shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s on your pearl wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oohhh Lots...
9.gif

I''ve recently picked a couple things off my wishlist. Will post pics in a bit!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm............... I could so easily get carried away here.

I don''t have any serious pearls yet, just a couple of pieces I made made from the "pick a pearl" stand.
2.gif
Eventually I''d LOVE to have:

An 18" pendant and drop earrings set to layer with my half carat diamond pendant and the small diamond studs I''m wanting for my second holes. I''m picturing my 16" box chain with the diamond worn with an 18" box chain with a white pearl, then some white pearl drops in my first holes and the diamond studs in the second. I guess I''m a layery kind of person.

The white freshadama set in 7-8mm from PP, but earrings with shepherd hooks instead of studs.

Freshadama bracelets in various colors and/or sizes.

An 18" graduated strand.

Various pendants, including white and golden south seas and tahitians.

I could come up with more, but I''m already way further than I''ll probably ever get!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot. I definitely want a ring to go with that pendant/drop earrings set. A diamond on my left hand and a pearl on my right!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
BEG are you moved in? Did you unpack your camera yet?
35.gif

Anyways, Phoenix reminded me of a look that I loved from Lipstick Jungle. (Although these are HUGE so they might be fakeys.) So Phoenix''s pair wins because hers are real, plus she has those outstanding studs to wear them with! But adding this to my fantasy list:
18.gif

LJ.jpg

solina

Rough_Rock
if you have south sea pearl earrings in list, why don''t purchase a 16" or 18" single strand of AAA grade Akoya pearl necklace instead of all the freshwater pearl necklaces?
Akoya pearl is classic looking.
freshwater pearls are cheap!!!

suna

Rough_Rock
just pick up the right kind of pearls.
1. 7-8mm 16" AAA Akoya pearl necklace single strand.
2. the same size and quality of Akoya pearl earrings(studs or dangling)
3. the same size and quality of Akoya pearl ring (accent with diamonds)
4. 10mm South sea pearl earrings.
5. 10mm south sea pearl pendant.

this list will be better than pick up so call freshadama pearl necklaces.

john2009

Rough_Rock
freshwater pearl is ok.
the round freshwater pearl is as beautiful as akoya pearl and the price is much cheaper.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I keep reading that the best quality freshwater pearls can be just as beautiful as top akoyas. And I shopped around a LOT looking at akoya neckaces and earrings in stores. When I ordered the freshadama studs for my mom and grandma for mother''s day, they were just as beautiful, if not more, than the mikimoto ones I''d seen. Yes they are less expensive because they are less rare. But they''re just as pretty if they''re top quality, and the nacre is thicker because they don''t have a bead center.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I just noticed that solina, suna, and suana (I think) all joined within the last week. They have only posted in the pearls section, mostly to badmouth freshwater pearls, particularly freshadama and similar lines. Seems like a troll to me.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 10:54:44 AM
Author: Honey228
I just noticed that solina, suna, and suana (I think) all joined within the last week. They have only posted in the pearls section, mostly to badmouth freshwater pearls, particularly freshadama and similar lines. Seems like a troll to me.
I noticed that too. I was trying to think of a polite way to bring it up. They all have the same writing style and same opinions. Also, they seem to post in the same time frames.

Streeter1

Rough_Rock
Clearly the same bloke. Their first post was a spammy one for some website called thelin.com. But it was yanked by the Mods. That is certainly not the best way to build brand credibilty if you ask me.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Can the mods see the IP address of the poster? ... I''ve seen too many crime dramas.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
3.gif
l
Date: 6/1/2009 8:53:47 AM
35.gif

Anyways, Phoenix reminded me of a look that I loved from Lipstick Jungle. (Although these are HUGE so they might be fakeys.) So Phoenix''s pair wins because hers are real, plus she has those outstanding studs to wear them with! But adding this to my fantasy list:
18.gif
Awwww!! you are too sweet! I hadn''t actually seen Lindsay Price (sp?) wearing these in the series, but they''re pretty awesome arent''-- they, real or not!!

I know I''ve said in the other thread, but am really LOVING wearing these pearl studs with my earrings. What a GREAT combination!! As mentioned before in one or two of my other threads, I already had 1ct each dianond studs paired up with smaller Tahitian studs drops (which if I remember correctly are about 11-12mm or mabe 9-11m in diameter), and boy did I like the look when I first put them on!
3.gif
1.gif
Well, I was hooked, as in "hook, line and sinker"!! After that, I just KNEW I HAD to have the larger white SS to pair up with these bad boyss (well, good boys actually -depending on which way you look at it,LOL" and the result was mind-blowiing!! AMAZING!!! It''s a look that I''d call big beautiful but at the same time very quite and undestatedly elegant!! Kind of remind me lot of Jacky Kennydy/ Jackie O.

Yay to these gorgeus stone..

