shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The topcoat settled in and doesn't look glossy anymore. It looks very much like it did before the topcoat but doesn't feel like sandpaper on my skin! Took this earlier during lunch.

eta: I swear you can see all the tiny glittery pieces in my original picture. PS messes it up. Oh well. Either way, this may be my favorite neutral polish ever. I have a bunch of Essies that people seem to love, like mademoiselle, but they never apply right. Always so streaky and and gets all over the place. Probably user error!

zoya_pixie_godiva_5.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
BM, I think you're onto something with the jelly. I looked up the other Essie colors I have trouble with and they're described as jelly too! I think I'll just stay away from Essie for a bit until I can master the colors I already have (not that I need to rush out and buy anything.... I have 6 Zoya and 4 China Glaze on the way).

FK, I really like that color. I have it on the way so I'm happy to hear it applies well and the top coat fixes the texture but doesn't stay glossy.

Does anyone have a base coat they love? I haven't found the *one* yet.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I used Zoya's basecoat and it was pretty good, but most of the time I'm too lazy to even use a basecoat. My nails stay polished for a full week as long as my nails are completely clean before I apply polish. And use two coats of topcoat. Love Zoya's topcoat.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use CND Stickey base coat. It grabs on to polish and really extends wear.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else consider purple to be a normal, not out there, wear to work safe color? My sister and I had a disagreement about this, I told her that purple was my go-to safe color (specifically Essie Smokin Hot) and she disagreed. She thinks it belongs with the blues/greens/glitters as an out there color, not to be lumped in with red/pink/nude.

China Glaze C-C-Courage

_13778.jpg

_13779.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone get their Zoya orders yet? Mine hasn't budged in a week since ordering....

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't received my zoya order yet. Not even a shipping notification.

Purple is an acceptable polish color where I work. I even wear glitter occasionally as long as it not too much. So it depends. Wouldn't wear on an interview though. I do draw a line on designs. That's too casual for my job.

Because Zoya has grown so much and because of the demand of the promo- they always ship later with promos. I believe this one stated up to 4 weeks :bigsmile: Worth it IMO.

I ended up ordering more.. Payton, Tinsley, Amy, Blu, Mosheen, Neely.. and then the 3 pixiedusts.

Did you guys see that if you took advantage of the 3/$12 offer they put another promo code in your account: Buy 2 polishes from the Awaken and/or Magical Pixie collection get free shipping and the Monet topper (in Awaken collection) for free.

I am thinking of doing Dillon and Rebel, but maybe Hudson as well with the free Monet of course. Code expires Feb 28th I believe. Unique to each account.

Oh, I love purple, so I would wear it anywhere, but I could see how that shade might be considered too bold for like a court room. But working a desk job or seeing occasional clients? I don't see the problem. Some people just are not comfortable in "wacky" colors though- and that's ok!

My mom would get pedicure after pedicure with the same dang shade of hot pink. Drove me nuts. She then went wild with red. LOL I always tease her about it. I will sometimes give her a manicure and I've tried to talk her into something bold but nooooope. If I did convince her she will take it off the next day.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I haven't gone through this whole thread yet, but I'm obsessed with nails and gel polish!

For my latest, I went nude, sparkly & pointy. :naughty:

(Gelish Waterfield over a pinkish nude color by Young Nails, can't recall which one though)

photo_6_4.jpg

photo_7_5.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
bean, I totally used my promo! :naughty: I got Hudson, Dot, Monet, and some polish remover since it was free shipping and I've been wanting to try it.

My box arrived today. I can't decide which to try first :love:

_13840.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, I'm on the fence about purple and whether it's work-appropriate. Purple with glitter might be too much. A lighter shade, say, lavender with no glitter might be safer. It's kind of like orange--bright orange? Maybe not so appropriate. A softer coral? Probably ok.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Cover Girl Galactic Green :geek:

img_20140119_122205.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1390101415|3595896 said:
Kunzite, I'm on the fence about purple and whether it's work-appropriate. Purple with glitter might be too much. A lighter shade, say, lavender with no glitter might be safer. It's kind of like orange--bright orange? Maybe not so appropriate. A softer coral? Probably ok.

Agreed! I have a gray-purple that I love wearing and I think that one is quite work appropriate. Or even a dark purple if it has a bit of a shimmer. But bright purple like Barney the dinosaur? I'd say that might stand out a bit more.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes, polish matches your stone :)).

I couldn't settle on a color and had extra time on my hands :Up_to_something: so I ended up mixing different colors in a bottle cap :lol:. This was the winner of my mixology session. OPI What Wizardry is This + Essie It's Genius.

Ended up looking like reddish brown with bit of texture. Formula was easy to work with but will see how long this combo lasts.

20140120_101743-1_1_.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1390231945|3596920 said:
rubyshoes, polish matches your stone :)).

Hehe. Actually the stone is fancy yellow. Amazing how much it picked up the polish color!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got the shipping notice on zoya order. Longest I had to wait for nail polish.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1390434360|3598977 said:
Finally got the shipping notice on zoya order. Longest I had to wait for nail polish.
No kidding! I just got mine too! I may rethink doing a promo in the future. Though I am not a nail person anyway so it's not that big of a deal if I forgo a promo.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
L'oreal Gold Dust (texture) Too Dimensional? and Sexy in Sequins on accent nail.

imageuploadedbypurseforum1390086084.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The polish job isn't the greatest and the pic makes the color looks lighter than it is, but here's OPI's Red My Fortune Cookie. It's a bright color and one I'd usually save for the summer, but I wanted something to perk me up in the freezing temperatures we're having.

ETA: I'm having trouble loading the picture correctly. I'll try again later. Google Images has good pictures of it though.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You only live twice by OPI. A glittery red for my toes - love it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
How do you ladies get such perfect looking cuticles? Mine always look so ragged. Can someone tell me their cuticle routine?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious, I use cuticle oil daily. There are lots of different brands out there but using whichever one you pick consistently is more important than any particular oil. I have a bottle of CND SolarOil on my desk by the keyboard so I see it as I'm typing. Just brush it on the cuticles once a day and then push them back.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoya order came in today's mail. I swatched the colors right away and Maya (coral) is going on my toes tomorrow. The other 2 will probably wait until we get some spring - like weather.

20140125_160628-1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I rarely wear polish I decided to go ahead and order 5 from Zoya just for a change. Due to arrive Tuesday. I ordered Raven, Sloane, Monica, Kelly and Claudine. They are probably all very similar IRL lol but I like what I like. Looking forward to more show and tell here. Thanks to AprilBaby for starting this thread.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine arrived today, will take pics when it's daylight!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got Rihana, Erin and Anne, and and Erin is my FAVORITE. I think I'll love Rihana too, but I don't love Anne. Not sheer enough, too frosty.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I going Zoya polish at my local mall today...buy one, get one 40% off. This is Hope.

P.s. You gals are a BAD influence! Lol!

_14101.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Pretty colors Baby Monster! Spring time can't come soon enough!

Aljdewey, that color looks great on you!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lizzyann.

Missy, cool colors. I've been looking to add a vampy purple to my collection and Sloane looks very interesting in swatches. Please post a pic when you have it on.

Ame, Rihana looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing all of these new shades.

Aljdewey, nice purple. Btw, DH likes my nail polish hobby a lot more than my jewelry hobby :cheeky:.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results