shape
carat
color
clarity

What colored stones look best in rose gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
More of their bezels in mixed metals

mixed_metal_wedding_sets_1_fs.jpg

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
Set in yellow gold but some lovely multi colored bezel ideas for packrat, just imagine them in rose gold :)

yellow_gold_mulit_color_stack_1_fs.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sigh* those are all so pretty Lainey! Thanks for posting them!!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 9:12:55 PM
Author: coatimundi
...and Malaya garnet would also be fab in rose gold.

Great - thanks Coati - MORE things for me to obsess over!! That''s ALL I need (I just bought a 1.4 carat pink tourmaline yesterday for NO good reason except it''s a square cushion and I am currently obsessed with them - LOL. Well, that and my boyfriends not here for me to have to hide it from him. Hmmm, how to pretend I''ve had it for a while? Anyone??????)

I''m also on the pink gold bandwagon!!!! (some of you gals have been watching my thread about the M colour cushion I''m getting) White gold eternity band, getting the prongs plated in rose gold.

Does anyone know much about the different colour variations in rose gold? I''ve seen some that is very pink and others that are very brown. I know they use copper to colour it. Wonder what makes the different tones other than the amount of copper? I want mine a bit more brownish than pink I think...... not sure how to convey that to the jeweller.

- Jodie -

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 10:04:27 PM
Author: mausketeer

Great - thanks Coati - MORE things for me to obsess over!! That''s ALL I need (I just bought a 1.4 carat pink tourmaline yesterday for NO good reason except it''s a square cushion and I am currently obsessed with them - LOL. Well, that and my boyfriends not here for me to have to hide it from him. Hmmm, how to pretend I''ve had it for a while? Anyone??????)

I''m also on the pink gold bandwagon!!!! (some of you gals have been watching my thread about the M colour cushion I''m getting) White gold eternity band, getting the prongs plated in rose gold.

Does anyone know much about the different colour variations in rose gold? I''ve seen some that is very pink and others that are very brown. I know they use copper to colour it. Wonder what makes the different tones other than the amount of copper? I want mine a bit more brownish than pink I think...... not sure how to convey that to the jeweller.

- Jodie -
Join the club!
2.gif
Your M in rose gold prongs would be delish. I don''t think I''ve ever seen that on a PS''er.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 10:17:54 PM
Author: platinumrock
Date: 1/25/2009 10:04:27 PM

Author: mausketeer

- Jodie -

Join the club!
2.gif
Your M in rose gold prongs would be delish. I don''t think I''ve ever seen that on a PS''er.
Thanks Platinum. I''m sure I''ve seen that on here, no? Nobody has done that yet? Well, I do like to be original....

Coati, just spent the last half hour on that coloured stones website. Yikes. I am DONE (MUST have a Malaya garnet now!! GORGEOUS!)

I guess I need to start referring to my boyfriend as my fiance soon, huh? When I get THE ROCK I''ll start..... how''s that......

- Jodie -

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
>

Well, the more copper in the mix the more pink or "rose" it will look. 18K will appear less pink/red because of the higher gold content than 10K. I prefer to go somewhere in the middle with 14K. You get too much copper in the mix and you have more tarnishing/oxidation, easy to clean but still not fun.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results