shape
carat
color
clarity

What gemstones can be light pink?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 12:45:37 PM
Author: Chrono
Sorry...it is Vallejo.
emembarrassed.gif
Thanks Freke.
2.gif
I blame living in New Mexico. Too many spanish words ''round these here parts. Otherwise I never would have noticed!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had good luck with a few ebay sellers. One of which is a US cutter/seller. And the other is a Thai seller that I got my small spess from (inspired by VR Beauty).

You have to be careful. And personally buying anything other than a round or trillion on ebay with A LOT of close up pics is a gamble. Because ovals, pears,cushions are so stone specific.

The gem shows are great fun to go to. You really get to see the gems in real life. And I find I MUCH prefer that. Plus you can haggle a bit. There's one up here in mid July that I am hoping I can afford to go to. Because I really love the experience of buying gems in person.

I'd like to buy from Vallejo, but he rarely has anything in a color I'd like.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/22/2009 7:12:05 PM
Author: Gypsy
I''ve had good luck with a few ebay sellers. One of which is a US cutter/seller. And the other is a Thai seller that I got my small spess from (inspired by VR Beauty).

You have to be careful. And personally buying anything other than a round or trillion on ebay with A LOT of close up pics is a gamble. Because ovals, pears,cushions are so stone specific.

The gem shows are great fun to go to. You really get to see the gems in real life. And I find I MUCH prefer that. Plus you can haggle a bit. There''s one up here in mid July that I am hoping I can afford to go to. Because I really love the experience of buying gems in person.

I''d like to buy from Vallejo, but he rarely has anything in a color I''d like.

Gypsy,

Would you be willing to share which sellers on Ebay you have had good luck with?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve only bought citrines and garnets hon.
The US seller''s citrines were lovely and exactly as described, and she had some peridots I wanted but they sold before I could make up my mind. jomiruff is the name. Hasn''t got anything up now though.

The two thai seller''s I bought garnets from are: sam_sun_gems but his pics are doctored for some of his items. But a pair of 5 mm reddish garnets are lovely, and real. I wouldn''t buy anything over 20 bucks from him. But he does post profile shots. And my garnets are just as advertised (though the picture is clearly one he re-uses for all his reddish round 5 mm garnets). These are going into some Stuller Martini settings.

gemdesignstone is the other seller. I bought 5 4.5mm spess garnets from them. In the pics they looked bright orange with a little brown (which I don''t mind), not top color but pretty. And that''s exactly what I got. They are really pretty and GLOW and all very very very close in size. And they too are real. Again, wouldn''t spend over 20 bucks though. I want to make these into a band. But am torn on bezeling them or not.

These are not ''top color'' the sellers that typically photoshop their pics do so to remove the ''undesirable'' tint a stone may have. In spess the undesirable color is brown. But I like a little brown, so I was fine buying them, knowing they would likely have some.

Your problem is you are looking for baby pink. You don''t want a grey stone or a brown stone or a champagne or apricot stone. You want baby pink. And morganite, for example, is one where you will either get a badly tinted one, or a white one that''s been saturated to look pink in pics.

I understand the ''want it, and want it NOW'' aspect of this. And if that''s what you want, I would SERIOUSLY urge you to spend the 165 on that pink oval of Rick''s at Art Cut Gems, he has a great return policy and if you don''t like it after having held it any seem it in person, just send it back. But that stone is the color you are looking for. The price is very good, and Rick is very reputable. I know you''re not loving ovals, but when you see them in person (in my experience) if it''s a nice oval, they really are quite lovely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/23/2009 2:32:22 PM
Author: Gypsy
http://www.precisiongem.com/html/html/PinkTourmaline.html GEM 871 is EXACTLY what you are looking for 3 carat tourmaline, light pink, cushion and TWO HUNDRED BUCKS!!!!

Quick snatch that baby up!!!

Thanks!!! What does it mean that in the ''more details'' section, it says that the stone has a ''purer pink'' in daylight?

And what is the veil? Should I request more photos?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look at the picture, the pink looks sort of desaturated or grayish. What he means is that the pink colour is stronger when viewed under natural sunlight. A veil is a type of inclusion and this one looks to run across the stone and is sometimes visible and sometimes not, depending on the lighting. I suppose this is part of the reason why it is inexpensive.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Update!

The pink tourmaline from Precision Gems has arrived but I haven''t seen it yet. I was having a surgery done up North and so I put that address as my shipping address. I ended up leaving early, so my parents are shipping it to me! They say it is gorgeous but I haven''t seen it yet. Hopefully in 2-3 days I can post pics! I am so excited about this project.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! the vendor pic is beautiful! be sure to take lots of pics when it arrives
31.gif

I''m sure having a new gemmy to play with will make you feel better from surgery
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results