shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL--you''re exactly right, belle! I think the concept of the 1st dress is great, but it does nothing for the model. (only imagine that on a real body!) Yeah, something is just off about the 2nd dress too....

Thanks for cyber shopping with me, ladies. I don''t have too many girlfriends, I''m in NYC, my mom is in VA & MOH is in CA, so I''m doing some shopping on my own. Your input is really helpful!
1.gif
My poor FI had to take my measurements last night. (though he seemed to enjoy doing it!
31.gif
) I''m not sure if he got them right, though...
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
when are you expecting the j.crew dresses? i still like both of those.
do you know anyone that can sew?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the 2 J. Crew dresses yesterday & the first ones I posted today (Grecian looking one, lace one, Nicole Miller one & the ABS halter I posted earlier) from Nordstrom today. They all take about 5-8 business days to arrive. SO exciting! I hope they fit & I ordered them in the right size--how disappointing would it be if they were all too small?
38.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
cool! it is very exciting...i really hope one of them calls out to you!
2.gif

i was asking if you knew of anyone who sews, because it would be fairly easy to create something special that incorporates everything you want in a wedding dress.
3.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Brightspot-
You have to post pics of you in all the dresses!
1.gif

I just recently wore the short Sophia dress from JCrew to a wedding.
I was surprised at how well made it was. (not the best, but very nicely made.)
Their tri-ply silk is luscious! They move beautifully and feel really wonderful next to your skin.
Silk can be a little warm in the summer, and you have to be really careful of water marks.
The Ava dress should look DYNAMITE on you!

Oh* I just wanted to add, I loved Tayla on you!
Love the floatly chiffon. It reminded me of Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief.

Scintillating...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Belle, I really hope one calls out to me too! I'll be disappointed if there's not a winner in the bunch.
38.gif
My mom & Gran are going to be in the city next Mon.--hope the dresses are here by then so I can show them! I totally forgot to answer your question about someone who sews. No, I don't know anyone off-hand, but perhaps I could find someone? The custom ring was fun, maybe a custom dress would be cool too! Would it be really expensive to have something made for me?

Scintillating, thanks for your thoughts on the J. Crew dress. I'm curious to see how it looks & fits. It sounds yummy! Great point about the water spotting, though. I hadn't even thought of that. (and part of the appeal of the J. Crew dress is that I could actually wear it again---but not if it's ruined by water spots, a likely scenario for a beach wedding.) Hmmmm....do you think I should steer towards a synthetic material for this reason?

I'll definitely post pics of myself in the dresses...assuming they don't look embarassingly horrible!
32.gif
3.gif

Yeah, I love the Tayla too. It seems to have a bit of an old Hollywood glamour to it.
5.gif

Also, does anyone know of a good place to find sexy, flat sandals for the beach that won't sink into the sand? So far, that task is proving to be more difficult than expected.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot-

I''ve been meaning to read this thread since you started it, but then I had exams last week and have been busy with school... and I wanted to be able to read the whole thing! hehe, so I am a touch late.

However... wow, you seriously have such a fabulous body! And I love both Maggie Sottero dresses on you in the pics. So pretty! I can''t wait to see the JCrew ones too. They seem like they could be perfect for the beach. How exciting!! I''ll be waiting for you to get them in mail. Ooh how fun is it to get such fun stuff in the mail... haha I love fun mail

emme313

Rough_Rock
I especially like #1 amd #5. I love your idea of the "tiara" rather than a veil; I think that would be a great idea!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, icekid & emme. I''m between a tiara & flowers in my hair at this point--depends on the dress I wind up with!

So, I have more pictures for you! While I''m waiting for my packages to come in, I went to David''s Bridal to try on some dresses. Here are pictures of me in the ones I like. What do you think?

Here''s a Galina chiffon dress:

Galina chiffon.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
The back of the Galina chiffon dress

Galina chiffon back.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Galina satin dress

Galina satin.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Back of Galina satin dress:

Galina satin back.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Monique Luo organza dress

Monique front.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Back of Monique Luo dress

Monique back.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Flower detail on the side of Monique dress

Monique flower.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
And, finally, the train on the Monique Luo dress. It''s hard to tell this because the dress is so wrinkled, but the train has strips of organza on it. The whole dress is very light & floaty. It does have several layers of fabric, but they''re all organza w/ one thin layer of tulle, which I could remove if I wanted to. No satin, though, so it''s much lighter in weight than the Maggie Sottero dresses I tried on.

What do you guys think?

Monique train.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
*love* the monique luo dress!
3.gif

the galina chiffon is nice too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are just gorgeous. I love the Monique dress!!!! But the Galina is very pretty too!!!!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Girl you have a teenie tiny waist! Wow!

Scintillating...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee--thanks! I really love the Monique too! I got a little giddy when I tried it on.
19.gif
But, it''s a lot more fabric & a train...maybe not the best choice for me....but it''s so beautiful!

I hope the other dresses come in soon so I can compare!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! Those galina dress look spectacular on you! I tried on both of those, and I just felt like a blob in them! Esp. the chiffon one. The monique Luo is really pretty, but its quite different from the other styles of dresses you''ve been going for. Nothing wrong with that of course!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MelissaSue! I didn''t think I''d like the Galina dresses at all, but I actually do. I think the back of the chiffon one is quite lovely, but the front doesn''t do much for me.

I really do adore the Monique Luo dress, but it is indeed quite a departure from the last round of dresses I''ve been looking at. I seem to vacillate between a floaty, almost princess dress in chiffon or organza or something sleek & sexy. Too bad I have to choose...
38.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
too bad indeed, it would be awesome if you could wear multiple dresses!
I love the idea of flowers in your hair for your LOVELY BEACH WEDDING! Isn''t it exciting?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so exciting! The J. Crew dresses are set to arrive today--yay! Most of the dresses from Nordstrom shipped yesterday so I hope they''ll arrive soon as well! I''ll keep you guys posted...

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I for one, have been waiting with baited breath!
Post those pictures!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
where are the j. crew dresses!?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL--the J. Crew dresses came in yesterday, but to my PO box so I won''t be able to get them until after work today. 2 boxes from Nordstrom also arrived. I don''t know how many dresses are in the boxes. I ordered 4 from Nordstrom, but they might''ve shipped separately from the manufacturer.

I''ll try to post pics as soon as I can, but it might be a few days as my mom is coming up this weekend. (I can''t exactly ask my FI to take the pics, can I?
2.gif
) Oh, I can''t wait to try them on! I hope they fit & I like them--or some of them!
32.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
will wait...
patiently
20.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, belle...I''m so excited to go home & try them on! I do hope I like some of them...
32.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goody,
have fun! I''m a little jealous! I''d love to come home to a pile of boxes of pretty things to try on.
Don''t forget about us, we''re waiting for pictures...but have fun!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results