shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
BS,

Oh my goodness--I absolutely ADORE the first ABS dress. It is so glamorous and looks perfect on you. In my mind, it evokes the image of a 1940's/1950's starlet at a red carpet movie premiere. I think that era translates so well to the Caribbean because when I think of the Caribbean's hey day, that's what I think of. (Actually, I think The Godfather triology and the mafia's attempts to work in Cuba before Castro came along.) I think that dress is a great find and it would be a shame if you didn't find some occassion for it (even if you went a different way for the wedding).

I also really liked the full length bridesmaid dresses at Vera Wang. I thought the one you mentioned looked more like an actual wedding gown than a bridesmaid dress and I also thought the second one (white, vaguely see-through, empire waist, with a gold ribbon right below the chest was beautiful (and very beach appropriate)--style number 19M04.

I don't think that a satin dress would be too hot for the beach, especially in the more sheath-like silhoulettes you are looking at. Plus, you should also consider that it does get chilly at night (even in the tropics!)--so although you might be a bit warm during the ceremony (c'mon, you'll probably be warm regardless during the ceremony
3.gif
), you'll be very happy in it later!

Keep us updated on your dress search! This is so much fun...

-Abra

ETA: I definitely don't find them nightgowny at all. I like the sheath look in general for dresses--sure, it will look more like a nightgown than a ballgown, but in a glamorous/sexy way--not in a "She wore WHAT to her wedding?" way. It's all perspective--what you are comparing them to...

dansluv

Rough_Rock
I love number 4, i just tried it on today and it was gorgeous! I love the chiffon fabric too

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 9:05:12 PM
Author: dansluv
I love number 4, i just tried it on today and it was gorgeous! I love the chiffon fabric too
This one? Where''d you find it? I thought it was discountinued!

AlexWedDress.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Abra, what wonderful images your last post conjured! How did you know I''d love to be a 40''s starlet/Cuban dancer? Those are some of my favorite images for fashion, etc. I hate to say that the more I look at the first ABS dress, the more I just think the bunchy fabric is just not flattering. It makes me feel somehow frumpy/messy. But maybe something similar could work? Speaking of which...

I have more pictures for you! Are you sick of me yet?
20.gif

I went to a bridesmaid house last night to try on some dresses that could be ordered in white or ivory & let me just say that I love Lazaro!
9.gif

I''m having a bit of trouble imagining these dresses in ivory (any photo shop geniuses out there?) & in my size. I hope they wouldn''t be too slinky in a smaller size (i.e. show every single curve, even those you wouldn''t want to showcase!) Also, I liked the fabric on these dresses better than the ones from ABS.

So, here we go....

(sorry for the poor photo quality on the first one)

lazaro LZ6753 front.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
back of Lazaro 6753

lazaro LZ6753 back.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
sideview of Lazaro 6753

lazaro LZ6753 side.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of Cuban salsa dancers....
2.gif

Lazaro LZ9753 front.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Side/back view of Lazaro 9753

Lazaro LZ9753 side.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Lazaro halter. (While this is similar in style to other halters I''ve tried on (J Crew, etc.) I think I like the shape of the halter straps & silhouette/waistline better on this dress) Would it be less flattering in ivory than black?

Lazaro LZ8753 front.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Back view of halter dress

Lazaro LZ8753 back.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
And, the last one. The fabric on this one is different than on the black halter & the first wine colored dress I posted. It''s more matte & slightly lighter in weight.

lazaro LZ3843 front.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
And the back.

So, I think I might have my choices narrowed down (if you can call it that!) to one of these dresses or the Vera Wang bridesmaid dress. The Vera Wang looks a bit more formal & more like a traditional wedding gown, though it''s somewhat sophisticated as well. The fabric on the Vera Wang is more of a traditional bridal satin (slightly heavier w/ less movement) while these dresses are more of a charmeuse. These dresses, in my opinion, look less bridal, but could be worn again more easily. (not sure if that''s a concern of mine or not) I''m not sure about the fabrics--while I like the movement in the Lazaro dresses, the structure of the Vera might be more flattering. (Also, I was able to try the Vera on in my size to see how it looked.)

Agh. This is so confusing. I''d really appreciate your thoughts--thanks for cyber shopping with me!
1.gif

lazaro LZ3843 back.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aah, I finally found a way to post the pic of the Vera Wang BM dress I like. Here it is:

VW 19M01 front small.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
And the back....

VW 19M01 back.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh! I love all those lazaros. I think the last two are my favorites. That black halter one makes your waist look IMPOSSIBLY small!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this is the bridesmaid dress i wore & am in LOVE with. i wore it in black charmuse. it has a dropped waist.

LZ6933.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here is a better view of a similar one. it was like this one but all the way to the floor. i forgot to mention it''s also a Lazaro...

