shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your everyday necklace look like?

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Re: What does your everyday necklace look like?

Hmmm, don't know why they're sideways! Sorry.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

AP1976, I can see why that is one of your favorites. It's history alone makes it special and I think as a ring it would be amazing. It looks like it has some size to it too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmedOne|1349565615|3280742 said:
DS, They are truly gorgeous. I love SS pearls. I think that is why I got rid of my DBTY, I didn't think you could wear a pendant with it. Ugh! Now I'm sure I will pay way more now, unless I get lucky enough to find one on eBay for a good price ;-)

I couldn't believe it but almost the exact DBY I needed came up on the pre-loved forum! I had the Beaudry pendant first and since it is platinum, I wanted a platinum chain. But having that made would have been expensive! So I was thrilled to fine one like new on the pre-loved forum! I may get other pendants to use with it, too.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1349563843|3280731 said:
Oh, I love seeing all the pendants! My true everyday pendant I don't have a picture of! It is a little diamond cross from the Roberto Coin tiny treasures collection in 18k white gold.

But you asked about wearing a pendant on a DBY necklace, and I do have a picture of my favorite cross pendant by Beaudry and WF DBY all in platinum. My other favorite pendant is a South Sea Pearl with rose cut diamond and double chain. Sorry for the bad pictures. They are so much prettier in person!

Oh DS, I LOVE that pearl pendant! Oh my! Going on my wish list! I have a lovely pink pearl pendant but the rose cut diamond just makes it such an interesting piece. :appl:

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

What lovely pieces! I have this heart shaped locket from my sister and it holds pictures of my youngest sons kissing their grandfather. Soooo, I was wearing it daily but I traded out the 16" 14k chain for a longer 22" chainthat is g.f. and I think I may have a rash from it.
guess that's next on my list.
dsc01376.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom|1349572009|3280794 said:
diamondseeker2006|1349563843|3280731 said:
Oh, I love seeing all the pendants! My true everyday pendant I don't have a picture of! It is a little diamond cross from the Roberto Coin tiny treasures collection in 18k white gold.

But you asked about wearing a pendant on a DBY necklace, and I do have a picture of my favorite cross pendant by Beaudry and WF DBY all in platinum. My other favorite pendant is a South Sea Pearl with rose cut diamond and double chain. Sorry for the bad pictures. They are so much prettier in person!

Oh DS, I LOVE that pearl pendant! Oh my! Going on my wish list! I have a lovely pink pearl pendant but the rose cut diamond just makes it such an interesting piece. :appl:

Thank you! That was one of my best finds ever. I had been looking for a SS pendant for a long time. I saw that one and thought it must be fine quality due to the design and detail (especially the rose cut diamond). After getting it, I found it online at about 4 times the price I paid! That made me like it even more! :lol:

portia

Brilliant_Rock

I love the DBTY necklaces. I always wanted one of those. They're so pretty!!

Here's mine (but not on me). Lana three strand. I live in this necklace. It's so delicate I don't even notice I'm wearing it.

lana.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Aww wordie69, how sweet is that :)

Portia, I have never seen one like that before. I love the layered look. There are so many possibilities with DBTY. Wow the choices are endless. Now I want a sapphire and diamond one.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

Hi xsouzie, Could you tell me about the size of your DBTY necklace: how many stones, cwt and length of chain. I'm trying to work out what I'm looking for for my diamond cross pendant and your dbty chain is closest to what I'm looking for.

thanks,
Elizabeth

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock

ElizabethR|1349804363|3282268 said:
Hi xsouzie, Could you tell me about the size of your DBTY necklace: how many stones, cwt and length of chain. I'm trying to work out what I'm looking for for my diamond cross pendant and your dbty chain is closest to what I'm looking for.

thanks,
Elizabeth

Hi!
It's 0.60ctw, 10 diamonds and 15 inches.
HTH

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock

missy|1349309445|3278942 said:
Circe, - your necklaces are TDF! I love love love the Egyptian necklace that turqouise and gold combo :love: - blue is my favorite color so I am partial to anything blue and your necklace is amazing. Love it! :love: I cannot wait to see it with your new turquoise studs!

xsouzie, love your necklace and ring. Beautiful- it would be great if you wanted to start a thread in show me the bling with your ring. Lovely!

threadjack
Thank you for the compliments re my curly hair Circe, CharmedOne and Madelise. That's really nice to hear because I spent my twenties blowing it straight and stopped in my thirties (mainly because it was too damaging but also because my dh prefers it curly). The best thing I can say about it is that it is easy (I never use a hairdryer anymore) in that I wash and go (after adding conditioner and scrunching with my dh's t-shirt :cheeky: ) but it is very fragile and a PITA in that way. I would kill for thick straight hair! Madelise- my hair is very fine/thin in texture and it only appears thick because I have a lot of it (so far-fingers crossed it stays that way)...

