diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1372988552|3477453 said:
Oh, fun question!

1. setting for my AVR (maybe Van C)

2. french cut band (Victor)

3. AVC (in Singlestone halo)

4. reset for family .80 diamond (maybe in BK pendant?)

There are plenty of other things I might want...AVR earrings, designer long chain necklaces, WhiteFlash diamond bracelet and earring jackets, other antique style stacking bands, maybe a Temple St. Claire rock crystal necklace and earrings, Cartier watch, big emerald cut diamond ring if I win the lottery or something.....the list could be endless. But I'd be happy with the first items up there and the rest is icing on the cake! :bigsmile:

Hahaha! I was very curious as to what I would have written two years ago! I have NONE of the top 4 above! I guess I have managed a couple from my extra list at the end!

Since that post 2 years ago, I added these to my collection: Cartier Tank Francaise watch, set a deep blue oval aquamarine stone in my last Beaudry platinum setting, a Whiteflash 36" DBTY platinum necklace and matching bracelet, CVB sapphire and diamond platinum band, and I upgraded my Whiteflash diamond studs from 1.6 ctw to 2.3 ctw, bought a light violet EC sapphire and hope to set that soon. I also bought a 1.6 ct ideal cut rb and haven't decided what to do with it.

Still interested in either an AVC/antique cushion or an emerald cut diamond and would love a setting made by Victor and Caysie. But really, I am like Missy in that I really have enough jewelry. I wear my studs, wedding set, watch, and a tiny diamond cross pendant 95% of the time and only add the DBTY, right hand ring, etc, if I am going somewhere special. I want to have special pieces to hand down to my girls and little granddaughters, so at this point I keep them in mind as I buy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine has evolved slightly over time. There are, however, some items I've wanted for the last few years and I still want them; they are:

- a huge step cut (but I've gone up in size, haha. Now, I'd like ideally 8-15ct), warmer colour is ok.
- another mid-range watch (Panerai or Cartier or Franck Muller)
- Cartier Love bangle or bangles (wt 4 or all diamonds)
- new, permanent setting for Holly
- upgrade current IDJ bracelet to larger tennis bracelet (40pts)

That's all folks.

Well, I wouldn't turn down a tennis/ line necklace !!:)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My current list:

2.5-3 ct OEC either J or K in color

Setting for the OEC by either EW or SB

Convert my OEC 3 stone into a 5 stone

2-3 more JbG bangles (love them!)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1. I want a 2+ ct OEC. It must have med to strong flour. It will be I - K colored and VS1 to VS2. It will be set in platinum. Right now I'm trying to tame my love for fishtail prongs. I'm not sure they will belong on my bucket list ring. Also on my right-now love list are pear side stones. I don't know how long that love affair will last either.

2. I want to upgrade my studs. I never realized that DSS affects all diamonds, but it does. You have been warned. I tried on all sizes when I decided that 1cttw was perfect for my ears. Now I want to go up to 1 ct each.

3. Also, I want a beautiful blue cushion sapphire. This might be where my love of pears goes.

4. I want a red spinel or ruby. It doesn't have to be big, but it needs to glow and stop traffic.

5. Antique dome ring. Preferably with diamonds and sapphires.

5. Antique 5 stone ring.

6. Modern wedding set. A 1 ct to 1.25 ct AGS 0, D, VS2 MRB set in a solitaire with side stones. Matching blingy diamond band.

7. New setting for my CC garnet. I screwed up when I set it the first time and I never wear it. I took it in for an appraisal that led to it going to the lab for a new cert. When it comes back the appraiser said he would show me some settings. He had a beautiful semi with half moons. We did not discuss prices as I wanted to live in my dream world for a few days.

8. Matching diamond band for my BGD grace e-ring. The pave on that ring it so beautiful it melts my heart. Hmmmmm. Maybe I could stick a MRB in it and scratch #6 off my list.

8. Big marquise with vertically set tapered baguettes. I know where such a beautiful creature lives but I'm not sure it's the right marquise for me. I am sure that it's not in the budget right now.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1446532967|3945044 said:
Mine has evolved slightly over time. There are, however, some items I've wanted for the last few years and I still want them; they are:

- a huge step cut (but I've gone up in size, haha. Now, I'd like ideally 8-15ct), warmer colour is ok.

That's all folks.

Do tell us more about this HUGE step cut diamond you are contemplating, Phoenix! 8) :cheeky: Also, did you ever decide on how to set Holly by chance?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...let me think.

