shape
carat
color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
These addresses are not exactly recent, but they're worth a try.

Daniel M
15 Hereford Rd
Marblehead, MA 01945

[email protected]

I truly wish you good luck and let us know how things go.

eilaina

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I was going to email and mail a letter today but I actually received a convo from Dan saying that my pieces will ship this week. Fingers crossed that it will ship this time as promised. I will update if and when they arrive. Thank you again for the information!!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Eilaina, what happened with your pieces?

eilaina

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late reply! I did get my stuff back in late February. I continued to message via Etsy every 3 weeks or so since my December post and never got a response. In each of my message I basically told him to just please give me a refund and send my stuff back in whatever stage of completion they are in. Finally in mid February, I told him to mail back my stuff by first week of March or I will file a police report with his local authorities. He responded that he would get it done and mailed to me the following week.

The finished products arrived the next week and they are fine. The work is not terrible, just looked a little "rushed" and sloppy. Still wearable IMO but just tainted for me. Everytime I put it on, I'm just reminded of how mean I had to be to get my stuff back. He also said he would give me a refund of the $90 but he did not do it. I did not ask for it because he did complete the work.

Thanks for all the help!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
eilaina, thanks for letting us know. I know just how you feel.
I keep looking on etsy for a replacement.
I keep going back and forth between sad, disappointed, puzzled and REALLY pissed off over the whole thing.
;( :confused: :(sad :angryfire:

T

talamasca

Hi, this is an old post I know, but yesterday I received dispatch emails from DanielM's etsy shop for the pieces he/they made from years ago! Was just curious if anyone else had? His shop appears to be back online now.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That happened to me too. I didn’t reply because I thought maybe it was a scam. Seems very odd, with a message saying something shipped.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've got the same message from etsy too. I have received my items a few years ago. I just smiled at it and forgot about it.:D

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I got one also.

Last edited:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got a bunch as well for old reserved listings. I think they were just cleaning up their shop. Maybe this means they're gearing up to be back in business.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is good news! I love my ring from him. :dance:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know wtf actually happened with him?? I've wanted to order from him since before all this craziness happened, and then (obviously) didn't because of this thread. Now his store is back open, and I'm just trying to figure out whether I would want to try a project (cheap, of course, and not sending him any stones I'm not willing to lose). Any thoughts or info I might be missing?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
He recently had a computer problem and sent out duplicate bills from years ago. Quickly apologized, of course. His workmanship was great in 2015. I’d give him a try but might not send him anything that needed a quick turnaround or anything truly expensive.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know wtf actually happened with him?? I've wanted to order from him since before all this craziness happened, and then (obviously) didn't because of this thread. Now his store is back open, and I'm just trying to figure out whether I would want to try a project (cheap, of course, and not sending him any stones I'm not willing to lose). Any thoughts or info I might be missing?

If you read this whole thread, you know Daniel M completely dropped the ball and acted most unprofessionally, leaving multiple customers hanging without a word for months, while still in possession of their money and their stones. AFAIK, there was never an explanation from Daniel M back then, and no explanation now. To my way of thinking, the very same thing could and may well happen again ... would you be okay with your $$$ and stones being held by a vendor who has gone silent and/or disappeared? While I believe in second chances, there has to be some transparency and some sense of ownership by the person/vendor who is asking for a second chance ... there's none of that here. YMMV.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marymm you are totally right about that, and this entire thread was very disturbing. @boerumbiddy his work was so good a few years ago, it's just all so sad/strange/infuriating!

Since honesty and directness are things I value, I think when I am ready to start my next project (which will be a bit from now), I'll send him a message about this thread and just see how he responds. Not to shame or embarrass him, but to be honest that I love his work and have admired it for a long while, but that I am nervous (as a new potential customer) to send stones given the lack of explanation/transparency. That way he has a chance to respond, and I can be open about my concerns.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Old thread and we're long past the Etsy shop reopening, but I'd love to hear about your experiences working with Daniel M since then. Are projects typically finished on-time or do they drag out? Does he provide the CAD when he says he would or do you experience delays, if so, how long? Do you enjoy working with him, etc.?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Old thread and we're long past the Etsy shop reopening, but I'd love to hear about your experiences working with Daniel M since then. Are projects typically finished on-time or do they drag out? Does he provide the CAD when he says he would or do you experience delays, if so, how long? Do you enjoy working with him, etc.?

