shape
carat
color
clarity

What's on your Bling Bucket List

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Messages
11,325
Hi Ladies:

I have just been so inspired lately (due to the recent SS experience) that I had to ask what other people have on their bling bucket list. I don't know which poster used this term but it sticks in my head. And when I actually write it down, (in a note on my iphone) I can stay focused on saving for a particular piece and not go blowing money on impulsive buys. It would be so much easier if I didn't have a budget, right?? :tongue:

I'll go first, but this list is subject to amendments and additions.

1. At least 2 eternities from SS. At least one must have French cuts.
2. An AVC or OMC, in a halo.
3. Asscher anything, ideally an eternity.
4. Diamond and sapphire eternity band

I wish I could be more creative in my jewelry uses. But I don't have pierced ears, and I never wear bracelets because I am really bang my hands around. (My poor rings!!) I may reset my original solitaire into a necklace, but I seldom wear necklaces either. And the other hard part is that if I have bling, I want to be able to see it. So maybe I'll reconsider my stance on bracelets. I'm considering piercing my ears just to be able to wear diamond studs!! I know. I am LOSING my mind!! :lol: :lol:
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
19,302
sapphire with diamond half moons.


E/W chubby marquise in a bezel
_7421.jpg

setting my 5 stone into a stepped bezel in YG with millgraining. Its not fully formed, so i have only a few inspiration pics



and then a FLY round or low color OEC diamond in a YG sholdt bezel.

_7772.jpg

f04f9ea4dded488fadfa314f92573a6b.jpg

91d82c52af64454762126b3b3a767c33.jpg
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
Heh, I think that might have been me (or, at least, it's a phrase I DO use ... dunno if I can claim original authorship, but I mentioned it in my VC thread ... I always picture it as an enormous bucket of loot). I've been knocking things off the list recently, but let's see what WAS on it, and what still IS ....

Checked off the list/tossed in the bucket:
- french cut eternity band: done, twice over, one fat and one thin!
- ruby eternity: done, thrice over, in baguette, carre, and french cut!
- graduated stud earrings, in white, yellow, and rose gold: done!
- Edwardian dinner ring: done, and WELL done, at that!
- pear-shaped diamond pendant: bezel, set, go!
- fancy watch: with further french cuts, yay!
- Alex Sepkus band: done!
- Van Craeynest band(s): thrice over, making me the happiest who in whoville!
- OEC or transitional anniversary ring: done!
- Bev K band - done!

Current:
- I CRAVE a stone with eye-visible fluor for a RHR. I want something that goes oily/milky in sunlight. I would set it in my die-cast Edwardian ring if round, and have the head on the Van Craeynest band switched out if OMC/cushion/whatever else.
- I kind of really want a set of graduated old cut studs, too.
- I don't have a big sapphire eternity band yet. If I did, I could have a great BIG red, white, and blue stack for next year's Independence day!
- I want a really, really fancy Art Deco bracelet, one of the ones with intricate designs in colored stones.
- a seed-pearl dog-collar with platinum plaques from the Victorian or Edwardian period.
- a pair of old cut dangles like GemFever's.
- a "bib" necklace of tiny bezeled stones
- LOVE the Michael B. "lace" bands, and the solitaire ... I would be so tempted if he did the kind of head I like
- still want a Cartier watch, now torn between the Roadster and the Tank Anglaise
- an old cut crescent brooch
- I am SO WITH YOU when it comes to the Single Stone bands. I've tried on the small bezeled french baguette one and the larger bezeled OEC one, and I crave both desperately.
- ditto that on the AVC/AVR. I'm thinking if Jon ever has one (or two!) with incredibly strong fluor, I might put my hands together .... :bigsmile:

... even typing that out made me feel glutted! And most of it is probably in the realm of fantasy (quite a difference from my posts in the "realistic wish list" thread!), but, hey, a girl can dream, right? I didn't think I'd have half the stuff in the first list by now, so, thank you, bling gods! I will offer up many photos as tribute. :halo:
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
24,623
I will dream along with you. :wavey:

Mine would be:

French Cut eternity band
Upgraded EC on EC RHR
Upgraded AGS0 diamond for ering
Sapphire diamond band
Sapphire studs
EC diamond drop earrings (EC studs with EC dangles)
Upgraded diamond bracelet (4 or 5 carat)
Color change garnet ring
Color change sapphire ring
Upgrade heart diamond in heart diamond RHR
Tsavorite earrings

And many things I haven't found yet but I know there are out there. :bigsmile:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
57,628
Oh, fun question!

1. setting for my AVR (maybe Van C)

2. french cut band (Victor)

3. AVC (in Singlestone halo)

4. reset for family .80 diamond (maybe in BK pendant?)