1. Solitaire e-ring in vatche 6 prong setting. Specs at the discretion of my sweet SO, but hopefully 7 mm or so, H/VS2 ideal cut. Hopefully arriving soonish.
2. eternity band with 5 pointers to go with above for daily wear
3. Sapphire studs
4. Sapphire RHR (I might also wear this as a sub e-ring at times)
5. Diamond huggies. Currently thinking 1.5 ctw but I could be pushed to increase the size ;-)
6. Eventually an anniversary band with 15 pointers
7. I'd love a 1 ct pendant at some point

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow I look forward to seeing everyone's fun list posted throughout the years.

My list will be several years to come, but that is the main fun of jewelry, I think, to investigate and shop.
I really need to make bigger diamond studs a priority on my list so I am listing that first.
- was thinking 1.7-little bigger. A good size for my ears.
- reset my diamond lever back to small bezel studs
-blue sapphire anniversary alternate e-ring to celebrate our September anniversary
-Cartier watch
-pear diamond pendant d color strong blue florescense
-diamond bangles look so versatile for day and night on jewelsbygrace love them

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1446588675|3945300 said:

That's all folks.

Do tell us more about this HUGE step cut diamond you are contemplating, Phoenix! 8) :cheeky: Also, did you ever decide on how to set Holly by chance?

Hahaha! It's really really HUGE, warmer (much warmer than my usual taste), antique or at least antique-look (vendor does not know its provenance), has a lovely medium-sized culet. That's all I can tell you for now. I'd KILL for her; but alas at the rate my goods are moving (ie. slow), I don't think I can put together the funds fast enough to pay for her. I'm sure someone else will snatch her up...sob sob....

Holly? I don't have a clue, lol!! Okie okie, I lie ;)) . I'm going to set her in a halo. ...I know I know...everyone here on PS is gonna scream "tacky" at me...but ....I don't care!!! Ha ha ha :cheeky: .

I just don't know who's going to set her yet, most likely LM or VC. I think I'd like a modern setting for her.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1446603748|3945435 said:
m-2-b|1446588675|3945300 said:

That's all folks.

Hahaha! It's really really HUGE, warmer (much warmer than my usual taste), antique or at least antique-look (vendor does not know its provenance), has a lovely medium-sized culet. That's all I can tell you for now. I'd KILL for her; but alas at the rate my goods are moving (ie. slow), I don't think I can put together the funds fast enough to pay for her. I'm sure someone else will snatch her up...sob sob....

Holly? I don't have a clue, lol!! Okie okie, I lie ;)) . I'm going to set her in a halo. ...I know I know...everyone here on PS is gonna scream "tacky" at me...but ....I don't care!!! Ha ha ha :cheeky: .

I just don't know who's going to set her yet, most likely LM or VC. I think I'd like a modern setting for her.

Count me in as a halo lover, too, even for a ginormous stone like Holly! ::) I would love to halo my own ACA, but the logistics of ever getting it to VC is too complicated right now (unless I deliver it to him myself, personally!).

Hope you sell all of your other pieces soon so we can all see this honker of a step cut diamond you are coveting! :naughty:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm thinking I have lots of pieces that I just don't wear, maybe the first step should be to have a bit of a clear out!

But seriously, I'd love:

Another JbG bangle, single stone this time
A VCA pendant, most likely MOP
0.75ct ish ACA pendant

I have a big birthday looming, hope DH will oblige with at least one of these :naughty:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
An AVC, somewhere in the 3 carat range, with french cuts, my absolute dream ring :drool:

leon_mege_dream_ring.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting after setting.....

A VC setting for a new rb I've just bought (yellow gold)

An eternity DK is currently making for me (yellow gold)

A new set of studs in the 1.5ctw range

Yellow gold diamond necklace to use up the smaller stones I've been hoarding/collecting for this project for years

1.8ct - 2ct rb to set with my pair of pears (platinum)

A 3 stone setting DK is currently doing for me with east/west EC in the center and pears on the sides (yellow gold)

SS pearl and diamond pendant on DBTY chain (white gold - currently making progress)

A 4ct+ cushion cut ruby, best quality (never gonna happen) with cushion cut diamond sides (got these - all dressed up and nowhere to go!)

