shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my reset idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 9:26:27 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/26/2007 9:22:18 PM
Author: Skippy123

oooooh, I am interested in this project, and who you pick to set it. I just bought a stone and I am facing the same dilemma.
6.gif
6.gif
Just what kind of stone missy??! Fess up.
11.gif

And Skippy, thank you anyway.
2.gif
Ellen,understand. hehehe

It is a spinel due to Harriets influence. hehehe
11.gif
So I am super excited to see who you find for your pretty EC.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 9:28:41 PM

Ellen,understand. hehehe

It is a spinel due to Harriets influence. hehehe
11.gif
So I am super excited to see who you find for your pretty EC.
9.gif
I hope so.

6.gif
She''s become an enabler.
11.gif
lol

Hopefully I''ll get my feelers out soon on this...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2007 12:10:01 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
On your bezel set idea...are your thoughts along this line...but of course rectangular? I think this is a slider. As long as the stone is...there could be two sets of slots for the chain to run through. E/W & N/S.

http://www.heavenlytreasures.com/n2381.html

DKS

WARNING FOR HARRIET: you shouldn''t go to this site...I warned you...stop now! Arggghh. You just don''t listen.
Is this just a site for ideas or has anyone bought anything there? What''s the quality like? I do like all the styles.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for your lovely stone and setting dilema....I like the idea of a bezel out of smooth WG very simple and using ribbon prongs. I can see you wearing it with V neck T shirts every single day.

Is that the one you''ve picked?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 10:17:20 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
As for your lovely stone and setting dilema....I like the idea of a bezel out of smooth WG very simple and using ribbon prongs. I can see you wearing it with V neck T shirts every single day.

Is that the one you''ve picked?
Yes, that''s the plan so far, but I want to see pics of different options, side by side, to know for sure.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi! Ellen
35.gif
how fun with new project
30.gif

esp you have many memory with your parent''s.
I would vote for halo pendant!!
I have a baguettes pendand top. I will take pic and post here later,

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 4:30:58 PM
Author: flower12
hi! Ellen
35.gif
how fun with new project
30.gif

esp you have many memory with your parent''s.
I would vote for halo pendant!!
I have a baguettes pendand top. I will take pic and post here later,
Hey you!! I have been wondering how you were, and hoping you were ok. So I''m really glad to see you posting!
1.gif

I''ll look forward to your pic.
28.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi!! Ellen
I got better now, thak you very much for you say so.
now bit busy so I haven''t back to PS form for long time but I am glad to see your post this afternoon.
here is the picture , I coldn''t take good one, but you can imagine how bagette look like as pendant
hope it''s helps.

IMGP5116.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, your diamond is much bigger .
this pendant around 50ctw I guess.

IMGP4968.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flower, what a unique and beautiful pendant! I would have never thought to do that with baguettes. Did you buy that already made, or think it up on your own?

And I''m so gald you are better now.
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are those center stones Aqua? Or are they diamonds picking up color from around them?

Very pretty either way.
9.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just weighing in again to say that I still think the very thin bezel on a very fine plat chain will serve you well for a very long time!
28.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi! Ellen.
> Did you buy that already made, or think it up on your own?

it''s already made one,what I like is there is small space between baguette and mille
30.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
the center stones is diamond,
I guess diamonds picking up color from around,
I got lot of compliment this pendant top
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 3:01:51 PM
Author: flower12

the center stones is diamond,
I guess diamonds picking up color from around,
I got lot of compliment this pendant top
1.gif

It's just lovely, flower. [end threadjack]

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, did you find someone to do your project? It has been a long time since I had my Ellen dose
emcry.gif
well, a few days, but still!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 10:05:28 AM
Ellen, did you find someone to do your project? It has been a long time since I had my Ellen dose
emcry.gif
well, a few days, but still!
Aw, thanks.
5.gif

*sigh*

No, I haven''t sent my ideas anywhere yet. We''ve had some unforseen expenses, so I felt guilty asking about it. I will though, and you''ll be the first to know.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry; I completely understand how that goes. I bet the stone is fun to play with! I am glad I got a little dose of sweet Ellen today
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s not loose Skippy, it''s still in the ring I posted pics of.
28.gif

Glad I got to talk to you too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been trying to think of some good ideas for your pendant for awhile now Ellen, and it''s hard!!!

