shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I say go with the Vera Wang. I think anything that is light and sleek is beachy, even if it's not chiffon. If you were wearing a ball gown, it'd be different, but I think the Vera Wang is perfect, if you can order one in White or Ivory. You've tried it on, love it, and we love it! Just my $.02
9.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Watters Has this one which looks very similiar - The design I found on ebay was inspired by Vera Wang, which this watters one may have been as well. It looks nearly identical. Is there somewhere local you could try the Watter's on?

I totally hear you on buying a dress you haven't tried on, or can't really go try on.
Check and see what "Chic bridal's" return policy is. Perhaps you could work something out.
I remember the listing as being pretty affordably priced, even less than some of the Jcrew dresses.
Maybe you could give them your measurements, find your size, and if it doesn't fit relist it on ebay?
Just an idea.

I dunno ladies... I love Vera... ya gotta love Vera... but for Negril, that dress looks pretty stiff and hot.

Keep us updated.
Scintillating...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, scintillating, that Watters gown looks nearly identical! (though it''s in silk & $780 as opposed to polyester & $250!) I just found this gown at RK bridal in NYC so I''ll go try it on soon. I''ll let you guys know what I think. Chic bridals doesn''t accept returns or exchanges, so I''d have to try to sell it on eBay if it didn''t look nice. (and then scramble to find another gown!)

--Watters has so many pretty beachy dresses--I like both of the later links you posted, EBree & scin...

And EBree, I still love the Vera Wang dress...decisions, decisions....
20.gif

4017b_1.jpg
4017b_2.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Yeay Brightspot - I''m excited for you.
1.gif

Pictures Pictures Pictures
3.gif

Scintillating...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I''m excited too! Unfortunately, RK doesn''t allow pictures.
29.gif
In fact, last time I went there, the salesperson didn''t leave me alone for a second! Grr...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
love the new dress! have you tried on the watters and watters slinky dress with the pearl halter? I really love that dress and it kind of has the look you''re going for. I couldn''t find a pic right now on the watters site, but gosh, there are lots of pretty new dresses! anyway, just a thought!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only tried on one Watters dress (the one that looked kind of striped) so I''ll see if I can try on several by Watters when I go to RK Bridal. They have so many beautiful dresses...
1.gif

sweety_72785

Rough_Rock
I vote #1 or #5-
#5 is definatly my favorite!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Sweety, #5 from my original post is a Mori Lee gown. I tried it on at RK Bridal, but lots of stores carry this line. (It''s pretty inexpensive too!) Good luck dress shopping!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 9:27:59 PM
Author: rms
hey Brightspot,

ok, can I be a total party pooper and tell you that I still love Tayla the most...
2.gif
1.gif
I just had to point out the fact that, considering the recent developments in Brightspot''s dress saga, Mrs. RMS just may have the ability to see into the future...hehehe!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2005 11:09:31 PM
Author: HOUMedGal

Date: 9/29/2005 9:27:59 PM
Author: rms
hey Brightspot,

ok, can I be a total party pooper and tell you that I still love Tayla the most...
2.gif
1.gif
I just had to point out the fact that, considering the recent developments in Brightspot''s dress saga, Mrs. RMS just may have the ability to see into the future...hehehe!!!
I know! One of my first thoughts when I found that eBay auctions was of Mrs. RMS''s post on my (first) dress thread. Maybe she should turn her powers to the LIW board!
2.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
hehehe...thanks ladies...glad I could help see a little vision for your dress, BrightSpot, and we''re anxiously awaiting pics of the real deal!!
3.gif

a dress might be one thing I can predict, but for all the wonderful LIW, I might not be a good choice. We''ll leave that to those who are experts on relationships and the true understanding of "boy soon". Experts, speak up now!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this thread

Well, obviously BS has her dress by now (you look great in all of them, BTW)
Just wanted to say I love your taste - I am also planning a destination wedding and looking at very very similar dress styles. This thread has been great for me to see even more of what I like (ethereal, light, flowly, beachier) in gowns.

Thank goodness Watters Brides (one of my favs) has vendors in MD - I also like the current Nicole Miller spread and love your #1 on the first page and that eBay one Scintillating posted and the similar Waters ones.
23.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey, sarita!

I was very surprised to see my dress thread again. Congrats on your destination wedding! I''m glad my thread has given you some ideas.
1.gif
(Thanks for the compliment.) Yeah, that dress Scintillating found on eBay is gorgeous. Dessy just started making a destination wedding collection & has several pretty gowns, including one that looks similar to the eBay gown. (Here''s a thread on the subject: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dessy-is-making-wedding-gowns-now-dw-styles.35400/=)

I actually just picked my gown up from my seamstress last weekend. She removed the heavy satin lining in the skirt & replaced it with a much lighter version. The dress flows much better now & should be cooler on the beach as well. (I hope...
32.gif
) I also had her do a simple bustle so the train is more manageable.

Good luck with your planning & let me know if I can be of any help.
36.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back at your thread again, BrightSpot...
2.gif

Can you tell me where you found this dress? (the one in the photo) The floral overaly and ruffles are similar to a gown I saw from 2bebride.com (in the spread in Brides mag it looked so island-perfect) but is carried nowhere near me.

And also, do you remember the name of the seller of the Vera Wang Inspired light/drapy gown that was posted on pg. 6 of this thread? (the link doesn''t work anymore and I did a quick eBay search for "vera wang inspired" but didn''t turn up anything similar so far.

thanks for any help!

Ok, the photo isn''t posting for some reason, keeps saying the size is too big which it''s not...it''s the off-white one with ruffles that you asked if it looked cheesy or not.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Nevermind my request.... I have off today and was looking at some dresses on eBay to find that one and found both I asked about. I am really tempted to bid on the ruffle one. I saw this island/beach spread in February''s Brides magazine with a very similar dress and the model''s look, hair, everything was just that perfect gypsy beach vibe. But 2bebride doesn''t have vendors anywhere near MD and they don''t sell via the Internet. I think this one, though slightly less formal, is going to be the closest I can find to that gown which I love. And for less than $300 it may just be worth it to buy, despite no returns. Right now I''ll just watch it until the auction nears end!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey, sarita! Sorry, I just noticed you''d bumped my thread.
1.gif
I''m glad you found the 2 dresses you were looking for. Care to post pics of the one you''re considering?
31.gif
(I looked through my thread again & couldn''t figure out which dress you liked...)

I bought my dress on eBay too. It was a bit unnerving until I got it in, but it worked out great! (fortunately for me, I found the dress 40 minutes before the auction ended so I didn''t have to sweat it out for long...)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results