Five of these projects are making progress. The 2ct rb, the diamond studs, and the 4ct ruby are just sitting, looking at me, laughing.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
picante27|1446674022|3945778 said:
An AVC, somewhere in the 3 carat range, with french cuts, my absolute dream ring :drool:

Ditto for me - I would love a huge AVC and I adore those french tapered sides - I could forego a wedding band. I love my AVR, but I know I'd have to go up in carat size to get the same finger coverage as my 2.1 carat AVR.

If I don't do the AVC, I would still love a french cut band.

Maybe I will reset my AVR one day, but I haven't committed yet in case I upgrade (sorry, DH). I do like Valmain's rose gold and platinum solitaire from ERD.

I would also like some diamond huggies.

I'm a simple gal with just a few, simple requests. :bigsmile: :halo:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So funny, I was just thinking about this:)

Although I would love a fun huge collection that I could raid for any occasion, I have realized that I just wear a few items 95% of the time and want LOVE those.

So my list for now is:

-ering upgrade (ideally 2+ ct sapphire with 1.25 l/w ratio, glowy saturated blue that doesn't get too dark or grey indoors and is just light enough to see the steps, set with white stepcut traps)

-some kind of reset of my current ering sapphire which is 1ct radiant and a little on the darker side (maybe E-W in an M2M Flora embrace inspired setting or a deco halo)

-eternity ring (maybe french cut, maybe round, maybe OEC, maybe bezel cushions...not sure what direction I would want to go on this yet and likely it is a few years down the road)

-diamond inside out hoops (I have fakey ones that I love and would like pretty much exactly the same thing with diamonds:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella_mezzo said:
So funny, I was just thinking about this:)

Although I would love a fun huge collection that I could raid for any occasion, I have realized that I just wear a few items 95% of the time and want LOVE those.

So my list for now is:

-ering upgrade (ideally 2+ ct sapphire with 1.25 l/w ratio, glowy saturated blue that doesn't get too dark or grey indoors and is just light enough to see the steps, set with white stepcut traps)

-some kind of reset of my current ering sapphire which is 1ct radiant and a little on the darker side (maybe E-W in an M2M Flora embrace inspired setting or a deco halo)

-eternity ring (maybe french cut, maybe round, maybe OEC, maybe bezel cushions...not sure what direction I would want to go on this yet and likely it is a few years down the road)

-diamond inside out hoops (I have fakey ones that I love and would like pretty much exactly the same thing with diamonds:)

Bella, I have to say one of my most worn and favorite bling pieces are my diamond hoop earrings. So simple yet versatile and lovely and wearable. So much so that I am looking for a larger diameter pair even though I have many pairs of diamond hoops. I love them all.

For me the most versatile pair are the 1 inch diameter hoops I have. They are light (3.6 grams total weight) and blingy with good impact. Now I am in search of a pair about 1.5 inches in diameter but that weigh less than 5 grams for the pair. That is the real challenge. Finding a lightweight pair.

I hope you find a pair you love too! It is my most worn piece of jewelry besides my ER and wedding bands. Attaching a pic of the 1 inch diameter pair for you. An easy everyday subtle piece IMO.

_722.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1386582012|3570393 said:
Tough one as it changes depending on my moods, however, here's what I have planned:

1. A large baroque white SSP necklace
2. A good Tahitian pearl necklace with blue pearls 11-13mm, with interchangeable clasp
3. A good SSP necklace 11-13mm, to interchange with 2 above
4. Re-set my 1.19ct EC
5. Diamond earring jackets for my 10mm pearl studs
6. A bezel set tennis bracelet with 0.3ct RBs
7. A interchangeable bale for pearl pendants
8. A large SSP for 7.
9. A large blue Tahitian pearl for 7.
10. A cobalt chrome ring by Boone with a CS.

To name a few.

DK :))

Nearly 2 years has past since my post in this thread, and I have completed 4. above and have re-set my 1.19ct EC in an air line/gap diamond halo.

I have also acquired the centre stone for the interchangeable pearl clasp in the form of a near 18mm round Danburite by Jeff White.

I have also acquired the stones for the interchangeable bale for pearl drops, in the form of a 9mm+ Rubellite Tourmaline and a White Topaz, also by Jeff White.