There are plenty of other things I might want...AVR earrings, designer long chain necklaces, WhiteFlash diamond bracelet and earring jackets, other antique style stacking bands, maybe a Temple St. Claire rock crystal necklace and earrings, Cartier watch, big emerald cut diamond ring if I win the lottery or something.....the list could be endless. But I'd be happy with the first items up there and the rest is icing on the cake! :bigsmile:
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
19,302
oh, and id also like to create a bypass ring with a white (d maybe) pear with strong blue fluor and a FYD with strong yellow fluor... thats my nerd ring :geek:
 

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
543
1. 2ct OEC
2. 6mm+ Rose cut bezel set diamond studs
3. Dainty french cut band

;( ohhhh dreams. you are not very realistic!
 

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Messages
3,021
So much on my list:
Asscher eternity band or seven stone. Can't decide which way to go and hope to get one next year.

I would love an AVC three stone, something similar to Packrats, bezel set.

A bypass ring in an art deco style with garnets (probably tsavs) and D color diamonds. I know exactly how I want this ring to look and just have to save up for it. It will be my "Mothers ring" in honor of both of my sons.

A pile of eternity stackers with and without colored stones. Maybe every year get one? Not uber expensive, ebay finds I hope!

A few less costly goodies: diamond hoops, DBTY bracelet, maybe a DBTY necklace.

A Gelin Abaci tension set ring with an AVR around .70ct.

So many rings on here pull me in so my list could change but these are the items I've actually researched and find myself going back to.

I would also like a Cartier Roadster, but would look for it pre-owned.
 

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
3,934
I love reading everyone's wish list! Pricescopers have such beautiful taste.

Here's mine...

Top priority bucket list:
1. Dream diamond engagement ring. Current fantasy: 3+ct antique cushion cut with super chunky facets in Single Stone solitaire with French cuts on cathedral shoulders and some kind of fabulous gallery
2. Thin French cut diamond band to wear with above ring
3. 2.5ctw OEC stud earrings
4. Cartier Santos Demoiselle watch (or a fabulous smallish vintage model)
5. Reset my original sapphire engagement ring

The longer list is quite long and quite fun!
- ballet slipped pink padparadscha sapphire in VC Emilya style halo
- ruby eternity band, pink diamond or pink sapphire eternity band
- Van Craeynest band
- pear black opal in crazy Leon Mege pendant - with sapphires and tsavorites and anything else he wants to include!
-antique negligee necklace with one ruby and one diamond pear drops
- Golden South Sea tin cup necklace in high carat yellow gold
- baroque Tahitian pearl strand with peacock overtones
- 1950s style graduated akoya pearl strand
- White South Sea drops for my studs
- some kind of fabulous diamond bracelet
- 36 inch gemstone by the yard in yellow gold
- Whiteflash ACA eternity and Cartier Trinity
 

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Messages
2,671
Love reading everyone's bucket list.

Somewhere on my bucket list is :

-some sort of bezel set band (diamond or diamond and colored stone mix) of some size that depends on where I go with my set.
-another Van C ring.
-stud upgrade (I knew that going in to my starter set)
-an antique Victorian diamond daisy cluster ring
-earring jackets
-OEC DBTY pendant/necklace
-5 stone ring
-a rockin' 3 stone colored stone ring....
 

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
2,524
Hmm...I'm trying to forget about my bucket list...i'm trying so hard, that i took a two-month break from PS...but it didn't help :naughty: And now this thread comes to finish me off :bigsmile:
So basically, i want so many things, but i'm sure that i'm not supposed to want them, coz it's just too much jewelry for one person :???:
Anyhow...here we go:

1. I want a fat pear cut stone, in the 1.20 to 1.50 ct range and i'd like to have it set in a ring with smaller pear side stones (my friend is telling me that it they wouldn't work well together, but i disagree).
2. I would reeeeeeeally like to get a substantial tennis bracelet, because i need a magnifying glass in order to see the diamonds on the one that i already have :D
3. I want a ruby ring, with diamonds and a matching, ruby/diamonds eternity ring to make a set :cheeky: yum...
4. I want to get a black diamond, approximately 2ct, but i don't know what i'd like to do with it...yet :Up_to_something: (i'm sure that i'll figure this out very easily once i have the stone :naughty: )

Alright, there's more, but these are the most important!!!
 

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
1,068
natyLad|1372998765|3477497 said:
I want a fat pear cut stone, in the 1.20 to 1.50 ct range and i'd like to have it set in a ring with smaller pear side stones (my friend is telling me that it they wouldn't work well together, but i disagree).

A friend of mine has a ring like this as her upgrade. I reckon her centre stone would be at least 2ct (I don't want to ask - apparently not everyone is as obsessed with diamonds as I am). The ring is gorgeous. Hers is more of a slender pear but I think it would be even more stunning with a chubby one. Something like this?



