shape
carat
color
clarity

What's on your Bling Bucket List

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never been one for bucket lists of any kind. Regarding jewelry as of now I have nothing on my must have list. However, if I fall in love with a piece and I can afford it then I will buy it. I am a fall in love sort of girl vs making lists about what I need/want for jewelry. And I seriously have more than enough jewelry than I should because I have so many pieces that I don't get to enjoy/wear though I still love them. I don't go to work blinged out and we don't have that many occasions where I am going to get all jeweled up and I don't like wearing anything on my hands/wrists/ears/neck when I am just hanging out at home with my dh and the kitties. Blasphemy on PS I know. :cheeky: But I still love and want to keep all my bling! :love: Of that I am certain.

Though a Riviera necklace would be a lovely addition to my collection... :naughty: :bigsmile:

Well, over 6 years later and I have bought more bling than I intended to lol. That includes changing Bea for Bubbalah (biggest change) and adding a number of more pairs of antique diamond and gemstone earrings. Who needs a bucket list when one listens to one's heart. And my heart likes to talk. :lol:

Still no Riviera necklace however....

If anyone comes across an antique diamond choker that doesn't break the bank please keep me in mind if you aren't interested in said necklace. Not that I have any budget left for bling. But a girl can dream, right?:halo:

Seeing as this thread is a couple of years old, does anybody care to update it with items (& pictures!) of things they've ticked off their bucket list?

OK here are a few of my pieces added after this post.

I first met Bubbalah October 2016 at the JAWS

bubbalahfirstmeeting2016.png

Didn't make her mine at that time. Long story but it was meant to be because summer 2018 she became mine!

bubbalahandsea.jpg.png

and so many earrings I cannot even remember. Starting from current and moving to past. Here are a few pairs I added since the original post.

OMC clusters
omcclusterswhiledriving.png

Closeup

omcearringscloseup.png

and another pair of OMC dangles I added since this thread

omcdropsonear.png

Close up

closeupomcearrings.png

There have been a few bands in there too and more pairs of earrings but for now leaving it right here.

Looking forward to seeing the other additions PSers have made since posting in this thread.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I ever posted in this! I don't have a normal bucket list but I do have a Bling bucket list and luckily I have pretty much none of it lol except my original engagement ring. So much to look forward to still!

My dream is still to have a band of french cut black diamonds in carved wheat pattern platinum. I will probably have to have these specially cut. And I would like to to have a solitaire gemstone engagement type ring with carving in platinum.

I would also love to get a similarly carved platinum bangle and a pendant and earring set that have the same carved wheat patterning. I want them all in platinum both for durability and allergies. I have a dream of being able to give all of these either to my daughter or granddaughter as a set someday.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, not a lot now...a 5-motif VCA turquoise bracelet and a pair of VCA TQ earrings....maybe a VCA long Magic pave pendant.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting after setting.....

A VC setting for a new rb I've just bought (yellow gold)

An eternity DK is currently making for me (yellow gold)

A new set of studs in the 1.5ctw range

Yellow gold diamond necklace to use up the smaller stones I've been hoarding/collecting for this project for years

1.8ct - 2ct rb to set with my pair of pears (platinum)

A 3 stone setting DK is currently doing for me with east/west EC in the center and pears on the sides (yellow gold)

SS pearl and diamond pendant on DBTY chain (white gold - currently making progress)

A 4ct+ cushion cut ruby, best quality (never gonna happen) with cushion cut diamond sides (got these - all dressed up and nowhere to go!)

Five of these projects are making progress. The 2ct rb, the diamond studs, and the 4ct ruby are just sitting, looking at me, laughing.

Wow. Just - wow. I've got NONE of these! But I'd like to think I got some things that were a lot nicer. :))

Here's what happened with the 8 projects listed above:

1) Upgraded the rb I bought for this project and ultimately sold it to fund a different, larger project.
2) Broke down the eternity and made my gorgeous platinum diamond pin.
3) Blew waaaaay past this, and now have a pair of cluster studs - approx 4.6ctw
4) Did it. Dismantled it. Discovered I don't like pave necklaces. Am making 2 more diamond bangles, one of them with this melee.
5) Bought a 2.5ct center and had the seting made - sold it. Now have my 4.3ctw ACA 3 stone which I DEFINITELY prefer.
6) Sold this. Was lovely, but too small.
7) Something similar to this - with a blue pearl - is currently being made. Very different design, but will scratch the same itch.
8 ) Yes - I was dead right. That was NEVER going to happen!

On the other hand, I did my gorgeous cluster pendant, a number of new rings - opal, rubellite, grey spinel, golden sapphire - all in settings I love. Got the 3 stone to end all three stones (in my opinion). Getting my dream EC soli. 2 new diamond and platinum bangles to go with the one I already have. Golden SS pearl and diamond drops. My 3 pairs of matching 1.75" hoops. My diamond pin. My holly pin. New 12mm SS pearl studs. Gold bangles. Silver bangles. Loooong yellow gold diamond drops. The Bane Of My Life charm bracelet with custom charms.

The main thing is - I like what I have. In fact, I prefer what I have. So much of this has been working out what I *really* wanted...and also what I *thought* I wanted - but didn't. And most of all, working out when enough is enough.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy, I have to say, those OMC clusters are simply gorgeous, & the nicest I think I've seen in some time. They look perfect on you. Truly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results