shape
carat
color
clarity

What's with all the firearms here?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AlexT, I am not speaking for everyone. According to comments here I guess all people should feel safe and calm when a large group of angry men are shouting while holding assault rifles. Count me as the foolish person who would not feel comfortable in this situation. SMDH

There was another protest with angry men holding guns a few years ago that resulted in a young woman being run over and killed.

I’m done. Alex asked a question and I gave her my opinion.

Then don't go. It is just that simple.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see it as a problem because the ones doing it are not the type to smash, trash, assault, or burn things up. They aren't Antifa. ;))

I don't think they are doing it to be physically threatening at all.

All kinds of assumptions going on here.

BTW I always try to be honest so back that truck up with your nonsense. I have no desire to debate something with you that you know nothing about. Maybe it's threatening to you but that is how you perceive it.

Yeah, I find what you say to be "weird" as well. How are you the authority to speak on the motives of all of these people?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T nothing requires protestors to be armed. There’s a very vocal minority of gun nuts who have bought all the NRA propaganda about evil lefties coming to take their weapons, and a distrust of the government despite the fact that the police have consistently treated armed, white protestors rather leniently.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I find what you say to be "weird" as well. How are you the authority to speak on the motives of all of these people?

Because I know plenty of people like them. How are you the authority on their motives?

Since they are with a group of like minded individuals, who exactly are they threatening?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I know plenty of people like them. How are you the authority on their motives?

I know plenty of people like you as well. And I know they'd show up wearing something to signify that they were there supporting their 2A rights. See how that works?? Don't come down on others making assumptions when YOU are doing that same exact thing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know plenty of people like you as well. And I know they'd show up wearing something to signify that they were there supporting their 2A rights. See how that works?? Don't come down on others making assumptions when YOU are doing that same exact thing.

Why are you so worried about what people do at a protest you have nothing to do with and wouldn't attend?

What does "people like you" mean?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T nothing requires protestors to be armed. There’s a very vocal minority of gun nuts who have bought all the NRA propaganda about evil lefties coming to take their weapons, and a distrust of the government despite the fact that the police have consistently treated armed, white protestors rather leniently.

Thanks :wavey: I fear my innocent question has provoked some big emotions & I feel bad now about asking. But for me, personally, nope. Nope. Do not need to carry those kind of weapons to an innocent & peaceful protest about lifting restrictions.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what? Yeah it is worth it- THIS pic is what is wrong. Marching on the State capital demanding an end to "the lockdown" during a freaking health pandemic. MORONS.

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 5.50.24 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks :wavey: I fear my innocent question has provoked some big emotions & I feel bad now about asking. But for me, personally, nope. Nope. Do not need to carry those kind of weapons to an innocent & peaceful protest about lifting restrictions.

There is nothing wrong with you asking this kind of question at all so don't feel bad. Some people cannot discuss firearms without emotions.

I understand your concern since you do not live in the US.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks :wavey: I fear my innocent question has provoked some big emotions & I feel bad now about asking. But for me, personally, nope. Nope. Do not need to carry those kind if weapons to an innocent & peaceful protest about lifting restrictions.

Don’t feel bad. It’s a legitimate question and I’m afraid that the aforementioned vocal minority and the NRA have far more influence on our lawmakers than they should.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what? Yeah it is worth it- THIS pic is what is wrong. Marching on the State capital demanding an end to "the lockdown" during a freaking health pandemic. MORONS.

But who are they threatening? Public healthy and safety ? The elderly? Children? The hospital system’s ability to serve the sick? Nooo...once you own a gun, it gives you rights over all other human beings

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is nothing wrong with you asking this kind of question at all so don't feel bad. Some people cannot discuss firearms without emotions.

I understand your concern since you do not live in the US.

You are right, Red. I apologize. I just am so pissed off about the President prematurely trying to open the country to benefit himself without taking the well-being of others into consideration.. And these people take everything he says as gospel.

Emotions are certainly high right now. Mine too.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock

Your question is a good one. But to add another facet... to many this is not just about lifting some restrictions....the restrictions infringe on the right to visit a neighbor, to go fishing in your boat even if alone, to buy seeds and plant a garden in one's own backyard. These are not things that people feel they should be forced to give up... even in a pandemic. They are afraid these rights -to travel, to engage in commerce/activity that threatens the health of no one, will be a step in the direction to infringe upon other rights. Our rights under the constitution come from our creator, not governments. People get real itchy if the government starts to mess with them.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock

And not one MAGA hat. I guess they didn't get the uniform memo.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And not one MAGA hat. I guess they didn't get the uniform memo.

Hmmm.....I would think the Trump/Pence sign would be sufficient but ok? :lol: #strawman

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your question is a good one. But to add another facet... to many this is not just about lifting some restrictions....the restrictions infringe on the right to visit a neighbor, to go fishing in your boat even if alone, to buy seeds and plant a garden in one's own backyard. These are not things that people feel they should be forced to give up... even in a pandemic. They are afraid these rights -to travel, to engage in commerce/activity that threatens the health of no one, will be a step in the direction to infringe upon other rights. Our rights under the constitution come from our creator, not governments. People get real itchy if the government starts to mess with them.

Ridiculous. NO one has said they cannot do these things. Wow.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right, Red. I apologize. I just am so pissed off about the President prematurely trying to open the country to benefit himself without taking the well-being of others into consideration.. And these people take everything he says as gospel.

Emotions are certainly high right now. Mine too.

Thank you for this. It is appreciated. Please don't make assumptions about me.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've planted a garden, delivered food to neighbors, and my parents are fishing in their boat. We are all fine. And they voted for Trump and my dad is an NRA member. He would laugh at these people.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is referencing Michigan restricting items stores can sell which includes seeds, paint, etc. IMO that is an overreach of government.

@redwood66- agreed. Governor Whitmer went over the top.

"The governor’s order provides that residents cannot leave their homes except for essential services such as food or medical supplies, or engage in outdoor physical activity. It also bans travel to second homes and vacation properties."

Though I do not support people carrying firearms during protests.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is referencing Michigan restricting items stores can sell which includes seeds, paint, etc. IMO that is an overreach of government.

You're not allowed to buy seeds or paint? Wow! Things are pretty strict here right now in the UK, but we can plant things & paint things. That sounds fairly tight & uber-controlled. Definitely only allowed out for essential shopping & essential work, plus exercise once a day, but we can order seeds online (garden centres are closed) & DIY stores are open. What if your tap washer blew? You'd need to be able to source washers.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't believe that. I've been able to buy plants, not even seeds- started lettuce plants, kale, peas, etc and home depot and lowe's are open as essential businesses.

This is a knee-jerk reaction to Trumps stupid tweets. I knew I smelled a rat...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not allowed to buy seeds or paint? Wow! Things are pretty strict here right now in the UK, but we can plant things & paint things. That sounds fairly tight & uber-controlled.

It's that kind of overreach which people are protesting.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe that. I've been able to buy plants, not even seeds- started lettuce plants, kale, peas, etc and home depot and lowe's are open as essential businesses.

This is a knee-jerk reaction to Trumps stupid tweets. I knew I smelled a rat...

The stores are required to block off sections so people cannot purchase certain items. This is government overreach.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results