new-beginning|1444062517|3935019 said:
Dan finished the ring last week, he will be shipping it to me this week. cmm

That's fantastic!

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
Dan says it was shipped and I should receive by the end of the wk. CMM

Area57

Rough_Rock
Isn't competition pretty fierce on etsy? I can't imagine anyone on this site using these people ever again. It's not the long wait, or anything that's particularly bad, it's the no email, phone, text, contact whatsoever. It is so easy to contact someone these days.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etsy is much like eBay, in that it is an avenue for vendors to reach out to more customers. Like eBay, there are both great and shady vendor. The unfortunate part of Etsy is that they have no muscle, do not enforce the rules they set, and don't do anything for the customer in a dispute.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1444467107|3936900 said:
Etsy is much like eBay, in that it is an avenue for vendors to reach out to more customers. Like eBay, there are both great and shady vendor. The unfortunate part of Etsy is that they have no muscle, do not enforce the rules they set, and don't do anything for the customer in a dispute.
This is true, that's why I wouldn't use any form of payment other than Paypal. PayPal offers great buyer protection.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1444467107|3936900 said:

Too true. Etsy has certainly changed in the last few years; going public hasn't helped any. Customers always suffer when a company is beholden to stockholders.
I hadn't heard about Amazon's latest venture, but here's a link:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazon-handmade-could-craft-doom-for-etsy-2015-10-08?siteid=rss&rss=1

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
I have a tracking number - it is in transit, I am 'guessing' I will receive it mid next week.

Yes, there are plenty of folks who make/sell things on Etsy, I originally used Dan because of the folks here who had used him previously; this is the third project I have had him make.

I guess if I had hours and hours to search Etsy for another seller who does similar work, and then more hours to search for reviews on that seller I could most likely find another source.

I did try a gal out on the West coast, she did NOT make a setting at all like I described, nor did she provide a sketch/drawing/photo of the setting before mounting the stone. The setting was totally the opposite of what I described.

I have one more project I expect to have Dan make for me. After that I doubt I will start any more projects for the next year or so.

CMM

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
new-beginning|1444545817|3937166 said:
I have a tracking number - it is in transit, I am 'guessing' I will receive it mid next week.

Yes, there are plenty of folks who make/sell things on Etsy, I originally used Dan because of the folks here who had used him previously; this is the third project I have had him make.

I guess if I had hours and hours to search Etsy for another seller who does similar work, and then more hours to search for reviews on that seller I could most likely find another source.

I did try a gal out on the West coast, she did NOT make a setting at all like I described, nor did she provide a sketch/drawing/photo of the setting before mounting the stone. The setting was totally the opposite of what I described.

I have one more project I expect to have Dan make for me. After that I doubt I will start any more projects for the next year or so.

CMM

Great news! :clap: I am excited for you! :wavey:

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
expecting USPS to put in my mailbox Tues or Wed.
12 Oct, 2015 04:28 NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315, US Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
IT IS HERE!
zircon1.jpg

hopefully a picture will appear. CMM

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
it does have some fire in semi-shade, or sun, but I was taking pic with phone. I am gonna love this ring CMM

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
new-beginning|1444783321|3938027 said:
IT IS HERE!
zircon1.jpg

hopefully a picture will appear. CMM

Yay! Congrats on your new ring! :appl:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Very happy for you and pleased things are getting completed and out as promised too :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awesome. Is the quality of the work comparable or better than what it was?

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
yes, very much so, he told me the first setting had porosity and was being re-cast. which did cause a one week delay. Of course, keep in mind this is a very sleek, simple design (based on a Stuller but for a different shape stone. Will try to get some actual 'fire' pics tomorrow, was running errands all day today. CMM

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Glad you were able to get a job completed and that some people have received things back. I can honestly say though, I will never, ever use this vendor again. I felt the need to pretend everything was fine just so I could get my stones back regardless of the work quality and I'm very happy to have them back. Now that I have them though, I'm extremely disappointed in the quality. What I got was glued together stock components and not nearly like the CAD. There are also burn marks on the basket of one earring. At least the stones weren't ruined I guess.

