shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite vendor for MRB diamonds?

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some popular ones on this site for example: HPD-CBI, WhiteFlash, Brian Gavin, James Allen, Blue Nile, Adiamor, B2C, IDJ. What is your favorite?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wink from High Performance Diamonds (HPD) vendor; Crafted by Infinity (CBI) diamonds. I've been a happy customer of Wink's for 10 years as of this month.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some popular ones on this site for example: HPD-CBI, WhiteFlash, Brian Gavin, James Allen, Blue Nile, Adiamor, B2C, IDJ. What is your favorite?
I have had purchased from these 3 great vendors in the past. We purchased our daughter's E-ring from BGD. Lesley and Brain is great to work with.:clap:. My current stone is from (Wink) HPD...:love:. Wink is here to make friends not money...:lol:

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve purchased from BGD and Whiteflash in the past and their jewelry is top quality. I’m purchasing a 3+ carat engagement ring upgrade from HPD. Haven’t seen the finished product yet but customer service has been outstanding and I would definitely use them again!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve purchased from Whiteflash and BGD in the past and have had stellar experiences with them.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined PS in 2004 and wanted to get a tennis bracelet with .33 stones (already had one with .17s). Talked with Brian Gavin from WF and @Wink from Winfield's at the time (now HPD). Brian never called back with an estimate so Wink got the job. He has been my personal jeweler since 2004.

Next project was recutting a 3.05 sapphire with Richard Homer, it turned out beautifully.

Then I met Paul and John in Petaluma CA and my love for CBI was born. First a Cut to Order diamond that finished at 2.21 F-SI1 that was set into a Vatche setting. I also bought the matching Vatche band.

Wink and Lieve (from CBI) obtained a 8.94 ctw parcel of FIY 20-pointer rounds to make a bracelet . The nine left over were used to make a pendant.

Next up was the 2.79 F-VS1 CBI that went into HPD Symphonie. Then the extra 2.21 F-SI1 was paired with two .53 F-VS1/2 to make 3-stone Trilogie.

Then on a lark, a 2.31 Q-VVS2 that was completely out of my comfort zone. That with my very first halo became Queen Pari.

Recently, HPD/CBI lowered their prices so I couldn't let a 2.18 E-VS1 mindclean stone get away since it was within .01mm of the 2.21 F-SI1 it replaced. Normally within .20mm could be set, but .01mm was perfect to reuse Trilogie.

My five CBIs are now all VVS2, VS1, and VS2. The 3 major stones (2.31, 2.79, and 2.18 ct ) are VVS2 and VS1.

I have been very happy with the diamonds, jewelry, and service from HPD. Their CBI diamonds are to die for imo. HPD has been my go to jeweler since 2004.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased two diamonds from Whiteflash and couldn't be more pleased with their service or their product. I think you'll find that folks that have dealt with a particular vendor will site them as their favorite - for obvious reasons. I think that all of the super ideal vendors that are showcased here on PS are very customer service oriented and all have top of the line cut quality diamonds.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I had an absolutely amazing experience with Whiteflash and seriously love the diamond they sold me. I would not hesitate to go there again (this is good because they now own me with the upgrade policy, lol) or refer my very best friends. From the forums, I would not hesitate to go to HPD either.

I would say WF and HPD are my favourites for MRB. I read good things about BG but the upgrade policy is not as good as WF and HPD.

I did have great experience with Good Old Gold (more recently, with Jon’s son David), but it was not for an MRB. If I was shopping for a non-branded ideal MRB, I would feel comfortable with GOG.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash, hands down. Their diamonds are beautiful and their customer service is amazing.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Along with some of the previously mentioned vendors, Victor Canera, Grace at Jewels by Grace are at the top of my list..... Adam at OWD provided you get him by phone and not email is also a lovely guy. All 3 sell modern cut stones not just Antique cut ones.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold when Jon worked there. Best fun EVER was an afternoon in their showroom, driving my friend, Darren, mad and trying on everything in the store. :mrgreen:
Yup, Jon is an ex vendor!. :clap:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash is my favorite. Beautiful stones, lovely people, and they always do the right thing. Not to mention the ever so diplomatic Texas Leaguer
who is happy to share his diamond knowledge and words of wisdom.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I have bought from both Whiteflash and Brian Gavin and quality was excellent from both. I have made multiple purchases from Brian Gavin and their service is superb and Lesley is an absolute pleasure to work with, from the first time I contacted her 8 years ago until just this week, always consistently the best.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash is my favorite. Beautiful stones, lovely people, and they always do the right thing. Not to mention the ever so diplomatic Texas Leaguer
who is happy to share his diamond knowledge and words of wisdom
Yes, I agree -- he's a true gentleman, and I always learn something from his posts. We are lucky to have so many kind and knowledgeable tradespeople on this site.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Depends what you want. Lot's of hand holding? Lowest price? Special imaging? Upgrade policy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results