shape
carat
color
clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just reading this article about protests in some US States against the lockdown restrictions, but why the hell are all these people armed upto their eyeballs? What happens during US protests that requires these kind of guns?? WTF???!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These people are my favorite kinds of gun owners. The ones that have themselves convinced that they are “responsible gun owners” because they haven’t shot anyone...yet...but they’re too stupid to realize they’re too stupid to own a gun. Evidence of stupidity clearly displayed in photos of “responsible gun owners” protesting during deadly pandemic.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Misogynistic Trump supporters.

They chanted "lock her up" in reference to Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer, just like the "lock her up" chant against Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing dramatic happens at the protests...it's all for show. Michigan is an open carry state...some people think that because they have a right to carry they have to make a point by doing so. They would do the same regardless of the party affiliation of the current president.
At least a few of them are wearing face masks but doesn't look like they are social distancing at all. :roll:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing dramatic happens at the protests...it's all for show. Michigan is an open carry state...some people think that because they have a right to carry they have to make a point by doing so. They would do the same regardless of the party affiliation of the current president.
At least a few of them are wearing face masks but doesn't look like they are social distancing at all. :roll:

But having the right to carry a gun surely doesn't mean you need to bring weapons THAT BIG to a quiet protest about being allowed to go back to work. Is it a threat? Like, let me go back to work or I'll shoot you dead?? It just feels so alien to me. And so sad & so wrong.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because they can and some people like to do it. I'm not a tacticool kinda gun owner so I wouldn't do it and neither would DH but some people take it very seriously. I don't worry about it any more than any other kind of protest. Large crowds together would bother me more at this moment.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
No it certainly doesn't mean they have to or should...but people often don't do what they should.
I would not want to speculate if they are trying to send a message. We've lived in states that are open carry and while it may be common to see people carrying guns what you see at that protest is not an everyday thing.

There are people in the US who are not comfortable with open or concealed carry. Some have clear objections but some have just grown up in areas where every time they hear or see about gun usage it is a bad or tragic story where someone ends up dead. They aren't familiar with guns for sport or hunting...they've had a different set of experiences.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Until someone ends up shot or dead.

Trump lite a match to get them all riled up this morning with his tweets. Because all good presidents incite violence. Scary times.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No it certainly doesn't mean they have to or should...but people often don't do what they should.
I would not want to speculate if they are trying to send a message. We've lived in states that are open carry and while it may be common to see people carrying guns what you see at that protest is not an everyday thing.

There are people in the US who are not comfortable with open or concealed carry. Some have clear objections but some have just grown up in areas where every time they hear or see about gun usage it is a bad or tragic story where someone ends up dead. They aren't familiar with guns for sport or hunting...they've had a different set of experiences.

Well I will speculate, they absolutely are sending a message and exercising their rights, because there are plenty who would like them not to have the ability to do it. I understand it but it's still not my cup of tea.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you look at the stats you will find that gun deaths at legal protests are a very low number in Michigan (is it more than zero even?) as compared to other gun deaths in the state. It's a visible show, an uncomfortable one for many people but probably a safer place to be than some other areas of the state.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because they can and some people like to do it. I'm not a tacticool kinda gun owner so I wouldn't do it and neither would DH but some people take it very seriously. I don't worry about it any more than any other kind of protest. Large crowds together would bother me more at this moment.

“Because they can“ is the most honest and perfect answer we can get.

I just can’t imagine it would be the most sound decision to bring a gun to a protest. Can you?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Well I will speculate, they absolutely are sending a message and exercising their rights, because there are plenty who would like them not to have the ability to do it. I understand it but it's still not my cup of tea.

Yes that is no doubt what many are trying to express. I meant I would not speculate as to whether any one of them were intending to be threatening. I was not clear to distinguish that.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Because they can“ is the most honest and perfect answer we can get.

I just can’t imagine it would be the most sound decision to bring a gun to a protest. Can you?

I don't see it as a problem because the ones doing it are not the type to smash, trash, assault, or burn things up. They aren't Antifa. ;))

Yes that is no doubt what many are trying to express. I meant I would not speculate as to whether any one of them were intending to be threatening. I was not clear to distinguish that.

I don't think they are doing it to be physically threatening at all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see it as a problem because the ones doing it are not the type to smash, trash, assault, or burn things up. They aren't Antifa. ;))

Oh please @redwood66, at least be honest. They brought their guns to instill fear and intimidate.

A large group of angry shouting men holding guns aren’t threatening?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it interesting @Alex T . Many of the people at that protest are the same people who feel they can tell a woman what she can do with her body. They stood there saying the government has no business telling them what they could do.

Oh please @redwood66, at least be honest. They brought their guns to instill fear and intimidate.

All kinds of assumptions going on here.

BTW I always try to be honest so back that truck up with your nonsense. I have no desire to debate something with you that you know nothing about. Maybe it's threatening to you but that is how you perceive it.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I personally find it alarming, which is why I asked what I was missing. But I am from a gun free country, so to ME this is hugely threatening & frightening, but to others, maybe not so much? The only gun I have ever seen in real life is an air rifle when I was a child. It was found in a field by my cousin & was promptly confiscated by the local police :shock: I think a farmer must have misplaced it :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally find it alarming, which is why I asked what I was missing by creating this post. But I am from a gun free country, so to ME this is hugely threatening & frightening, but to others, maybe not so much?

I understand this. And I would not expect you to attend one of these protests.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Again, I know Americans who find it threatening and frightening. Some are ill informed and/or projecting their own political bias, some have simple never been around guns and seeing any gun would be frightening to them. Callie doesn't get to speak for all of us. I would not be at such a protest but it would not scare me or make me feel threatened.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, I know Americans who find it threatening and frightening. Some are ill informed and/or projecting their own political bias, some have simple never been around guns and seeing any gun would be frightening to them. Callie doesn't get to speak for all of us. I would not be at such a protest but it would not scare me or make me feel threatened.

I don't go to any kind of protest but being at one like this wouldn't frighten me or make me feel threatened. I would be more worried waiting in line for a Ben Shapiro event in Oakland or San Francisco than I would be at this protest.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't go to any kind of protest but being at one like this wouldn't frighten me or make me feel threatened. I would be more worried waiting in line for a Ben Shapiro event in Oakland or San Francisco than I would be at this protest.

Who's Ben Shapiro?? :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can you admit that although a gun has become second nature to you, a tool, you are also keenly aware of the fact that guns frighten others?

is it possible these guys know this too and like it?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

But be honest, It wouldn't make you feel threatened because you would either be carrying or wearing a MAGA hat. I'm not being rude. I just know that IF you went, you would wear something to signify that you were "with" these people. That's why you would feel safe.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you admit that although a gun has become second nature to you, a tool, you are also keenly aware of the fact that guns frighten others?

is it possible these guys know this too and like it?

Of course I am, and I would expect they avoid such a protest.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
But be honest, It wouldn't make you feel threatened because you would either be carrying or wearing a MAGA hat. I'm not being rude. I just know that IF you went, you would wear something to signify that you were "with" these people. That's why you would feel safe.

Is this for real?? :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AlexT, I am not speaking for everyone. According to comments here I guess all people should feel safe and calm when a large group of angry men are shouting while holding assault rifles. Count me as the foolish person who would not feel comfortable in this situation. SMDH

There was another protest with angry men holding guns a few years ago that resulted in a young woman being run over and killed.

I’m done. Alex asked a question and I gave her my opinion.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't even own a MAGA hat and already said I wouldn't open carry at such an event. I don't attend protests. But I wouldn't feel unsafe at the linked event. So you don't "know" anything. What a weird thing to say.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results