Oh well, buyer beware.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
airplay355|1446158033|3943633 said:
Glad you were able to get a job completed and that some people have received things back. I can honestly say though, I will never, ever use this vendor again. I felt the need to pretend everything was fine just so I could get my stones back regardless of the work quality and I'm very happy to have them back. Now that I have them though, I'm extremely disappointed in the quality. What I got was glued together stock components and not nearly like the CAD. There are also burn marks on the basket of one earring. At least the stones weren't ruined I guess.

Oh well, buyer beware.
I had some very glaring quality issues with his work as well. He made some stackers for me, damaged one of the stones, 3 of the 5 stones were loose in their bezels, another ring literally shattered at the band due to being poorly cast etc... The jeweler I took his wares to was appalled at the workmanship. Needless to say I wrote him off long before he started trying to keep peoples things.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should have been down long ago but that's old news now. Did everyone get their stuff back?

relaxkuma

Rough_Rock
Sorry to drag this topic back up but does anyone have any other contact info for him? I ordered back in February and never received my order. I would of course like to get my deposit back but I'm guessing it's too late now that he's closed his etsy shop. Wish I had found this topic before I placed my order :((

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
If you paid via paypal, his email address should be on there, which gets you his last name

Through some google sleuthing you should be able to find a mailing address. If not, there's a listing on whitepages.com for Caren.

relaxkuma

Rough_Rock
Thank you deskjockey! I really appreciate your help! :bigsmile:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
If you can't find it, I'll ask the mods if there's a way to get a message to you without posting our emails here. Good luck!

relaxkuma

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to thank you again deskjockey! I was able to get my deposit refunded today thanks to your help :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
relaxkuma|1450428096|3962959 said:
Just wanted to thank you again deskjockey! I was able to get my deposit refunded today thanks to your help :love:

I am glad you received your refund right away but does that mean that if you never reach out to him, he would not refund you? That is a disturbing thought.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1450444143|3962984 said:

I am glad you received your refund right away but does that mean that if you never reach out to him, he would not refund you? That is a disturbing thought.

I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't sound like they were concerned with contacting her to say they have closed and need to get her money refunded. :confused: I'm glad it was refunded quickly once it came to their attention. :clap:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
GregS|1446159642|3943640 said:
I had some very glaring quality issues with his work as well. He made some stackers for me, damaged one of the stones, 3 of the 5 stones were loose in their bezels, another ring literally shattered at the band due to being poorly cast etc... The jeweler I took his wares to was appalled at the workmanship. Needless to say I wrote him off long before he started trying to keep peoples things.

I did too. I had him make a pair of studs for me, they were so badly made that I never put them in my ears even once. The prongs sticking so far up would have torn my hair out. It was a complete waste of my money, but now I feel lucky that he didn't damage my diamonds.

relaxkuma

Rough_Rock
Rockinruby|1450506854|3963400 said:
Chrono|1450444143|3962984 said:

I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't sound like they were concerned with contacting her to say they have closed and need to get her money refunded. :confused: I'm glad it was refunded quickly once it came to their attention. :clap:

You can imagine my shock when I checked the Etsy page and saw that the shop was closed (it looks like it closed last month?!) with no contact from them. :cry: I placed my order so long ago that I was already out of all the Etsy/PayPal buyer protections so I was relieved to receive the refund. Thanks for all your support!

eilaina

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm needing some suggestions on what to do. Dan has my stuff and the last I heard from him was early October 2015. He has since stopped responding to me. He made me a DBTY necklace in late 2010. Two of the diamonds fell out and I contacted Dan in July 2015 and he said he would repair and replace them for me. Since I was shipping the necklace to him, I also shipped a tourmaline for him to set. The only money I paid him was to set the tourmaline into a ring - about $90, paid via credit card.

When I send a convo via Etsy, it appears to go through but since his shop is closed, I'm not really sure if it is actually going through.

I found his email when I paid him via Paypal last time in 2010 and emailed him 2 weeks ago. I have not received a response. I have his mailing address where I shipped my stuff and that is a PO Box address. I can mail him a letter I guess but not sure if that will do anything if he does not check his business mail box.

If someone has contacted him recently, could I please have his email? I just really want my stuff back, fixed or not.

Thank you so much!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results