shape
carat
color
clarity

The Trump Policy of Separating Families at the US Border

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Simple solution, don't bring your childs into U.S. illegally. If it was this easy my grandpa could have saved a lot of money for sponsoring us here into the U.S. legally.

THEY ARE SEPARATING FAMILIES THAT DID COME LEGALLY, JUST LIKE YOUR GRANDPA. Families are being separated after coming to ports of entry and presenting themselves for asylum — which means they were following US law. https://www.aclu.org/cases/ms-l-v-ice

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual, Trump is a liar and bully. He tried using children to get his moron wall, failed, realized he was getting backlash, tried lying to see if he could blame Dems, got called out, and now can "magically" fix it. Screw him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for these. I found the National Geographic one interesting about how other countries handle immigration. Australia is pretty black and white on what happens to people in the country unlawfully. I knew of the Japan policies as my sons found it to be quite intolerant of anyone not Japanese.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
As usual, Trump is a liar and bully. He tried using children to get his moron wall, failed, realized he was getting backlash, tried lying to see if he could blame Dems, got called out, and now can "magically" fix it. Screw him.

Yup, just about summarizes it except omitting that he caused long lasting trauma and anguish to thousands of families and their kids.

Morally corrupt president.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what irritates me to no end.

Chuck Schumer in 2009. And no one will make E-verify required.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wtf just read this

“The administration has decided not to try to reunite children and parents who were separated at the border under the zero-tolerance policy, Kenneth Wolfe, a spokesman for the Health and Human Services Department, confirmed.”

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded the excel spreadsheet listing employers who use E-verify. There are 546,908 employers on the list, the majority of whom employ under 100 people. I'm curious why more employers don't use it other than the fact that some depend on undocumented cheap labor.
https://www.e-verify.gov/about-e-verify/e-verify-data/participating-employers
This is the very reason and why I get angry at the Repubs because they balk at making it a requirement. Immigration is a federal issue and they shouldn't use the excuse of state's rights for not requiring it. But they do. Though dems hear howling from their constituent business owners as well.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wtf just read this

“The administration has decided not to try to reunite children and parents who were separated at the border under the zero-tolerance policy, Kenneth Wolfe, a spokesman for the Health and Human Services Department, confirmed.”
Wow! I wonder what they are hiding? I’m just not at all surprised Though. We still don’t know where the girls are...this whole thing smells rotten. I hope it’s not.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pence looks like he's thinking this reversal will seal a deal for him when he runs in 2020. Nielsen looks like she's gonna barf.

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 8.07.48 PM.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Yup but it’s like Trump and his supporters don’t care.

We are talking about over 2,000 kids who are/may be potentially abused (drugs or if they are unlucky enough to meet other types of abuses...), and may never be reunited with their parents.

Then again, those who care will, and those who don’t give a s*** will just ignore or say it’s fake news or whatever or blame the Democrats or politics or whatever.

It’s hard for me to understand because I’m not an American but if someone can explain how Trump and his supporters can accept such actions, and believe that they are doing the right thing pls do explain. I can’t understand the logic and it bugs me. Because I feel so strongly that it’s wrong and can’t understand why there are people (except psychopaths) who are fine with it. Can’t be like everyone who supports Trump is a psychopath right?

Note that I’m usually politically apathetic as my country has been under the same ruling party for decades but this has really gotten under my skin. Maybe I’m just more emo after becoming a parent.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been listening to the news this evening. It sounds like Trump may be able to detain these families for two years. Their is no plan in place how they are going to reunite these families. There is no promise these families will be reunited. This nightmare will not be over until we get Trump out of office.

I’m sick and tired of watching republicans trying to defend the indefensible.

I’m worried that we are going to be seeing many more family detention centers.

The NY mayor just said they have sent 200+ children as young as 8 months to the state of NY.
This mess is far from being over.

@icy_jade. I’m an American and I am also outraged. Trump is considered a psychopath by more than half of this country. We see him for exactly who he is. As you can see by reading this thread, many Americans are disgusted by what has been happening to these families and to our country.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if someone can explain how Trump and his supporters can accept such actions, and believe that they are doing the right thing pls do explain.
There was a lot of speculation from political pundits about the reasons he got elected -- middle of the country felt neglected and marginalized and resented the coastal elites for supposedly controlling elections for ever and ever as well as the alleged loss of jobs and income. The core reason he got elected is that the US is becoming more brown and less christian and that is frightening to white right-wing christians. This article speaks to that https://www.theatlantic.com/science...y-not-poverty-motivates-trump-support/558674/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what irritates me to no end.

Chuck Schumer in 2009. And no one will make E-verify required.

I forgot who was POTUS in 2009?...:confused::read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK, Matata, I'll raise you one. I heard about this on Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC tonight. (At least iI think it was on her show; it was on MSNBC.) The Trump administration cut a program that has been providing free attorneys for migrant children right before the "Zero Tolerance" initiative was launched. If they had had attorneys, they would have had rights.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...l-aid-for-migrant-kids-separated-from-parents

On the other hand, MSNBC pointed out that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If Trump could pull away resources, because money is power, money can also help.

This family has raised over 12 million dollars in five days that can now be used for the bail of migrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...fundraiser-went-viral/?utm_term=.1f52c23a6ada

Then we just have to find all the children who have already been separated.

Is giving to that what we do next?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF sure looks as though that's a candidate for donations. I'm going to have to unretire at this rate.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read your post above Deb. Can these f#$&ers get any more despicable??? I would apologize for the bad language, but I’m not sorry.
This administration and their supporters deserve every awful word that is said about them.

Lol Matata. My husband is supposed to retire soon. They asked him this week if he would consider staying on a few more months. I told him I was donating the money to helping these families.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sick and tired of watching republicans trying to defend the indefensible.
You have no problem with Dems. defending the lawbreakers?
Idunno1.gif

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
All 62,984,828 are psychopaths.

It can’t be and you know that.

Theories:
A. Is it because of racism/nationality so they think that people from the south/non-Americans don’t deserve the same rights as them? Eg if the same thing happened to a (white) American the same people will be outraged.
B. Means to the end sort of justification. Ie some degree of abuse is fine so long as the tide of illegal migrants is stopped.

And... you know I just don’t understand so no further theories.

Like I said, it just bugs me that some everyday Americans are fine with it. Your neighbors, friends, colleagues, people who look normal and will smile and wave at you etc but think that whatever Trump is doing is perfectly ok.

Actually, kinda scary when I think about it. :???:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results