shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the best surrounding metal for men's wedding ring with wood inlay

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
My fiancé is ready to get this wedding ring and he's interested in the rings with wood or bone inlays. There are a lot of options at varying price points so I'm curious where's the best bang for your buck. He found one he likes on Etsy that's $180 for a black ceramic ring and whiskey barrel inlay, and another on Manlybands that's $1500 for black zirconium and dinosaur bone inlay.

Screenshot_20200211-161554.png Screenshot_20200211-161605.png

I'm not even sure what to be considering here. I know none will be resizable with a wood or bone inlay but that should be fine. Durability? Weight? Ability to swim with it on? I'd love to be closer you the $180 than $1500.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just remember its going to be near on impossible to resize in the future

Its a very smart looking ring

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not familiar with zirconium.

Does he want a 'weighty' ring? Or a lightweight ring?

Titanium is very definitely the latter, and you can get blackened gold (I'm not sure of the process TBH) if he wanted a ring with some heft.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
He changed his mind after realizing it would be kind of high maintenance to have any wood in his ring (shouldn't even wash your hands with it on if you're doing that multiple times a day) and definitely not resizable. He will be getting a regular rose gold ring, looked the best on his hand and matches mine, and probably a rose gold plated tungsten carbide that he can use to open beer bottles without worrying about ruining his nice one

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He changed his mind after realizing it would be kind of high maintenance to have any wood in his ring (shouldn't even wash your hands with it on if you're doing that multiple times a day) and definitely not resizable. He will be getting a regular rose gold ring, looked the best on his hand and matches mine, and probably a rose gold plated tungsten carbide that he can use to open beer bottles without worrying about ruining his nice one

personally i wouldn't do plated for something he would wear often, it's also high maintenance (can't get wet, can't get lotion on it, can't sweat on it if you want the plating to last) but maybe doesn't matter if it is easily replaced.

there are also ton of rings sub $200 that have tungsten plus rose gold inlay etc. there are some with meteorite also but a bit more expensive and not sure about the maintenance requirements.

his turn to shop, how fun =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results