My bucket list today consists for the following, in no particular order:

1. A Paraiba Tourmaline
2. An EC Emerald or a round Tsavorite
3. A pink red Mahenge Spinel
4. A medium blue Sapphire, preferably an Asscher cut
5. A nice round strand of WSSP 14-16mm
6. A nice round strand of blue Tahitians 13-14mm
7. A large strand of baroque WSSP
8. A large WSSP drop for a pendant
9. A large Tahitian drop for a pendant
10. Diamond earring jackets for my near 1cttw studs, with 3mm+ diamonds

These are on top of the rings and jewellery pieces I have already planned for next year or so, that includes a number of rings, and a bangle with interchangeable centre elements with diamonds and CSs.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1386564148|3570307 said:
Hi Everyone,

Since the year is coming close to an end, I just wanted to see what updates people have on their Bling Bucket List. Here are additions and items checked off my list.

1. SingleStone eternities - yup, still need my ruby and French cut in yellow gold...
2. AVC in a halo
3. Asscher anything - check! I count the carre eternity as an asscher. :D
4. Diamond / Sapphire eternity band - check! Close enough. I have a diamond / sapphire half eternity.
5. 2.0 tcw studs (pierced ears!!)
6. Small yellow gold bezel studs
7. Bracelet - probably a dbty or a very delicate bezeled tennis bracelet
8. Something ruby, hopefully a ring.
9. More pave bands!!
10. A colored diamond in a halo.

This is definitely a "bling" bucket list. Assuming I live a long life, it will take me THAT long to fulfill it. ;-)

Can't wait to see what others are thinking...

Interesting to see this again. It's been almost 2 years since I last updated this list.

These are on my "still to get" list, in order of importance...
1. 2 Matching bands for ering
2. AVR or OEC in J or K (1.5-3.0 carat)
3. Singlestone eternity with OEC/AVR
4. Perfect daily necklace - can't decide between Cartier or VCA
5. 1.5 carat diamond huggies

Not sure about:
1. Single dbty necklace
2. Super skinny pave bands. The ones I have are not skinny enough.
3. Bezel studs for less blingy days (though not sure if that will ever happen)
On my list in case I live a very long life. :lol:

Items that got checked. Yay!!
1. diamond tennis bracelet - LOVE IT!!!
2. 2.3 tcw studs - another daily wear item
3. Carre cut eternity band - gorgeous but don't wear it much... :doh:
4. Cartier love cuff - oops, wasn't on the original list ;-)

Been interesting to see how my tastes have changed over the two year period. Getting to know myself better. Glad I had to wait to get these. In another two years, things may be different again...

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not greedy. I have only two.
1. VCA Diamond pave earrings (Frivole, or Cosmo, or Lotus, I am not picky)
2. VCA Perlee clover bracelet

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1447084167|3947290 said:

Fancy, the Perlee clover bracelet is one of three pieces on my wish list as well :)) I have the Signature, but the clover is my VCA yearning. The others are to have a CS set into my now-empty RDG (two options are on their way to Erika Winters now) and a pair of souffle drops for my studs (apparently souffle pearls are rare and souffle pearls of decent quality are rarer, so these will have to wait for some vendors' 2016 shopping trips).

I personally prefer the pave Frivole earrings to the Lotus. They're both pave, so... blingy and not-exactly-informal, but the Frivole maintains a notion of whimsy that the Lotus, IMO, eschews entirely. The Lotus always strikes me as red-carpet wear, whereas to me the Frivole is somewhat more casual. The Cosmos is my favourite of the three - it's unique, memorably VCA, and objectively just an absolutely beautiful design :love: Do you prefer the MOP or onyx Cosmos? I like the MOP for a softer look but the onyx grabs my attention more - especially on women with light hair.

ETA: I must say, unorthodox though it was, finding my Ering stone a mate and making earrings was the best jewellery-related decision I have made in several years! I enjoy wearing them every day and I'm rather surprised that I don't miss having a larger diamond on my hand at all - most days the only ring I wear is my all-metal Cartier rolling ring, no stones whatsoever. I only wish I'd taken the plunge years ago :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit - or did you mean the all-pave Cosmos FD?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1447084167|3947290 said:

You have such a perfect diamond jewelry collection already, and I think these special VCA pieces would be a beautiful compliment! I tried on the Perlee clover bracelet in June, and I think there is no other bangle that is more beautiful! It would be on my dream wish list, but I doubt I would ever get it!

Instead, I have my eyes on some Jude Frances Provence bracelets that I also love and are much less expensive than VCA.

judefrancesprovencebangles.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1447088670|3947318 said:
Edit - or did you mean the all-pave Cosmos FD?
Yes, the MOP with only one Diamond petal does not do anything for me. It is the all Diamond pave one that makes my heart pound.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1447092948|3947347 said:
You have such a perfect diamond jewelry collection already, and I think these special VCA pieces would be a beautiful compliment! I tried on the Perlee clover bracelet in June, and I think there is no other bangle that is more beautiful! It would be on my dream wish list, but I doubt I would ever get it!

