texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
DJ, please let us know when you get your things back. :nono:

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Any developments here?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Can folks share if this issue has been resolved? Are custom project times back to normal, or are posters still waiting for their stones and projects?

(I hope it's ok to bump this...)

sisxixon

Rough_Rock
I'd love to know, too. I'm considering commissioning a project from him, but became skittish after reading this thread.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
As a past customer, I would not even risk it. I had a simple job done, it took one whole week for him to even pick up the item I sent from the post office. I used David Klass for the next project and in less time, he took apart a band and recreated a whole new band for me. Plus his prices were a fraction of what I thought it would cost me.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not going to pile on since it's pretty obvious how I feel if you've read the thread.

Good to know about David Klass. Does anyone know if he works in sterling?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
blingbunny10|1428805286|3860671 said:
Can folks share if this issue has been resolved? Are custom project times back to normal, or are posters still waiting for their stones and projects?

(I hope it's ok to bump this...)

Believe it or not (sorry to extend this thread) I still have not been refunded, nor gotten my stone and old setting back.

Have gone to outside help as suggested on the last page. :/

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Believe it or not (sorry to extend this thread) I still have not been refunded, nor gotten my stone and old setting back.

Have gone to outside help as suggested on the last page. :/[/quote]

Deskjockey, thank you for the update. I am so sorry to hear you have had no resolution especially after being so patient. I have been following this thread and it has been especially helpful for those of us who might have gone to this vendor. There is no excuse at this point especially after you've been so understanding. I can't imagine any personal situation that would keep them from getting your stone, setting or refund back after this very long time period. How frustrating! :wall: Sending positive energy that this will get worked out soon. Hugs! PS. I haven't quite figured out the quote function so hope this works. :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ,
Sorry to read this. If you don't mind, when did you report this? I'm just wondering how long it takes to see any action taken.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I filled out a form about a month ago, but to be fair to everyone else, as usual I'm not the best at following up (I did get an email to say they had received my complaint). I keep getting sidetracked by life, LOL

I figured that if I ever got everything resolved I would let you guys know. :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whew.. he's still listed on ETSY.. I don't think I would use this guy. ever.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
texaskj|1428884533|3861012 said:
I'm not going to pile on since it's pretty obvious how I feel if you've read the thread.

Good to know about David Klass. Does anyone know if he works in sterling?

Yes DK works in silver and will Rhodium plate too.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Gads, dj, sorry to hear that.

And NonieMarie, thank you soooooooo much for that info.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
texaskj|1429064313|3861995 said:

Eh, ultimately it is First World Problems.

:)

Though if I get the refund in time, there's a lovely little vintage ring I'd really like to grab with it, LOL.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1429103660|3862196 said:
texaskj|1429064313|3861995 said:

Eh, ultimately it is First World Problems.

:)

Though if I get the refund in time, there's a lovely little vintage ring I'd really like to grab with it, LOL.

I do hope you get refunded soon. This has lasted long enough now.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh I sent $1k worth of stones and paid a $500 deposit...it's been two weeks of no communication now. I thought he had good reviews and he was very responsive in the beginning (until I shipped my stones).

What's going on? I'm very stressed now.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
He responded last night. I'll keep updating the thread throughout my experience. I feel better now at least :)

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
airplay355|1429873518|3867030 said:
He responded last night. I'll keep updating the thread throughout my experience. I feel better now at least :)

Yeah, been there...

If he gets your stuff out, it will likely be beautiful and you will be very happy with it.

If he doesn't - just don't let 3 months go by. Even if he's saying it's almost done or it will be in the mail the next week, you can't leave etsy feedback outside that window of time. That's why he has a 5 star rating while a number of people are really unhappy.

He got back to me last week saying I'd be refunded and my stuff would be returned with tracking information over the weekend. I do not see a refund, I have not gotten any tracking information. If all this was mailed to me, I haven't seen it yet. I feel like the stupidest person in the world, I am too kind, hate being confrontational and demanding, and too prone to thinking the best of people. My first couple purchases with him went perfectly well. Now I feel duped. Looking back over the communication... I hate myself for letting it go so long, especially with the smart people here telling me not to. I know it's not worth a lot of money but it's still MY stuff.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DJ, ease up on yourself. You did not cause this to happen and your nature/personality had nothing to do with it. We all know how difficult this has been. Have you gotten in touch with the people you filed with......AG or others? Definitely follow up with them and ask them to get involved (again) because it has not been resolved---and ask if they have contacted him at all? I suspect that Daniel may be reading this forum given the immediate response to the previous poster. Might be coincidence, but like every part of this puzzle it's another piece. If so...........DANIEL GET THIS REFUND/RETURN DONE N-O-W!!!! :roll: DJ, continue pursuing outside involvement on this matter and contact Daniel stating he has not fulfilled his 'most recent' promise from last week.........KEEP all correspondence. You probably are, but just wanted to emphasize this point..........

