shape
carat
color
clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish him good health and my heart goes out to you both. Yes. I think that those of us who personally know essentials don’t have the luxury of living in fear. I would go insane and live in paranoia and fortunately that is something that I do have control over.

Thank you. I wish the same for you and your family.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind I REALLY didn't want to enter this thread. And don't want to enter the gun fray or the religion debate... But, I'm a bit confused by this sentence of yours from earlier in the thread:

'Our rights under the constitution come from our creator, not governments.'

By creator are you referring the to the founding fathers who wrote the constitution as the foundation of our government? By constitution are you refering to the Bill of Rights?
Because to me, the rights afforded us by the constitution (and amendments) are most definitely rights that the government has enshrined (however imperfectly) as law. It is, simply, a legal document validated and upheld by the government. Is it not? I'm not trying to be snarky, I just want to know if you think the constitution is linked to your deity? Because although the pledge of allegiance references a god, the constitution does not. Thanks for clarifying!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@redwood66- agreed. Governor Whitmer went over the top.

"The governor’s order provides that residents cannot leave their homes except for essential services such as food or medical supplies, or engage in outdoor physical activity. It also bans travel to second homes and vacation properties."

Though I do not support people carrying firearms during protests.

And Whitmer has designated liquor stores, lottery sellers and pot dispensaries as essential services. Is she serious? You can’t purchase seeds to plant a garden, but boost,pot and lottery tickets are essential? She went too far.
@redwood66- agreed. Governor Whitmer went over the top.

"The governor’s order provides that residents cannot leave their homes except for essential services such as food or medical supplies, or engage in outdoor physical activity. It also bans travel to second homes and vacation properties."

Though I do not support people carrying firearms during protests.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me. I can read. I won't get lost. LOL!

I am still in business- I am working and serving customers. I am not staying home. I have become 'creative' during this time which is what most small business owners have done to stay afloat. I am an essential business- I have no idea how but I am. I give away product for free for those who can't pay. I deliver. I try to minimize my exposure outside of my home to keep my customers safe. I buy ONLY from small businesses right now if I can. I give away my eggs my chickens lay to people who need it. I spend one day a week traveling to get meat from another small business owners for us and my neighbors. I gave away all of my N95 masks that my husband used to tune skis to nurses (who knew?.) I am doing what it takes for OTHERS to survive- small business owners and immunocompromised or health care providers I know. No one I know uses grub hub- they are killing small businesses. Our local small restaurants are making food in large portions, delivering, and thriving because we all buy. Market basket near me is doing a hell of a job keeping their employees and customers safe.- limiting how many are allowed inside and taking other precautions.

THIS is why I don't identify with people marching on the capital carrying AR-15's to protect their 2nd ammendment rights- no one gives a shit about their guns right now. ALL small business owners I know right now are not marching around with guns. It's ridiculous.

Glad to hear you guys are working like a true community.
Please don’t mistake my empathy for identification. Maybe I am being overly naive in trying to justify their protest and not focusing on the guns. But this pandemic has taught me to be more empathetic because everyone is under a different kind of stress. I think that what struck me about your reply to me is that you consider your priorities superior to others. I know that you said they were different, but I infer you are implying superior. And that is the one thing I don’t care to do anymore. I’m tired of trying to be right, of everyone trying to be right. Of people telling others how to react to this virus. Stay home. Yeah, but the rest of you go to work so that I can eat. It’s all so confusing because it should be! So yeah. That’s where I’m coming from. Ever since the pandemic, it has become so apparent how privileged some PS posters are—not meaning you in particular. It’s also become a place where very few people can disagree about the virus bc the lone dissenter is attacked for bringing in a different perspective. Many have become the moral police from the comfort of their own homes without realizing that some people don’t have that luxury and must choose between a hard and a rock place.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you guys are working like a true community.
Please don’t mistake my empathy for identification. Maybe I am being overly naive in trying to justify their protest and not focusing on the guns. But this pandemic has taught me to be more empathetic because everyone is under a different kind of stress. I think that what struck me about your reply to me is that you consider your priorities superior to others. I know that you said they were different, but I infer you are implying superior. And that is the one thing I don’t care to do anymore. I’m tired of trying to be right, of everyone trying to be right. Of people telling others how to react to this virus. Stay home. Yeah, but the rest of you go to work so that I can eat. It’s all so confusing because it should be! So yeah. That’s where I’m coming from. Ever since the pandemic, it has become so apparent how privileged some PS posters are—not meaning you in particular. It’s also become a place where very few people can disagree about the virus bc the lone dissenter is attacked for bringing in a different perspective. Many have become the moral police from the comfort of their own homes without realizing that some people don’t have that luxury and must choose between a hard and a rock place.