Did a project with him recently. Super nice guy, prices are very reasonable, got CADs on time, and turn around was quick. I ended up over paying cause I changed my mind and went with something more simple and he refunded me quickly. I’d 100% use him again.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Old thread and we're long past the Etsy shop reopening, but I'd love to hear about your experiences working with Daniel M since then. Are projects typically finished on-time or do they drag out? Does he provide the CAD when he says he would or do you experience delays, if so, how long? Do you enjoy working with him,

Everything went smoothly for the last two projects I did (I didn’t know about this thread btw) but I requested another quote and have heard nothing; I emailed today - a week later - and nothing yet :( I get things may take longer when he’s busy but would hope to get an email reply.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had an amazing experience with him recently.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I also just started working with him on a project and so far, his communication has been stellar. I expect to see CADs soon and will let you all know how it goes!

Have you heard from in the last week or so?? So strange that some have perfect communication and others not. The other communications I had were perfect so it’s a bit weird to go a week and nothing.

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Yes, we exchanged emails this past week. The inconsistency does seem strange... FWIW, my project is really small

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
@marymm you are totally right about that, and this entire thread was very disturbing. @boerumbiddy his work was so good a few years ago, it's just all so sad/strange/infuriating!

Since honesty and directness are things I value, I think when I am ready to start my next project (which will be a bit from now), I'll send him a message about this thread and just see how he responds. Not to shame or embarrass him, but to be honest that I love his work and have admired it for a long while, but that I am nervous (as a new potential customer) to send stones given the lack of explanation/transparency. That way he has a chance to respond, and I can be open about my concerns.

@lovedogs — did you end up asking him about this thread or did he somehow resolve your concerns?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs — did you end up asking him about this thread or did he somehow resolve your concerns?

He resolved my concerns by being incredibly responsive, but I am somewhat nervous to hear that some folks are having trouble with communication.

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
He resolved my concerns by being incredibly responsive, but I am somewhat nervous to hear that some folks are having trouble with communication.

Ah ok — wasn’t sure if you ended up asking him about this thread directly. Regardless, so far so good... hopefully...

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Have you heard from in the last week or so?? So strange that some have perfect communication and others not. The other communications I had were perfect so it’s a bit weird to go a week and nothing.

Maybe you read my mind on why I was reading up on this old thread ;-) It was perfect communication and the CAD turnaround was so fast for the past couple of weeks, like within 24 hours. We're still in the process of making tweaks. Then starting this week I haven't received the revised CAD but I wasn't concerned at first, I'm used to waiting longer with other vendors and the communication started out so well it was exceeding expectations. But I got a bit more worried later on this week because he'd tell me I'm going to make the updates and show you tonight or tomorrow, then nothing would come. I followed up and got the same response, like, I'll have it for you shortly or later on today or tomorrow, then nothing. Each time the response came instantly, but no revised CAD. It's telling me a specific timeline then missing it 3x that worries me.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Oops, I probably should've read this entire thread before I contacted him. Now I'm growing more concerned.

zhazha

Rough_Rock
Oops, I probably should've read this entire thread before I contacted him. Now I'm growing more concerned.

My recent experience (also 1st one) was easy communication and fast turn around time. Don't worry at this moment. We never know what might be happening at that time... also his review looks good on Etsy.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a mixed bag and experiences will vary. I think with how popular he gets, he's bound to get busy, and as far as I know, he's pretty much a one man shop, while many other vendors hire helpers, and charge higher prices to customers for the extra help. From bits and pieces of conversations I've had with him, he has loved ones with health issues, so I'm personally willing to give him some slack if it takes time for him to respond. Projects can go extremely quickly to quite slow depending on the workload.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you read my mind on why I was reading up on this old thread ;-) It was perfect communication and the CAD turnaround was so fast for the past couple of weeks, like within 24 hours. We're still in the process of making tweaks. Then starting this week I haven't received the revised CAD but I wasn't concerned at first, I'm used to waiting longer with other vendors and the communication started out so well it was exceeding expectations. But I got a bit more worried later on this week because he'd tell me I'm going to make the updates and show you tonight or tomorrow, then nothing would come. I followed up and got the same response, like, I'll have it for you shortly or later on today or tomorrow, then nothing. Each time the response came instantly, but no revised CAD. It's telling me a specific timeline then missing it 3x that worries me.

Frustrating and I get it but I am glad that you are at least getting replies to your email! I’m sorry it’s taking longer. At this point I would just like a reply even if it’s to say “this will take awhile” or “I can’t do it” etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results