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I'm keeping it. It's all one big giant long thread, it's something like 70 messages long now.

I don't know what the requirements are for being a registered business in Massachusetts - do you know? Do etsy businesses have to do that? Because I couldn't find him in the business database anywhere, either under "Daniel M" or his whole name.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, deskjockey! I'm sorry to hear that this is STILL unresolved. I recently contacted DanielM and mentioned the recent backlog, and he said he was all caught up now, and he was happy to take on new orders.... :wall: I do hope your issue gets sorted out soon.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1429885853|3867112 said:
Yeah, I'm keeping it. It's all one big giant long thread, it's something like 70 messages long now.

I don't know what the requirements are for being a registered business in Massachusetts - do you know? Do etsy businesses have to do that? Because I couldn't find him in the business database anywhere, either under "Daniel M" or his whole name.

I would think that if he's doing business with Etsy and as Daniel M that he darn well should be registered as a business in MA. If you filed with the AG of MA then I'd contact them again about this issue. If you haven't filed with them, I'd certainly contact them about this question as well. Unfortunately...........this kind of process involves you getting yourself into the action due to his inaction! The BBB is an option too.........although that is mostly for show, IMO. But it does add another layer to his problems.............

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Supposedly I'll have CADs this weekend. I mentioned this thread in one of my previous messages ( I asked him to send back my stones, refund my deposit less $50 for shipping and his time). He said he had already ordered the diamonds and that he would have him done within the original 3 week timeframe (which is by next Thursday). I'm at least getting responses so that's a good sign I guess. :wall:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1429891382|3867177 said:
deskjockey|1429885853|3867112 said:
I would think that if he's doing business with Etsy and as Daniel M that he darn well should be registered as a business in MA....
DanielM Jewelry or DanielM would show up in the MA Secretary of State's database only if it's a corporation or limited liability business entity. Lots of small businesses, especially home-based ones, don't bother incorporating or creating a formal partnership.

Even as a (informal) sole proprietorship or general partnership, however, he should have registered the Doing Business As status since the business isn't operating under his true, full name & failing to make the DBA filings renders you subject to a $300 fine for every month you've operated without being registered. But DBA registration is done in MA at the local town/city level & Salem doesn't maintain an online database of its DBA certificates you can search.

The etsy site no longer includes any info under a Policies header. I'm surprised that etsy doesn't insist (as MA expects of retailers within its borders) that vendors spell out their return-refund policies up-front for all to see.

deskjockey, please don't hate yourself! He's the one deserving of scorn (and more). I'd like to see if any of my law school classmates are in the Essex County DA's Office or the Massachusetts AG's Office so you could have the name and number of a specific person there. Can I contact you through DiamondBistro or LoupeTroop?

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joining the club, i have being waiting now for 5 months.....but i have my order ready, but not shipped yet (one month passed by.....) :wall: I wander will i ever see the stuff?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to read this Roi...........NO ONE wants to be in this club! Do consider some of the suggestions Molly M has made as well as stay in touch here.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Did he end up in some financial trouble and use this as a way to get himself some quick cash? Why not just return peoples things?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's obviously using stall tactics. I would just request everything back regardless of the promises he makes. I don't think communication is a guarantee people will see their completed pieces, gems, or money back. I'm very sorry to relay this, as it's depressing reading this thread. I would also leave negative reviews on etsy as he still is obtaining customers, and that is wrong and deceptive. I can't believe that as of today, he still has perfect reviews. This boggles my mind.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry/reviews?ref=shop_info

Note the last review was Feb 12 of this year, so obviously he's not getting stuff back to people, otherwise there would be more recent reviews.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others and think you are playing with fire airplay :(sad

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Are the people who haven't gotten their things back pursuing lawsuits? Does anyone know enough information about him to track him down?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results