Instead, I have my eyes on some Jude Frances Provence bracelets that I also love and are much less expensive than VCA.

Well, it is not the same to me. I have learned through the years that I should not sidetrack but get exactly what I love. I cannot afford too many extras that are close seconds. They likely end up in my drawers accumulating dust or in the resale bin for a loss.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1447095100|3947364 said:
diamondseeker2006|1447092948|3947347 said:

Well, it is not the same to me. I have learned through the years that I should not sidetrack but get exactly what I love. I cannot afford too many extras that are close seconds. They likely end up in my drawers accumulating dust or in the resale bin for a loss.

Oh, no, I was not suggesting it was the same at all! By all means go for the VCA! I personally just couldn't spend $28k on a bangle bracelet, and I really love the JF bracelets, too. However, I rarely even wear my diamond tennis bracelet, so buying another expensive diamond bracelet for myself is not remotely necessary! If anything, I'd probably upgrade to a WF diamond bracelet before buying a diamond bangle.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1447132424|3947607 said:
Oh, no, I was not suggesting it was the same at all! By all means go for the VCA! I personally just couldn't spend $28k on a bangle bracelet, and I really love the JF bracelets, too. However, I rarely even wear my diamond tennis bracelet, so buying another expensive diamond bracelet for myself is not remotely necessary! If anything, I'd probably upgrade to a WF diamond bracelet before buying a diamond bangle.

DS, you are so smart, and you always have great insight. I have to rethink my priority. Indeed, a high carat diamond is better than the VCA bangle. Besides, I am not a bangle person. I have some gold/jade and Hermes bangles, but I do not wear them. Instead, I tend to grab my tb's every time I feel like wearing some jewelry on my wrist. Now that you remind me about upgrading to larger Diamond tb's, maybe I should change my wish list. I already have two, 15-pt WF tb's (I stack them). Maybe I should get another one with 25-pt.

I need to think really hard, because I just realize the VCA earrings that I love are the medium sizes ones, which would deplete my bling fund. It is either or, and not both. Worse, I heard a rumor that VCA is having another price increase in Dec! :-o :sick:

Q

Queenie60

Only two things

1. eternity band

2. Pave bracelet for every day wear - either tennis bracelet or bangle, not sure yet.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
My list has changed some in the past two years :) If I was making it today I would want:

A high color (D-F), high clarity upgrade stone in a simple but elegant platinum solitaire. AVR, vintage OEC, or maybe even a hearts and arrows MRB, 2+ carats, VS2 or better (even a lot of VS stones have inclusions that bother me) I'm starting to think I won't find this stone in a flavor of OEC that appeals to me.

High color, high clarity MRB diamond studs, ideal cut, 2CTW minimum (I want these to be stones that would make beautiful e-ring stones for grandchildren at some point)

IE_Princess|1373222589|3478627 said:
I'll play. I have a list of "things DH can choose from as gifts" that I have been adding to, and then I have my dream upgrade. So far this I accomplished my "for now" OEC solitaire, my french cut platinum eternity, an OEC cocktail ring, plus a vintage single cut eternity (and another one in the works)

On the gift list:

natural white akoya hanadama pearl strand - DH bought me a strand of large WSS vintage pearls
bezel set BGD "Barbara" pendant with my grandma's diamond (including a recut)(this is in the beginning stages) - got it, don't really wear it much, but it is still a nice way to wear my grandmother's diamond occasionally
Tiffany pink sapphire/diamond Legacy eternity - I ended up with 2 Carl Blackburn/Beverley K 18k french cut pink sapphire and round diamond eternity bands instead
platinum eternity with baguette sapphires and round diamonds - I thought I wanted this with blue sapphires, went with pink instead, in 14k
OEC dangle earrings, at least 2CTTW - had these made with 2.85CTW, then ended up selling them after I decided I don't want dangles after all
platinum french cut diamond eternity band with at least 3CTTW - still want this, but it isn't a have to have
art deco diamond/sapphire platinum bracelet - not so interested anymore
vintage sapphire/diamond ring with a stunning center sapphire - still want, but can live without
18K YG Van Craeynest bands, at least 3 - I bought and sold some Van Craeynest over the past two years
YG ruby or ruby/diamond eternity for stacking - I ended up with a couple of ruby/diamond eternities in white gold and palladium