My apologies, I don't know how I missed your comment! :( I have a thread on it here...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-post-with-e-ring-pics-to-share.174078/

And may I also add that your DBTY looks awesome!! I hope to get one that size one day! :love:

jacy

Shiny_Rock

Very pretty everyday necklaces here! Asscherhalo, I LOVE your 3-diamond necklace! I wear a white gold half bezel .33 diamond pendant. The diamond is from my dear sister's engagement ring. It took me 6 years after she passed away to finally feel okay about resetting the diamond so I could wear it everyday as a necklace. When I do yellow gold, I wear my opal and diamond necklace (sorry no photo of that one).
Half bezel diamond pendant:
laurie.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Jacy, it's a beautiful pendant and a nice way to cherish your sister. I love the idea of turning a ring to a pendant. What great way to keep her close to your heart. Thank you for sharing. My MIL has a ring from her mom she never gets to wear, I will suggest this to her. It's such a great idea :)

jacy

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, CharmedOne, you're so sweet to say that. Yes, I thought by turning it into a necklace I would be able to wear it every day and keep her close to me this way. (I still have days when I wonder if I made the right decision, though.) The pendant is very small, so I'm already contemplating adding something to the design to make it more substantial. I'm not sure what I would do to it.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

You so welcome jacy :) You could do a halo around it or may a three stone dangle style/ lariat(sp?) pendant to give it some length. Maybe use different shaped diamonds. I think that would be really pretty.

jacy

Shiny_Rock

CharmedOne, thank you for your ideas. I have actually thought about doing either of these, both of which would be pretty. It takes me awhile to make this kind of decision!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My original ering diamond in a halo.

img_1581.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

AprilBaby, I love that! Thanks so much for the photo :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmedOne|1349899056|3282882 said:
AprilBaby, I love that! Thanks so much for the photo :)

+1 :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, Jacy, Aprilbaby's pendant is what yours would look like with the halo! I think that is a great solution! And in fact, I have a plain bezeled diamond pendant that I hope to halo next year!

jacy

Shiny_Rock

Yes, I'm really liking Aprilbaby's pendant, too, and I think that would be a great look for my diamond. Aprilbaby, what size stones are in your lovely pendant?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

.3ish OMC in a bezel. I don't usually take it off, unless I want to wear something else. I have a lot of something elses, but since I'm a SAHM, I don't really get very dressed up anymore...

img_3621.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild, I'm a SAHM too :) I love your necklace, it's simple, classic and timeless. Did you have it made or did you buy it like that?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild I love your necklace. I actually like my jewelry to be easy and I especially love necklaces that don't require a lot of care or attention. If it does I don't tend to wear them often. I am curious who the maker of yours is too.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

I haven't taken any proper pics of mine - but here are a couple of phone snaps I just took. I should make an effort and do it properly because the faceting on this stone is so symmetric and beautiful!

This is an L/VS1 (as I was told by Brian Gavin - it's uncerted), late OEC, 1.14ct in an 18ct WG fixed bezel made by BGD. I already had the stone, but had the pendant made to commemorate the birth of my daughter in February :)

_1271.jpg

pendantclose.jpg

3450_briangavin_pendant2_021412.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

WOW, that is amazing! Beautiful necklace and a lovely way to celebrate your daughter :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daniel M of etsy fame made it. The chain is actually from Blue Nile though- its what I got with my 10,000 posts gift. So DM combined the chain and the diamond and made them work together. :) he did great! It's all 14kt.

It's modeled after the Tiffany Aqua by the yard style of Colette bezel I believe it's called.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry I didn't get back faster, center is .38; side stones????

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

pancake|1350171707|3284769 said:
I haven't taken any proper pics of mine - but here are a couple of phone snaps I just took. I should make an effort and do it properly because the faceting on this stone is so symmetric and beautiful!

This is an L/VS1 (as I was told by Brian Gavin - it's uncerted), late OEC, 1.14ct in an 18ct WG fixed bezel made by BGD. I already had the stone, but had the pendant made to commemorate the birth of my daughter in February :)

pancake, I just love your solitaire necklace! So lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results