shape
carat
color
clarity

What colored stones look best in rose gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJJ
I think it looks awesome in rose gold. It makes the color pop IMO.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 7:51:56 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
AJJ
I think it looks awesome in rose gold. It makes the color pop IMO.
Cheers TL! I have to admit, I think it looks quite diamond-ish in a couple pics..

*ducks* from coloured rocks being thrown
9.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, AJ, it looks yummy! I think the rose gold brings out the character in that stone.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
AJ and TL, those mint green tourmalines in rose gold are absolutely delish!!
18.gif
I never would have put it together.

Ignore the purists and matchy-poo fanatics. Don''t follow the trend. Create your own!

I never liked gold, but I have become drawn to rose gold lately. I love its coppery tone. It really does go with just about anything!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, AJ-I love love love it in rose gold!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
AJ that''s gorgeous! You should set it in the rose gold - that color combo is divine. Where is your setting from?

PlatinumRock, I know what you mean - I''m a white gold wear through and through, but something about rose gold lately....

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 7:32:44 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
AJ that''s gorgeous! You should set it in the rose gold - that color combo is divine. Where is your setting from?

PlatinumRock, I know what you mean - I''m a white gold wear through and through, but something about rose gold lately....

Browneyedgirl, I have a confession. My current e-ring is in platinum. But I''m not even going to set my new stone in it. I''m having a new setting done in rose gold. All of the metal I''m wearing right now are platinum and palladium. But I LOVE how the rose gold is going to stand out. I don''t know anyone who is wearing rose gold right now. And I kinda like it.
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 7:53:26 PM
Author: platinumrock

Browneyedgirl, I have a confession. My current e-ring is in platinum. But I''m not even going to set my new stone in it. I''m having a new setting done in rose gold. All of the metal I''m wearing right now are platinum and palladium. But I LOVE how the rose gold is going to stand out. I don''t know anyone who is wearing rose gold right now. And I kinda like it.
3.gif

Haha really? What new stone is this?? I can''t wait to see the finished project!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh question: so where do I find nice rose gold settings? TIA!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mochi, platinum, packrat and BEG - maybe I will have to set it, considering the great response!

BEG, this was a cheapy one actually from GOG - I once had a small princess of hearts diamond in it, which I traded in.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been bookmarking things for ideas for when I *finally* redo my engagement ring..I love this so much I marked it! I''d thought I wanted a bi-color tourmaline, but I really wanted a round stone..this mint green/rose gold sets my heart all aflutter!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 8:18:44 PM

3.gif

Haha really? What new stone is this?? I can''t wait to see the finished project!

It''s a peachy gray diamond upgrade. It might be ready at the end of this week. I can''t wait to see it in rose gold!
face20.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 9:04:30 PM
Author: packrat
I''ve been bookmarking things for ideas for when I *finally* redo my engagement ring..I love this so much I marked it! I''d thought I wanted a bi-color tourmaline, but I really wanted a round stone..this mint green/rose gold sets my heart all aflutter!

Woohoo! Another colored stone and rose gold fan.
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I am just having 3 stacking rings made with the birth stones of my kids and me (sorry dad you missed out and boy is he pi****)
I am having the stones bezeled in rose gold with a silver shank. I am having pink tourmaline for me swiss topaz for son and moonstone for daugher. I hope it will look ok
2.gif

This is the style but the bezel will be rose gold

katbarnew2009.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
They will look similar to this although this is much heavier setting

katebarnew2.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
lets try that again

katebarnew3.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 9:04:30 PM
Author: packrat
Wow, packrat thats very sweet that my things can inspire your ering redo! I think that would make for a very pretty and original ering
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
AJ--I love the mint in rose gold!

I also love the idea of pale blue in rg--ahhh I need more rose gold!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Katebar, that blue topaz ring is my inspiration too - great minds think alike
1.gif
although it''ll be for my opal - still undecided on whether to keep it all white gold, or do the rose gold border

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 9:52:30 PM
Date: 1/19/2009 8:18:44 PM

3.gif

It''s a peachy gray diamond upgrade. It might be ready at the end of this week. I can''t wait to see it in rose gold!
face20.gif

Sounds like a great project - I''ll keep my fingers crossed for ya that it''s done soon!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 7:43:24 AM
Author: arjunajane
last one, inside again. Stone showing bit more green.

Admittedly, its not for everyone, but I quite like it !

WOW!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I REALLY love that stone with the rose gold. It is stunning. Are you actually going to set it into rose gold someday?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
katebar, I know that pic you were trying to post, and really like it.
I think your ring sounds really pretty - and how funny is your hubs that he wants to be in the ring?!
9.gif

Whats his birthstone? You could just tell him that you need another ring to represent him....?
31.gif

Thanks Coats! I think light blue would look nice too, very feminine. I'm sure you've been asked before, but whats the blue one in your av?
Ya, arrghhh - I need more...well, everything
2.gif

BEG - do you have a pic of your opal? I'd think RG would be quite complementary with opals, no..?

Hi flowerladytoo - I was going to have it set in YG, as the jeweller I'd like to use doesn't yet use RG. But after everyone's reaction, I'm thinking it'd be nice to have something different and go with the RG. Likely can't do this one until later this year though..thanks for asking!
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey AJ, here it is. It''s going to be a reset project
1.gif

First one is indoors. What do you think? Rose gold yes, rose gold no?

BEGOpal321.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is one next to the window:

BEGOpal322.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thats right, sorry I have seen this pretty!

Hrmmm..its a lil hard to say..is there any pink in there?
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to defer to the experts on this one, as I know nothing of how opaque stones perform, sorry!

I do think the YG current setting looks pretty with it, and RG is really not all that different..
what do you think, and what kinda setting would it be?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 5:18:22 AM

I''m afraid I''m gonna have to defer to the experts on this one, as I know nothing of how opaque stones perform, sorry!

I do think the YG current setting looks pretty with it, and RG is really not all that different..

It''s so hard to say. There are flashes of red, but mostly it''s very cool -blues and greens as you can see. The setting I had in mind was the one katebar posted on this page (it''s OneGarnetGirl''s blue topaz ring), but I''m debating on whether to keep that bezeled part rose gold or make it white.

Hmm these are the tough decisions I like though!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 5:45:20 AM

Date: 1/20/2009 5:18:22 AM

I''m afraid I''m gonna have to defer to the experts on this one, as I know nothing of how opaque stones perform, sorry!

It''s so hard to say. There are flashes of red, but mostly it''s very cool -blues and greens as you can see. The setting I had in mind was the one katebar posted on this page (it''s OneGarnetGirl''s blue topaz ring), but I''m debating on whether to keep that bezeled part rose gold or make it white.

Hmm these are the tough decisions I like though!
Exactly, its nice to ponder these sorta tough decisions
2.gif

I do like that setting, but I''m keen to hear what others have to say on the RG.
5.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I looooove pink stones in rose gold YUMMMy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Padparadschas also look beautiful in rose gold as well.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi B.E.G,

Definitely those in light pink such as morganite. I have a morganite ring set in rose gold and they are such a perfect match. The rose gold brings out the pink-ness of the morganite, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results