I understand completely!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because they want to. Some people wear pink hats. I happen to agree with some of the things they are protesting, like government overreach. I don't protest but am glad that some will.

But you are not ok with other groups protesting as you have said multiple times. You can't pick and choose?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh so a group of protestors who don't have guns are more worrisome than a bunch of people with guns?

I got a bridge for you.

I don't go to any kind of protest but being at one like this wouldn't frighten me or make me feel threatened. I would be more worried waiting in line for a Ben Shapiro event in Oakland or San Francisco than I would be at this protest.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But you are not ok with other groups protesting as you have said multiple times. You can't pick and choose?

I've never said other groups can't protest. Where did you get that? It's a fundamental part of our society.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Explain that 'ill informed' remark. Ill informed about what? deaths by guns? easy to find out, as you are a well informed Google user you know how easy it is.

Callie speaks for a lot of us.

Again, I know Americans who find it threatening and frightening. Some are ill informed and/or projecting their own political bias, some have simple never been around guns and seeing any gun would be frightening to them. Callie doesn't get to speak for all of us. I would not be at such a protest but it would not scare me or make me feel threatened.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh so a group of protestors who don't have guns are more worrisome than a bunch of people with guns?

I got a bridge for you.

Groups of protesters that have actually beat people are worrisome to me. People carrying firearms are not.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never said other groups can't protest. Where did you get that? It's a fundamental part of our society.

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 7.51.18 PM.png

They were protesting kids being locked in cages.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Explain that 'ill informed' remark. Ill informed about what? deaths by guns? easy to find out, as you are a well informed Google user you know how easy it is.

Callie speaks for a lot of us.

Please provide a link to a protest where protesters were armed and someone was shot. I will wait here.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your def of a legal protest? a protest that you have to get a permit for?

I think if you look at the stats you will find that gun deaths at legal protests are a very low number in Michigan (is it more than zero even?) as compared to other gun deaths in the state. It's a visible show, an uncomfortable one for many people but probably a safer place to be than some other areas of the state.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 7.51.18 PM.png

They were protesting kids being locked in cages.

It doesn't say anywhere there that they can't protest. So you are fine with releasing personal information of ICE employees?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you carry a firearm? would you carry one if you went to a protest like this one? Guns to many are power

I don't go to any kind of protest but being at one like this wouldn't frighten me or make me feel threatened. I would be more worried waiting in line for a Ben Shapiro event in Oakland or San Francisco than I would be at this protest.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which allows them to be intimidating, sadly. I wish they would all move to North Dakota or somewhere and live happily in their gun totin happy as pigs in a poke.

They do it because they can. They are actively exercising their right to carry. Making a point. There’s no threat implied even though it’s scary looking.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you carry a firearm? would you carry one if you went to a protest like this one? Guns to many are power

Already answered in this thread.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you answered you wouldn't go to a protest but you didn't say IF you went to one would you carry a gun. Concealed or open.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close areas of the store—by cordoning them off, placing signs in aisles, posting prominent signs, removing goods from shelves, or other appropriate means—that are dedicated to the following classes of goods:

Carpet or flooring.

Furniture.

Garden centers and plant nurseries.

Paint.

By April 13, 2020, refrain from the advertising or promotion of goods that are not groceries, medical supplies, or items that are necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and basic operation of residences.

see the way we have been sold it here is we know DIY causes lots of accidents around the home and with health services overwhelmed overseas who wants to put more pressure on the health system ? So DIY is frowned on and hardwear stores may only sell to trade customers doing work for essential services only

the other night we had a tree come down in a storm that went through the fence and crashed into next door
they have little kids so it was unsafe to not go over there - while maintaining our bubble - and clean it up
the last branch Gary cut shifted and sent a piece of twing into his shin with blood every where
we had to go to the ER where he got 13 stitches, we had to go back because the doc forgot to sign the perscription for antibiotics, we had to go back for a dressing change and we have to go back to get stitches out
(i stayed in the car BTW) that's 4 trips to A&E

lucky our hospital is really quiet right now, but that is not the case in a lot of over seas places

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which allows them to be intimidating, sadly. I wish they would all move to North Dakota or somewhere and live happily in their gun totin happy as pigs in a poke.
If wishes were horses.

you answered you wouldn't go to a protest but you didn't say IF you went to one would you carry a gun. Concealed or open.

None of your business. Like anything else regarding my firearms.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it takes a special kind of person to tie up their whole identity into firearm culture. That is all of these people right here. This protest is the stuff their fantasies are made of. That’s why they are risking contracting this virus to show up in full gear. They’re all empty fools.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it takes a special kind of person to tie up their whole identity into firearm culture. That is all of these people right here. This protest is the stuff their fantasies are made of. That’s why they are risking getting this virus to show up in full gear. They’re all empty fools.

I feel the same way about people and politics. :lol-2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results