it considering your husband works for one of these businesses. People are roaming around Home Depots and Lowes because they are bored. I have family members who are doing this as entertainment now. I begged my dad to think of the people working there. The last thing they need is having someone come to the store and infect the workers. We all know you can feel fine, have this virus and pass it to others.

The Governor of Michigan is trying to keep people safe. Your husband’s right to stay alive should be more important than someone being entertained for an hour.

This isn’t the flu.

It's human nature. I still don't think it's the place of the federal government to dictate what stores can sell.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or you may also have different privileges. You might be better off. You may have more blessings. Let me tell you. Half of my family is considered essential and goes to work daily! What should they do? Quit and starve? Do you think their priorities are messed up because they need a roof and food?

Huh? You said they were small business owners marching to stay open? Now you are arguing for them to stay home? I'm confused...

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Read the order...customers must be prevented from purchasing nonessential items and those sections of the stores closed off...including garden centers among others.
No travel outside your home to another unless it involves direct care for another....so I couldn’t legally drop off cookies at the neighbor.
If one owns a vacation home they may not go there.
It’s all in the order.

Good. They should NOT be going to vacation homes. How is this not common knowledge? STAY HOME unless you need to go out

Vacation homes are NOT vacation homes right now. WHY is this so hard for people to understand?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh? You said they were small business owners marching to stay open? Now you are arguing for them to stay home? I'm confused...

Let me clarify. First. I gave the protesters the benefit of the doubt by being empathetic. I never said that i condoned their actions. Just that maybe they need to open their business to make money.
Then you mentioned you are a small business owner but implied that your priorities are superior because you take your neighbors food? If anything, I was confused by your segue. But I just inferred that you were implying that your priorities were superior to the protestors bc you care for your neighbors. You didn’t mention whether your small business was shut down or whether you depend solely on it for survival.
Stay with me. Don’t get lost. I segued into the subject of my family because they are doing whatever it takes to survive and that does not make their priorities inferior to yours. Either way, their health is at risk. Stay home and starve and lose your roof or go out and risk possible infection. The connection between the protesters and my family is that the shutdown is putting the less privileged people between a rock and a hard place. And I’m not here to berate them and elevate myself into a superior human being because they need to work. Not everyone has the luxury to hole themselves up and consider themselves superior because they are lucky enough to be paid to stay at home. Their sacrifice is minimal given they only risk exposure when they have to go grocery shopping. The essentials are being treated as second class citizens as if their lives Don’t matter. Let them deliver your grub hub at all hours while you take credit for sacrificing yourself bc you know, you are doing the right thing by staying home. Hopefully this clarifies. I wish we all had the luxury to flatten the curve. But the reality is that we don’t as we comfortably exploit the essentials.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me clarify. First. I gave the protesters the benefit of the doubt by being empathetic. I never said that i condoned their actions. Just that maybe they need to open their business to make money.
Then you mentioned you are a small business owner but implied that your priorities are superior because you take your neighbors food? If anything, I was confused by your segue. But I just inferred that you were implying that your priorities were superior to the protestors bc you care for your neighbors. You didn’t mention whether your small business was shut down or whether you depend solely on it for survival.
Stay with me. Don’t get lost. I segued into the subject of my family because they are doing whatever it takes to survive and that does not make their priorities inferior to yours. Either way, their health is at risk. Stay home and starve it go out and risk possible infection. The connection between the protesters and my family is that the shutdown is putting the less privileged people between a rock and a hard place. And I’m not here to berate them and elevate myself into a superior human being because they need to work. Not everyone has the luxury to hole themselves up and consider themselves superior because they are lucky enough to be paid to stay at home. Their sacrifice is minimal given they only risk exposure when they have to go grocery shopping. The essentials are being treated as second class citizens as if their lives Don’t matter. Let them deliver your grub hub at all hours while you take credit for sacrificing yourself bc you know, you are doing the right thing by staying home.

Trust me. I can read. I won't get lost. LOL!

I am still in business- I am working and serving customers. I am not staying home. I have become 'creative' during this time which is what most small business owners have done to stay afloat. I am an essential business- I have no idea how but I am. I give away product for free for those who can't pay. I deliver. I try to minimize my exposure outside of my home to keep my customers safe. I buy ONLY from small businesses right now if I can. I give away my eggs my chickens lay to people who need it. I spend one day a week traveling to get meat from another small business owners for us and my neighbors. I gave away all of my N95 masks that my husband used to tune skis to nurses (who knew?.) I am doing what it takes for OTHERS to survive- small business owners and immunocompromised or health care providers I know. No one I know uses grub hub- they are killing small businesses. Our local small restaurants are making food in large portions, delivering, and thriving because we all buy. Market basket near me is doing a hell of a job keeping their employees and customers safe.- limiting how many are allowed inside and taking other precautions.

THIS is why I don't identify with people marching on the capital carrying AR-15's to protect their 2nd ammendment rights- no one gives a shit about their guns right now. ALL small business owners I know right now are not marching around with guns. It's ridiculous.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I would love my DH to be able to stay home but we can't afford it. Period. I'm glad he still has a job to go to so we consider ourselves very fortunate.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS is why I don't identify with people marching on the capital carrying AR-15's to protect their 2nd ammendment rights- no one gives a shit about their guns right now. ALL small business owners I know right now are not marching around with guns. It's ridiculous.

But they aren't protesting gun rights. They are protesting keeping businesses closed. The article was about that, not the firearms they happen to be carrying.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But they aren't protesting gun rights. They are protesting keeping businesses closed. The article was about that, not the firearms they happen to be carrying.

Then WHY are they all wearing bullet-proof vests and carrying AR-15's? Or is it AR-14's? WHY is that necessary unless it's to threaten their state to "Open up for business?"

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I would love my DH to be able to stay home but we can't afford it. Period. I'm glad he still has a job to go to so we consider ourselves very fortunate.

I wish him good health and my heart goes out to you both. Yes. I think that those of us who personally know essentials don’t have the luxury of living in fear. I would go insane and live in paranoia and fortunately that is something that I do have control over.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then WHY are they all wearing bullet-proof vests and carrying AR-15's? Or is it AR-14's? WHY is that necessary unless it's to threaten their state to "Open up for business?"

Because they want to. Some people wear pink hats. I happen to agree with some of the things they are protesting, like government overreach. I don't protest but am glad that some will.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results