YAY LINSAY PRIFE. I don''t lknow the exact story, but it sems she turns out fine. She in increidibly BEAUTIFUL TOO.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix, you have Tahitian drops too! How did I miss them? ::stamps foot:: They do NOT sound small, but the SS are just sooo elegant. I would wear them ALL of the time - dress up, dress down with tee shirt and jeans. Plus, it''d give me a good excuse to build a gemstone stud collection (like I need one) and play. Haha too much daydreaming! I''m so glad that you''re enjoying them and thank you for letting me swoon over them.

18.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Such an interesting time to have a pearl wishlist! Pearls on the market now that are incredible bargains and also still of course pearls that are incredibly expensive. Almost certainly I''m going to buy some of these Freshdama pearls as gifts this year. But if I could have 1 wish (I think they call it wish for a reason
3.gif
) it would be one strand of white South Sea pearls.
22.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 1:02:33 PM
Author: Phoenix
1.gif
3.gif
l

Date: 6/1/2009 8:53:47 AM
35.gif

18.gif
Awwww!! you are too sweet! I hadn''t actually seen Lindsay Price (sp?) wearing these in the series, but they''re pretty awesome arent''-- they, real or not!!

I know I''ve said in the other thread, but am really LOVING wearing these pearl studs with my earrings. What a GREAT combination!! As mentioned before in one or two of my other threads, I already had 1ct each dianond studs paired up with smaller Tahitian studs drops (which if I remember correctly are about 11-12mm or mabe 9-11m in diameter), and boy did I like the look when I first put them on!
3.gif
1.gif
Well, I was hooked, as in ''hook, line and sinker''!! After that, I just KNEW I HAD to have the larger white SS to pair up with these bad boyss (well, good boys actually -depending on which way you look at it,LOL'' and the result was mind-blowiing!! AMAZING!!! It''s a look that I''d call big beautiful but at the same time very quite and undestatedly elegant!! Kind of remind me lot of Jacky Kennydy/ Jackie O.

Yay to these gorgeus stone..

YAY LINSAY PRIFE. I don''t lknow the exact story, but it sems she turns out fine. She in increidibly BEAUTIFUL TOO.
Phoenix, I love the look of your stunning diamond studs and pearls. I have some diamond studs, 1.33ct each. What size pearls should I use if I wanted to do something close to what you did? I think I want to use white round pearls, but might also consider Tahitians too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have a pistachio pearl ring surronded by canary yellow diamonds.
3.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 10:42:45 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I would love to have a pistachio pearl ring surronded by canary yellow diamonds.
3.gif
T L, that would be way cool !!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe trolls invaded this thread. Arrrgh. Especially trolls who apparently don''t know how to write properly.
29.gif

Anyway, on a more positive note, I finally took some pictures of my new studs and necklace.

To update, I got a 35" opera length AAA freshwater strand from Pearl Paradise - 6-7 mm with silver overtones. I also got 7-7.5 mm pink Freshadama studs. Also in the pictures are my 8.5-9 mm white Freshadama studs that I got a few weeks ago. I have to say, I LOVE my opera length strand - it''s so versatile, and I''ve gotten a lot of compliments on it at work (I love it because it''s a touch of formal, since I loop it into a double strand, without being very formal). I also love my pink studs, although I am regretting that I didn''t get them a bit bigger - I think I eventually want to get some 8.5-9 mm pink studs
2.gif

So here are a bunch of pics!

This was taken with flash.

BEGPearls33.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
No flash.

BEGPearls35.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The pink studs.

BEGPearls36.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The AAA freshwaters and the white Freshadamas. I usually don''t notice this but in the pic, the strand looks much warmer in tone. I think that''s the result of the lighting because it really looks very white in real life, although I do think my studs have more of a pure silver overtone to them than the strand does.

BEGPearls38.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot - my chin and neck do not look well in this pic unfortunately
3.gif

BEGPearls40.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
New list:

Short term:

1) Long (opera length) pink Freshwater strand. Maybe a touch bigger than the 6-7 mm I have now.
2) Pink Freshadama studs - 8.5-9 mm.
3) White 16" Freshadama strand - 8-9 mm.
4) White tin cup necklace
5) White Freshadama drop earrings 8.5-9 mm

Long term (aka when I have more money!):

1) White South Sea pearl drop earrings - 9-10 mm
2) Golden South Sea drop earrings - 9-10 mm
3) Golden South Sea pendant

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/7/2009 2:37:08 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 6/7/2009 10:42:45 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
3.gif
T L, that would be way cool !!
I would love it with this 15.4 mm pistachio pearl.
3.gif
I have been coveting this one pearl for years.

americanpearl_2052_179491905.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
YOWZA! That pistachio pearl is really something!!

BEG-- I love your new pearls! The double strand look is so pretty!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
BEG, I love your new stuff! I just received my white Freshadama studs a couple of days ago and am in awe
30.gif
But now I have a bad craving for more pearls! Maybe the lavender or pink studs to start with....
A strand or two would be nice too
9.gif

Does anyone have the lavender Freshadamas?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
wow, that pistachio pearl is drop dead gorgeous. Have you ordered from Americal Pearl before? are their colors true to life?

SDL- I love akoyas and how sweet of your hubby to get you so many pieces. Lucky
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results