I have a very long list. I will come back and post it once I have had a chance to think properly about it!

3strg01055.jpg
 

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
6,335
Things I've long dreamed of:
- asscher cut eternity ring
- french cut eternity ring
- large OEC or cushion OMB ring. Something over 1 1/2 carats I should think.
- a very nice dinner ring, probably with sapphires. I had been lusting after a particular one but noticed it had sold.
- larger OEC earrings. I've had 4 pairs and doubled in size each time. Last time I went more than double so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it again! I want to aim around 1.3 - 1.5 carats each but I'm strangely attached to the idea of doubling them in size again...should not have gone as large last time...so that would put me at 1.75 carats each...
- a nice pearl necklace.
- a very large eternity ring, one that can only be worn by itself.
- a gold bangle bracelet
and more importantly a large pear diamond ring. I've loved pear forever and every time I see them in the films I catch my breath. I don't think they look that great on me, but perhaps I just haven't found the right one yet!
 

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
2,524
misskittycat|1373005236|3477513 said:
natyLad|1372998765|3477497 said:
I want a fat pear cut stone, in the 1.20 to 1.50 ct range and i'd like to have it set in a ring with smaller pear side stones (my friend is telling me that it they wouldn't work well together, but i disagree).

A friend of mine has a ring like this as her upgrade. I reckon her centre stone would be at least 2ct (I don't want to ask - apparently not everyone is as obsessed with diamonds as I am). The ring is gorgeous. Hers is more of a slender pear but I think it would be even more stunning with a chubby one. Something like this?



THIS.IS.MY.DREAM.RING. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Thank you so much misskittycat for posting this. It is EXACTLY what i had in mind :appl:
 

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
200
I don't know why, but I've wanted a 2ct princess ever since I saw one when I was window shopping a few years before I met DH. When it was time to pick a diamond, we decided on a round engagement ring because it has better sparkle and spread. We both love it and admire it every day but I still want a princess for a RHR!

So, a 2ct center 3-stone RHR is on my bling bucket list! Hopefully I can work on saving someday after the house and car are paid off...we can only dream, right? :D
 

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
11,671
My list only has two things:

a super blingy 5 or 3 stone
something in rose gold (not sure what yet)
 

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
3,829
My list is ever changing! Here goes:

--Victor Canera french cut eternity band (check!) :))
--WF diamond tennis bracelet/bangle
--Diamond hoops/huggies
--Cartier tank watch
--RHR (Large cushion/emerald cut) in a 3 stone or bezel setting
--Larger diamond solitaire pendant or multi-strand DBTY necklace
 

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
3,934
katiedid said:
Right now I am soooo wanting this band: http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-eternity-ring-18k-white-gold_17216?pid=BR30401505&ring_size=5 to wear with my 5-stone. I keep waiting for there to be a sale... Does anyone own this band (in any sapphire color)?

My girlfriend has this band (pretty sure its the same one anyways) and I've gotta say, in person all I can see is prongs. The sapphires get a little lost in all the metal work. Hopefully someone else will chime in and tell me I'm wrong about that! Brian Gavin has a beautiful sapphire bezel band. And if you're on more of a budget, IDJ might have some options. And eBay of course!
 

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,264
Thank you Rosebloom! That's good to know. The various pictures on the website don't seem too "metaly" but I can see how it could be. I also looked at one by Gabriel and Co and one by Kwiat.
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
19,302
katiedid|1373047673|3477721 said:
Thank you Rosebloom! That's good to know. The various pictures on the website don't seem too "metaly" but I can see how it could be. I also looked at one by Gabriel and Co and one by Kwiat.
For some reason prong set sapphire bands don't sing to me as much as bezel set or french cut ones.
 

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,057
I have several things on my list and hopefully they will be obtainable my first priority is to reset my rings, I want to combine my e-ring and 5 stone into 1 blingy e-ring in 18K and platiumn and then I want to purchase this Tiffany band to go with it http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02846&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323339-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ I have been obsessed with this ring!

The remaining on my list is:

a round diamond eternity ring
a ruby and diamond band ring
a blue sapphire and diamond ring

I that is all for now...lol
 

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Messages
11,325
diamondrnglover|1373051195|3477744 said:
I have several things on my list and hopefully they will be obtainable my first priority is to reset my rings, I want to combine my e-ring and 5 stone into 1 blingy e-ring in 18K and platiumn and then I want to purchase this Tiffany band to go with it http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02846&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323339-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ I have been obsessed with this ring!