LZ5933.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 10:44:50 AM
Author: BrightSpot
And the back....
I love that dress!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW Brightspot!! You look awesome in those dresses!! I thought that it you were a model... then I found it was you!! I am so amazed!! You look great!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 11:58:16 AM
Author: MINE!!
WOW Brightspot!! You look awesome in those dresses!! I thought that it you were a model... then I found it was you!! I am so amazed!! You look great!!
Ditto!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
You look great in all of those dresses! I think my favorite is the last dress, but for some reason, I really love the back of the first dress. I also really love that Vera Wang BM dress, if they''d sell you just one! Have you tried it on yet? Did you try on the Jim Hjelm?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aww, you guys are so sweet! You''re making me blush....
emembarrassed.gif

Yeah, I really love all of those Lazaros too! It''s so tough to decide! (and I love the Vera Wang!)

jcrow, that dress looks quite similar to the red ruffled one I tried on...I don''t know how I missed it. So beautiful...have you worn it again?

EBree, I think I like the back of the 1st dress & the front of the last dress. If only I could merge the two... I did try on the Vera Wang dress & LOVED it. Their sample fit me perfectly. I think I might''ve figured out a way to order just one...
36.gif

I don''t know what happened w/ the Jim Hjelm dress. It was on the list of gowns that I gave the lady, but I''m not sure if I tried it on or not. I did try on a few tulle/net dresses & I didn''t really like the way they looked/felt on me. Too scratchy.
41.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes= i did wear it again, actually to a ball. i got lots of compliments on it. i would see if they have it. when i first saw it on the hanger i didn''t like it. but, the salesgirl said she loved it on, so i tried it and loved it!! i think it may excentuate your waist more than the red ruffle one you tried on...

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 9:43:04 AM
Author: BrightSpot
Lazaro halter. (While this is similar in style to other halters I''ve tried on (J Crew, etc.) I think I like the shape of the halter straps & silhouette/waistline better on this dress) Would it be less flattering in ivory than black?
This dress is ultra hot and very flattering for your body. That tiny little waist!! I''m jealous.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Ahhhh.... My favorite thread with new dresses to opine on...

I love the first Lazaro (6753) and the halter dress the most of the new four. I think the back of the red one is so cool!!!! That being said, I think my favorite of the group is the Vera Wang. It still has an island feel, but it is the most like an actual wedding dress of the group--so I favor that of this group.

That being said--they all look great on you!

You''re going to be one attractive bride regardless!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 6:03:18 PM
Author: abradabra
Ahhhh.... My favorite thread with new dresses to opine on...

I love the first Lazaro (6753) and the halter dress the most of the new four. I think the back of the red one is so cool!!!! That being said, I think my favorite of the group is the Vera Wang. It still has an island feel, but it is the most like an actual wedding dress of the group--so I favor that of this group.

That being said--they all look great on you!

You''re going to be one attractive bride regardless!
I''ve got to agree. I love the back of the Vera Wang, and the front is simple and classic; it''d be my #1 choice too. Now, if you can find someone to sell you just 1....

rms

Brilliant_Rock
hey Brightspot,

ok, can I be a total party pooper and tell you that I still love Tayla the most...
2.gif
1.gif

Otherwise, I totally love the Lazaro choices you showed, even more than the Vera Wang. The first and last of the 4 Lazaros are my favorites, with honorable mention on the back of that first Lazaro...beautiful!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, scintillating, that dress is gorgous!

1113777031941_W4017PROOFHALTER2.jpg
1112424480330_W4017HALTERPRROF.jpg
1117212131972_w3513chif.jpg
1114998567601_w3513chifbk.jpg

I have not made a decision on my dress yet. I love the Tayla, but I''m afraid it''d be too hot on the beach. I really liked some of the Lazaro gowns, but am not sure how they''d look on me in my size. (would they be too clingy, etc.) Also not sure how they''d look in white. It''s kind of tough for me to visualize it. I tried the VW BM dress on in my size & I thought it looked & felt great. (unfortunately, they wouldn''t let me take pics.) I think I''ve found a place that will let me order only one in white or ivory. My only concern is that this dress doesn''t look flowy/beachy. (maybe this isn''t necessary?) It definitely feels bridal, though. I think it''s very sophisticated & elegant.

As for the dress you posted, it''s stunning! My heart beat faster just looking at it!
30.gif
I love the neckline & gathering on the bust, the lace back & the sweep train! I can imagine how lovely they''d look blowing in the Caribbean breeze. (There is a breeze, right!?
32.gif
) My concern is that if I ordered it without trying it on somewhere first & then it didn''t fit or look nice on me that I''d be out of luck. My experience w/ the J. Crew/Nordstrom dresses has me spooked. At least with these dresses, I only had to wait a few days for them to arrive & could return them for full credit, which would not be the case with this eBay seller. I also wonder what people''s experiences have been ordering gowns from eBay. I''d feel better if I''d tried the gown on somewhere else first...

Hmmm....anyone have any thoughts on this one?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this dress...very bridal yet could also be worn to something else...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results