shape
carat
color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
As an update I've gotten a few more notes from him and was told things would be in the mail today with refund via paypal. I got back to him with the addresses, etc (it was in a note to him a couple notes ago too, but w/e).

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone's things turn up. We've seen before that the message and the action is often not connected...........for once, I hope it is!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
FYI my refund just came through.

I really don't think he's a bad person, and will admit some small bit of blame, I think if I'd been more insistent the whole time this would have come through much earlier. I would write a note and then get sidetracked and forget about it a while, etc. Feeling somewhat positively that we've gotten to resolution.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ,
Very happy that you finally received your refund. I hope others with stones get them back soon.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1430322990|3869679 said:
FYI my refund just came through.

I really don't think he's a bad person, and will admit some small bit of blame, I think if I'd been more insistent the whole time this would have come through much earlier. I would write a note and then get sidetracked and forget about it a while, etc. Feeling somewhat positively that we've gotten to resolution.

Yay! Have you received your stones as well?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Don't have a tracking number yet, hopefully in a bit.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust your way, DJ

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DJ, very glad that you've got your refund! Crossing fingers for you and for myself to get our packages! I've got tracking numbers, but it says that only the labels were created and packages did not move yet anywhere....probably not at the PO yet..... :doh:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Stone is back, along with my old ring.

I wish I'd gotten a bit tougher earlier, but all is well now. I hope whatever caused all this mess is settled....

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Hurray! Congrats :)

I'm feeling much better about my project with him now.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1430502537|3870655 said:
Stone is back, along with my old ring.
I wish I'd gotten a bit tougher earlier, but all is well now. I hope whatever caused all this mess is settled....

Huzzah! I am so over the moon for you, DJ. Very much so. :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Excellent news! I am wary of sending stones out these days and only set one thing this past few years. The only Etsy person I may use again maybe be Sally @HeartsofWater.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
dj, glad to hear you got your things back.

Lovinggems, I know what you mean. I really would like to use Sally; I've just got to get over the mail-around-the-world thing.

airplay355, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but do not let your guard down on your project. I don't know if you've taken the considerable amount of time it takes to read this entire thread, but this really is a business you don't want to do business with.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DJ.......so GLAD you FINALLY have your items/$$ back. :appl: That said, I would not believe that things are or will be any better in the future since this past year has been extremely disappointing.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
This is off-topic, but what IS a reasonable timeline when you're working with a vendor and shipping him your stone to set in one of their standard design offerings?

I have a small project in the works with someone else and he's had my stone since April 10. He's a reputable vendor and I'm not worried about a situation like in this thread, but I'm wondering what folks think is a typical/reasonable timeframe. I feel like most vendors I have worked with take longer than the quoted time, but maybe it's just a string of bad luck.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on their workload; it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, which is why I always ask the vendor when they estimate the work to be completed, make sure communication is always prompt and usually things go well once the expectation is set, clear and acknowledged by both parties.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, DJ! Now you can have some peace! As to anyone else, I hope it all works out expeditiously and for those undertaking new projects with him (I wouldn't risk it), here's to hoping he has worked out all his problems and kinks and can back to his jewelry business.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Texasj, my experience with sally was phenomenal :)

I think I had it back in a month? And it was a semi custom design too. I think initially she said six weeks but something fell out of her queue. Despite this experience I wouldn't think twice about sending anything to get, international shipping was very easy :)

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Chrono|1430509269|3870772 said:
It depends on their workload; it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, which is why I always ask the vendor when they estimate the work to be completed, make sure communication is always prompt and usually things go well once the expectation is set, clear and acknowledged by both parties.
It also depends on their popularity. I would say that 4-8 weeks is more typically the norm for a completely custom project, unless it's a rush job.

I wish nothing but the best for everyone involved.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1430322990|3869679 said:
FYI my refund just came through. * * *
deskjockey|1430502537|3870655 said:
Stone is back, along with my old ring. * * *

I am thrilled on your behalf by this welcome, albeit long overdue, development. You must be so relieved to able to put this year-long saga behind you -- and to finally receive not only a refund, but also your ring & the stone you'd said would be tough to replace if it was not returned to you (whew!)

Here's hoping that Roi and outlaw can soon report positive outcomes as well.

hallelujah_.jpg

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! I'm very happy for DJ! :appl:

My stuff is in the mail, hurray-hurray-hurray!!! It may take a bit longer to get it, so i'll be back when package arrives :wavey:

Surely, outlaw will get the happy end as well :pray:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very lovely! :clap:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Really glad to hear people are getting their projects (or stones and refunds) back!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Airplay I think they look great. :)

MollyMalone|1430586251|3871198 said:
but also your ring & the stone you'd said would be tough to replace if it was not returned to you (whew!)

It's almost funny how hard it was to find a small topaz of non-spectacular color, LOL (would have been easy if I didn't care about cut! I guess the good cutters don't like dealing with topaz that small unless it's really amazing color, not worth the energy to cut the stuff)

The old ring is interesting too, the topaz looks like it would have been AMAZING (yet small) if it had been cut well. It's very shallow, hugely windowed, but you can see when you tilt it some really amazing flashes and color. Can't really recut it, it would probably end up about a 4mm round if I did that (not that I mind tiny stones, LOL... but not worth the $$ to send it out to be done).

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
airplay, it is so lovely anniversary gift! Glad that you will get them in time! :) :) :)

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
has everyone either gotten their stones back, gotten the item, or received a refund? Curious mind is asking because i have a zircon I would realllllly like for him to set (ring) Carolyn

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new-beginning|1439691884|3915046 said:
has everyone either gotten their stones back, gotten the item, or received a refund? Curious mind is asking because i have a zircon I would realllllly like for him to set (ring) Carolyn

After reading this years long saga that many PSers went through, you are still willing to risk your stone and money? Seriously?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1439820229|3915548 said:
new-beginning|1439691884|3915046 said:

After reading this years long saga that many PSers went through, you are still willing to risk your stone and money? Seriously?

+1!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results