shape
carat
color
clarity

What colored stones look best in rose gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to get a simple rose gold ring someday, set with a colored stone. I''m wondering what kind of colors would look best in it.

For instance, do you think my morganite would look washed out? What about my pink tourmaline? Too dark? Link to those here

What other colors (aside from pink) would look good with rose gold?

Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paraiba tourmaline
Champagne diamonds
Deep color amethyst

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2009 9:57:47 PM
Author:Brown.Eyed.Girl
I''d love to get a simple rose gold ring someday, set with a colored stone. I''m wondering what kind of colors would look best in it.

For instance, do you think my morganite would look washed out? What about my pink tourmaline? Too dark? Link to those here

Thanks!
I think your stones would look nice in rose gold, especially the darker stone.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL!

Ooh I didn''t think of amethyst...yum, that might be a great possibility!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
When talking about your stones, both would look great in rose gold, simply because they''re the right color. I honestly can''t think of any pink stone that wouldn''t look good in rose gold, and even the darker shades of red (like your pink tourmaline) look really good with it. Of course, the choice of tone will impact the final look, so darker ones will create a more dramatic combination with a great contrast, while lighter shades will make for an understated design. It all depends on what''s your preference. I''m only not sure about setting highly saturated stones like great rubelites or spinels in rose gold, simply because they would get lost in it (IMHO).

And what other colors look good with pink - it all depends on the look you''re after. I think even black can look great in it (just imagine a tahitian pearl in rose gold), and I''d only be careful with greens cause the combo might be too striking and christmasy
2.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say a lovely med-dark pink tourm or a nice amethyst, I think morganite or kunzite might be too washed out to show nicely.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 11:23:47 AM
Author: autumngems
I would say a lovely med-dark pink tourm or a nice amethyst, I think morganite or kunzite might be too washed out to show nicely.
Maybe so, but a RG bezel would surely deepen their pinks.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think any pink or reddish stone looks great in rose gold - it only enhances the pink. I also like yellows and purples in rose gold.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''d love a light mint green stone in rose gold...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 1:17:00 PM
Author: musey
Musey, I''ve had the same thought.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morganite (if pink rather than peach), Kunzite looks gorgeous in rose gold, some pink diamonds if not overdone can look lovely. I would never put a pink diamond in a full rose gold setting because (and this is my personal taste) it detracts from the pink diamond and everything merges into one colour. Similarly (and again, personal taste) I wouldn''t put blues, greens, purples - they''re too much of a contrast and for me, clash.

It really is all about taste and you''ve had a range of opinions on here - some agreeing, some not!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 2:16:07 PM
Author: Harriet

Thritto - I think that a light mint green, or a really bright aqua color would look smashing
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posed my new mint green tourmaline in front of my rose gold setting, and it looked delicious. I might just do that for this one. You can have Christmas every day!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 6:33:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I posed my new mint green tourmaline in front of my rose gold setting, and it looked delicious. I might just do that for this one. You can have Christmas every day!!

Would love to see that TL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2009 7:09:56 PM
Author: packrat

Date: 1/15/2009 6:33:08 PM

Would love to see that TL!
Merry Xmas.

mint_in_rose.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-that is gorgeous!! What a cool color combination!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL, that''s gorgeous!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock

I feel the same way. Sometimes I wish my ruby RG ring held my mint garnet pendant, (so it would be the ruby in WG and the garnet in RG) holding the two together they are just delicious.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
A lot of Victorian jewelry is made of rose gold, and they used all sorts of stones. I have an amethyst ring, several opal rings, a moonstone, a green stone... I''ve seen sapphires and tourmalines and everything. It all looks great.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

I have to say, my mint tourm looks really nice to me in my empty rose gold setting. It sounds like it may clash, but its complimentary imho.
I will try to get pics if anyone interested.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 9:57:47 PM
Author:Brown.Eyed.Girl

Thanks!
cant think of a gem that would not look good in rose gold!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 10:31:30 AM
Author: arjunajane

I have to say, my mint tourm looks really nice to me in my empty rose gold setting. It sounds like it may clash, but its complimentary imho.

I''d certainly be interested! The colors together seem so delicate and pretty...and I don''t know about anyone else, but around here, Smalltown USA, NOBODY has anything "different" it''s either white or yellow gold, and generally diamonds, tho I do have a coworker who wears only rubies.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course we''re interested!!
36.gif

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I love my rhodolite garnet in it''s rose gold/white gold setting, but I bet it would have looked even better in an all rose gold setting. I don''t thing anything would look bad in rose gold though
9.gif

flowerladyrhodoliterosegold.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 5:22:26 PM

Of course we''re interested!!
36.gif

Yes, PLEASE post pictures
9.gif
Would love to see it!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
My vote is alexandrite lol! or natural fancy intense to vivid pink diamond
emwink.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey packrat, TL and and flowerladytoo - my apologies I didn''t get around to this sooner.

Here are a couple pics of my mint tourm with a rose gold solitaire - admittedly, it does bring out the yellow in the stone, but I honestly don''t mind..

outside in afternoon sunlight..

DSC02029-resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
same lighting. Honestly, I know its not a "purists'' " view, but I quite like the green and gold flashes that show up here..

DSC02038-resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
same lighting, but inside - imo stone looks bit greener. Clearly this setting is way too small
5.gif

DSC02052-sized.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
last one, inside again. Stone showing bit more green.
Admittedly, its not for everyone, but I quite like it !

DSC02058-resize.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results