The remaining on my list is:

a round diamond eternity ring
a ruby and diamond band ring
a blue sapphire and diamond ring

I that is all for now...lol

Hi diamondrnglover, I love me a five stone engagement ring too, with a big solitaire in the center. So in this day an age of skinny bands and antique settings, I went for this old school setting, with an old school six prong head no less. I have always loved 5 stone rings, and I tried to wear one with my solitaire, but it just didn't do it. Just like you, I wanted it all together. Risingsun has one, and I think mine will look a lot like it. I was sooo stressed that a six prong would look weird with the four prongs on the side stones, but Risingsun's ring looks exactly right to me, so I'm all good. Just waiting for it to come in.

And just for the record, I am adding the following to my bucket list.

1. Single stone setting for something other than eternity!! I would love a hammered gold bezel around an oec...
2. Diamond pendant - should be less painful since I can reset my original e-ring.

This bucket list thing is keeping me focused! yay!! (well, focused on MORE jewelry) :naughty:
 

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,057
LLJsmom|1373053346|3477766 said:
diamondrnglover|1373051195|3477744 said:
I have several things on my list and hopefully they will be obtainable my first priority is to reset my rings, I want to combine my e-ring and 5 stone into 1 blingy e-ring in 18K and platiumn and then I want to purchase this Tiffany band to go with it http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02846&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323339-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ I have been obsessed with this ring!

The remaining on my list is:

a round diamond eternity ring
a ruby and diamond band ring
a blue sapphire and diamond ring

I that is all for now...lol

Hi diamondrnglover, I love me a five stone engagement ring too, with a big solitaire in the center. So in this day an age of skinny bands and antique settings, I went for this old school setting, with an old school six prong head no less. I have always loved 5 stone rings, and I tried to wear one with my solitaire, but it just didn't do it. Just like you, I wanted it all together. Risingsun has one, and I think mine will look a lot like it. I was sooo stressed that a six prong would look weird with the four prongs on the side stones, but Risingsun's ring looks exactly right to me, so I'm all good. Just waiting for it to come in.

And just for the record, I am adding the following to my bucket list.

1. Single stone setting for something other than eternity!! I would love a hammered gold bezel around an oec...
2. Diamond pendant - should be less painful since I can reset my original e-ring.

This bucket list thing is keeping me focused! yay!! (well, focused on MORE jewelry) :naughty:

I look forward to seeing it, did you go with the A. Link setting? I dont know how I missed that, that setting is just beautiful! I like the look of 6 prongs vs 4...of course since mine is princess I dont have that choice, but if I had a round it would have 6 prongs!
 

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
146
I only have ONE desire in terms of jewelry, but I'll more likely kick the bucket than be able to cross it off my bling bucket list. :saint:


:love: A simple 4ct RB diamond set in Victor Canera's cushion shaped Emilya. :love:
 

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
12,905
TracyBear|1373087215|3477963 said:
I only have ONE desire in terms of jewelry, but I'll more likely kick the bucket than be able to cross it off my bling bucket list. :saint:


:love: A simple 4ct RB diamond set in Victor Canera's cushion shaped Emilya. :love:

LOL TracyBear! :D

As much as I love diamonds, I don't really have much of a bucket list - For a while I considered a diamond eternity, a yellow diamond in a halo setting, and OEC earrings. I have also thought about a larger OEC but have come to the conclusion I don't want to spend that much money. :cheeky:

I think the only thing I would really like to do is reset my OEC.
 

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2012
Messages
334
This is what I would put on my "in-the-next-5-to-10-years" bucket list:

- Tahitian pearl baroque strand
- Hanadama Akoya pearl strand
- Pearl drops for my diamond earrings
- Fancy yellow diamond w/ halo RHR
- Tsavorite pendant
- Sapphire pendant and 5mm stud earrings
- Vintage-style diamond bracelet
 

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
1,068
Here is my list:

A long strand of Baroque Tahitian pearls, silver with peacock overtones, at least 50-55in

A plain pair of large white south sea hook earrings, maybe like these ones: http://www.kailisjewellery.com.au/en/product/9/trumpet-earrings-small but a bit bigger or maybe these: http://www.paspaley.com/eboutique/dolce-earrings.html

A pair of Tahitian drops for my diamond earrings - I have just purchased the loose pearls and will get them set in the next few months.

A pair of Sea of Cortez pearl earrings set like this:



A large strand of south sea pearls (12-15mm), baroque but smooth

A large (3-4ct) OEC or Antique cushion ring

A deep red spinel halo ring

An emerald and diamond three stone ring

Antique style stacking rings - I would love a sapphire and diamond ring and an emerald and diamond ring. Maybe a carre or french cut diamond eternity as well.

A yellow diamond RHR.

_7797.jpg
 

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
7,863
I have a few things-


-Riveria Necklace
-Fantastic art deco dome ring
-Art deco cocktail ring
-Cartier Roadster Watch
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"
    Father's Day Jewelry: 2021
    Father's Day Jewelry: 2021

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top