Dream upgrade (at least 10 years down the road):
4+ CT OEC or AVR e-ring in a vintage setting - I might scale this down some, concentrating on high color and clarity

Really though, I think I'm good right now, and I'd still be happy even if I never received another piece of jewelry. It's not likely though, as DH likes to give me pretty things.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1447173554|3947827 said:
diamondseeker2006|1447132424|3947607 said:

DS, you are so smart, and you always have great insight. I have to rethink my priority. Indeed, a high carat diamond is better than the VCA bangle. Besides, I am not a bangle person. I have some gold/jade and Hermes bangles, but I do not wear them. Instead, I tend to grab my tb's every time I feel like wearing some jewelry on my wrist. Now that you remind me about upgrading to larger Diamond tb's, maybe I should change my wish list. I already have two, 15-pt WF tb's (I stack them). Maybe I should get another one with 25-pt.

I need to think really hard, because I just realize the VCA earrings that I love are the medium sizes ones, which would deplete my bling fund. It is either or, and not both. Worse, I heard a rumor that VCA is having another price increase in Dec! :-o :sick:
Decrease, not increase.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nearly 2 years has past since my post in this thread, and I have completed 4. above and have re-set my 1.19ct EC in an air line/gap diamond halo.

I have also acquired the centre stone for the interchangeable pearl clasp in the form of a near 18mm round Danburite by Jeff White.

I have also acquired the stones for the interchangeable bale for pearl drops, in the form of a 9mm+ Rubellite Tourmaline and a White Topaz, also by Jeff White.

My bucket list today consists for the following, in no particular order:

1. A Paraiba Tourmaline
2. An EC Emerald or a round Tsavorite
3. A pink red Mahenge Spinel
4. A large Blue Green Tourmaline, most likely to be in emerald cut
5. A medium blue Sapphire, preferably an Asscher cut
6. A nice round strand of WSSP 14-16mm
7. A nice round strand of blue Tahitians 13-14mm
8. A large strand of baroque WSSP
9. A large WSSP drop for a pendant
10. A large Tahitian drop for a pendant
11. Diamond earring jackets for my near 1cttw studs, with 3mm+ diamonds

These are on top of the rings and jewellery pieces I have already planned for next year or so, that includes a number of rings, and a bangle with interchangeable centre elements with diamonds and CSs.

The recent "bucket list" thread reminded me of my bling bucket list, and it has been a while since I last posted in this thread.

Since then, I have completed the following:
3. Bought a Pink Red Mahenge Spinel from Yvonne and had it set in a ring
8. Not white, however, a blue baroque SSP from Kevin of Pearl of Joy when I was in LA for the Pearl Ruckus in 2016, drilled by the nice people in Pearl Paradise when I visited them as part of the trip, still to be set
9. Bought a large Tahitian drop from Sarah of Kojima Pearl on the same LA trip

I added a neon pink Sapphire about 6-7mm to the top of the CS list, and this has been achieved (Jeff found it for me at Tucson yesterday, sale agreed, subject to payments and it will be recut by him).

Also purchased is a 6ct+ EC light blue/green Aquamarine, and a pink EC Imperial Topaz, both cut by JW.

I have re-purposed the 6 carré cut stones in a ring and 2 looses stones from the same parcel and had them set into a identify type bracelet that I like to wear all the time. However, I still long for a bezel set tennis bracelet. Until I have the money to spare for real diamonds, I shall settle for a Moissy or Berricle version.

A lab created Emerald also cut by JW satisfied my desire for a top colour Emerald at affordable price, and am not looking to get a real Emerald.

As for pearls, I purchased a double strand of 7-8mm Freshadamas from PP during my trip to LA in 2016.

Revised Bling Bucket List to purchase as of today, 05 Feb 2020, trimmed down on the pearl front as I do not wear pearls that often nowadays. In no particular order:

1. A Paraiba Tourmaline, most likely to be a cabochon
2. A round, oval or cushion Tsavorite
3. A medium blue Sapphire, preferably an JW's Asscher cut
4. A nice round strand of blue Tahitians 13-14mm
5. Diamond earring jackets for my near 1cttw studs, with 3mm+ diamonds
6. A bezel set diamond Tennis bracelet

That's on top of all the other setting/re-purposing projects.

DK :lol-2:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results