color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1439832531|3915651 said:
Chrono|1439820229|3915548 said:
new-beginning|1439691884|3915046 said:
has everyone either gotten their stones back, gotten the item, or received a refund? Curious mind is asking because i have a zircon I would realllllly like for him to set (ring) Carolyn

After reading this years long saga that many PSers went through, you are still willing to risk your stone and money? Seriously?

+1!

+1 more!

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
I guess we will find out - Dan has made two ring mountings for me in the past, so I am going to 'trust' him to make another one for me. Will let everyone know what happens (stone was only $50).

carolyn

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new-beginning|1439855973|3915803 said:
I guess we will find out - Dan has made two ring mountings for me in the past, so I am going to 'trust' him to make another one for me. Will let everyone know what happens (stone was only $50).

carolyn

Wow. I'm shocked by this. Best of luck I hope it works out

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I subscribed to this thread when this mystery was growing and the concerns expressed by many PSer's for this vendor were in play. I thought it was pretty clear it's still a mystery and the vendor has never explained anything--so for me, it doesn't matter what happens--good, bad or otherwise. :wall: If I want to gamble I'll play Texas Hold'em or BlackJack....... :naughty:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DanielM must have some absolutely amazing work if there are PS'ers who are willing to roll the dice with him and gamble after the mess in this thread.

Please keep us updated Carolyn; despite the fact that many will probably never use him again, I could still imagine there are a few here that would want to see if he has managed to get back on track.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't worked with DanielM but had wanted to; I'd actually emailed them twice via etsy to ask for quotes, but both times, they took too long to get back to me (I'd already received quotes back from the other people in the interim, and didn't want to keep waiting for a reply, so I just went ahead with other vendors).

It's really a shame that all of this happened...but maybe Daniel just doesn't want our business anymore. Maybe it's just more than he can deal with, for whatever reason... I have no clue, of course. But if he did want to gain back the trust of PSers, I can't imagine why he wouldn't have tried to address this situation in some way. I've admired his work so much, but I don't think I could ever work with him in the future. For me to even consider it, he would need to speak out publicly and give some explanation, plus an assurance that his future work would be reliable. (I don't know that he would be allowed to address such things here on PS; it would need to be on his etsy page, I guess - but it would have to happen to even get most of us to consider using him again).

He did seem to mail back everyone's gems or complete the projects that he had left; so I don't think anyone was actually "scammed"; but it was a colossal waste of time and energy, a huge letdown, plus wasted money on shipping fees, etc, for those that had issues with him.

I don't know, this whole thing was nuts....

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Rockinruby said:
has everyone either gotten their stones back, gotten the item, or received a refund? Curious mind is asking because i have a zircon I would realllllly like for him to set (ring) Carolyn

After reading this years long saga that many PSers went through, you are still willing to risk your stone and money? Seriously?

+1!

+1 more!

+1. And just to make this point: this is Chrono's version of yelling at someone. :bigsmile:

Chrono is the wisest, calmest poster I've ever met. She has the patience of a saint. :saint:

If Chrono is feeling :wall: , well, that's saying something.

My take on it: a fool and his money are soon parted.

(this is the beauty of old sayings, they are so True and timeless, it's quite remarkable)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1440180466|3917288 said:
Rockinruby said:

+1!

+1 more!

+1. And just to make this point: this is Chrono's version of yelling at someone. :bigsmile:

Chrono is the wisest, calmest poster I've ever met. She has the patience of a saint. :saint:

If Chrono is feeling :wall: , well, that's saying something.

My take on it: a fool and his money are soon parted.

(this is the beauty of old sayings, they are so True and timeless, it's quite remarkable)

Yup! I do think its funny that *I believe* this is the same poster who we accused of being a shill when she showed up the first time in support of Daniel M.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minoux, it was ricezo who was "greeted" with skepticism when she first posted in this thread.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1440186777|3917351 said:
minoux, it was ricezo who was "greeted" with skepticism when she first posted in this thread.

Whoops! I stand corrected. Sorry about that new-beginnings! :oops: MM: thanks for catching my assumption faux pas. :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
MollyMalone|1440186777|3917351 said:

Yup that was me! :D

I'm not going to stir the pot here but new-beginnings I hope this works out for you and you get a beautiful piece of jewellery.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
glad that got sorted out - nope, not a shill for any vendor - I rarely post, but I have been on here for years (even longer than my profile indicates).

Dan has made two rings for me - he totally understands my 'style'. After the problems earlier, I had a pink tourmaline set by a gal on the West coast who totally ignored what I wanted - it was inexpensive ($100) so I just kept the ring and it will go to a family member.

I will admit I thought long and hard about going with Dan again, but I decided I like his work well enough to chance it and see what happens. With a more expensive stone or something 'irreplaceable' I probably would have done something different.

If this works out OK, I have another (easy) project I will ask Dan to do for me, so I guess I'll just wait and see. He said around 2-3 weeks turnaround. I will be sending the stone out tomorrow (real life has interfered with me getting to the Post Office).

CMM

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's to hoping that fewer clients, a relatively easy job, and a client he knows and likes is a recipe for success. Sending dust your way, n-b!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Good luck New-Beginning! I really do hope it works out for you, but please do let everyone know how it turns out. :wavey:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck :)

Even with my experience, I really would like to see some nice finished products and see that things are going well.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
sent stone off Saturday, insured first class, USPS says it should arrive tomorrow - will keep everyone posted as to how it goes, Carolyn

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish you all the best again Carolyn, hopefully this works out for you and I am interested to see how it goes so please keep us updated. Of all the jobs that DanielM has had in this thread, this one could very well be the most important for his future business with PS'ers.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1440516926|3918996 said:
I wish you all the best again Carolyn, hopefully this works out for you and I am interested to see how it goes so please keep us updated. Of all the jobs that DanielM has had in this thread, this one could very well be the most important for his future business with PS'ers.

Doubt it. This one job is unlikely to mitigate the many disappointed PSers and months of damage done. :(sad

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 Agree!!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
new-beginning|1439855973|3915803 said:

carolyn

Please do. Good luck! :)

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
if you are interested in the timeline for my project, I was a week late in shipping the stone to him.

06 September, 2015.

Hi Carolyn,

I just wanted to let you know I have received your stone and will get started on the CAD drawing and send some pics to you this week.

Thanks
Dan

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
rec'd CAD of mounting on the 7th and have approved it as of today (9th) (I had computer problems for two days), so will see what happens next.
Can I post the image from my computer or does it need to already be on Picasa or some such site?
CMM

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
You can post directly from your computer. Glad to hear the project is moving along

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
I have never been successful in posting a picture. mounting3.jpg with any luck I might actually be successful this time! CMM

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
Dan finished the ring last week, he will be shipping it to me this week. cmm

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great news Carolyn, did Daniel send any pics of the ring completed?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results