I had an idea...but you can''t FREAK when you see it. The one in the pics is over 15 CARATS....not 0.61, ''kay?!
9.gif
Your version could be more ''midwestern'' than this blingtastic version.

What about something like this? The diamond fringe could even be colored stones, since your ec is a diamond rather than a pink stone. I just think this pendant is so fab...a small version would still be fab, feminine, and awesome with your ec!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/see-pink.32434/

I also really like a DBTY bezel type thing, with all 3 stones bezel set, and the ec e/w in between the baggs.

diadivapinkpendant.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my mind I just keep seeing this though, with bagg, e/w EC, bagg.

dbtybez.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
FireGoddess...

That is really a great idea! I have not seen rectangular stones used in that design before...but I am with you...It would work!! I was going to say in e/w but actually the other way would be delicate too, in certain caratage. Another idea along your thought is to add a center stone in (his birthstone) as previously mentioned...the exact size and cut would be good for a total of three stones as pictured...or even have it as a dangle bezel in say a pear. I would like a pear as it could be referred to as a tear drop. Really make this piece the thought provolking conversation piece it should be.

Or make it two stones and add one of those adorable mini charms...who are they buy? You know the palm tree and pretzel...Coin...Robert Coin? Oh who ever it is. She could fine one that represented the memory of her father best...and have it hung stationary in the center of the chain.

What size would you say those RB''s are in that image? I ask in comparison to the baguettes in question. I think I might use your suggestion for stones of meaning I have. They are just sitting in the bottom of the box now...silly isn''t it?

DKS

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have drooled over FireGoddess'' pendant idea which if you find the thread it can be worn E/W or N/S such a FAB pendant. And of course it would work with a smaller stone.
9.gif

And I also keep drooling over the DBTY style necklaces. It''s to the point where my husband thought DBTY was a PSer''s screen name. LOL

Both great ideas. I think the problem is just making a choice, at least that would be my problem.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, thank you for thinking of me and my lil stone.
5.gif
You too DK.

Thing is, I really do know what I want, in my head. And it''s just terribly simple. No diamonds, no nuffin. I got one quote yesterday, but it''s more than I want to spend.
7.gif

I will get one more, but I may just be dreaming about what I think this small project should cost, vs. what it''s going to cost.

We''ll see. It may just have to be put on the very back burner for a while... *sniff*

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey DKS,

The aqua in that necklace is 20 points, and the rounds are 8 points each. I think you could easily go bigger and still achieve a delicate look. I know that I''ve seen the necklace with other cuts before like marquise and such, but it may have been in the actual store. Will look online though to make sure there''s not a picture somewhere. It looks gorgeous with different shapes and colors in it!

Ellen,

I hope you can find a quote that matches what you''d like to spend. Any chance of looking through the Stuller catalogs to see if there are stock items that would work and cut the cost down?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 1:53:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Ellen,

I hope you can find a quote that matches what you''d like to spend. Any chance of looking through the Stuller catalogs to see if there are stock items that would work and cut the cost down?
Thanks FG. It really is bumming me out that this may not be doable right now. We just have so many other expenses, and honestly, I don''t think the ringing of the cash register has cleared from hubby''s head on the ring and studs from last year.... So I just can''t spend much right now.

I could certainly look through Stuller''s stuff, can''t hurt.

I wonder, if my local guy even does custom stuff (I just started using him, so I don''t know), would it maybe cost any less?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if local custom would be cheaper Ellen. It didn''t work out that way for me, but it''s worth a shot to ask, perhaps show him a drawing and say my price range is X, is that doable? The worst he can say is no.

DKS, I KNEW I saw DBTY in various shapes. It''s in their Swing line. Check it:
30.gif

swingshapes.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been secretly lusting after this:

swingpears.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Great Work Firegoddess!! I am having a slurpee attack.
18.gif
(the Drool kind not the big gulp from 7/11
2.gif
)

I do love the mixed shapes and then the others you posted in colors.

Ellen
you are a trouble maker!! I am considering every stone I have in my box...in yardage now...instead of caratage!! Eeeeehhhh! I started to get involved in this thread to help you...now on the 4th page and it is ALL ABOUT ME!

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results