shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
UGH - I have the same problem with bug spray in the summer - kills the mani in seconds!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1391115359|3604376 said:
UGH - I have the same problem with bug spray in the summer - kills the mani in seconds!

Anything with DEET in it will dissolve nail polish. I won't put that stuff on my skin, period. Try permethrin spray. It's the only thing that also repels and kills ticks. You can't spray it directly on your skin. You can either buy garments that are already treated, or you can buy the spray and treat items you typically wear while working or relaxing outdoors.

Threadjack over--sorry!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1390821036|3601931 said:
Zoya Rue. Opaque even on first coat. Good option for those who like opaque neutrals.

LOVE this!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to stop wearing polish for a while. When I removed it the other day, my nails were horribly discolored with a yellowish tint. It's happened before but I'm always surprised at how awful they look.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1391163126|3604849 said:
I need to stop wearing polish for a while. When I removed it the other day, my nails were horribly discolored with a yellowish tint. It's happened before but I'm always surprised at how awful they look.

Ugh, that is exactly why I stopped wearing nail polish all those years ago. I may not even sample the zoya polishes I bought because I just don't want to go through that again (or I will just wait for spring and polish my toenails with them). I think for some people no matter the base coat used the nails have a chemical reaction and become discolored. It's weird but perhaps dependent on our body chemistry? I have a reaction to white gold too where after just a brief wear on my hand it becomes yellow where the underside of the ring touches my fingers whereas some people can wear white gold for years without replating. I wonder if it is all part of a similar chemical reaction dependent on the individual?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Happy Chinese New Year! My nails are celebrating the occasion in China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" and OPI "Goldeneye."

imageuploadedbytapatalk1391184146.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1391178888|3604932 said:

Ugh, that is exactly why I stopped wearing nail polish all those years ago. I may not even sample the zoya polishes I bought because I just don't want to go through that again (or I will just wait for spring and polish my toenails with them). I think for some people no matter the base coat used the nails have a chemical reaction and become discolored. It's weird but perhaps dependent on our body chemistry? I have a reaction to white gold too where after just a brief wear on my hand it becomes yellow where the underside of the ring touches my fingers whereas some people can wear white gold for years without replating. I wonder if it is all part of a similar chemical reaction dependent on the individual?

I don't use a base coast but that could be part of the problem. I don't know. I assume it's some sort of reaction though.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staining is a normal reaction to some highly pigmented polish. If I don't use base coat, my nails stain as well but I never had any staining when using base coat.

Btw, I just used wipes with 30% DEET and it didn't react with my polish at all.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me know, Baby Monster.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore purple last night so I decided to try the Zoya Monica. OMG I did an awful job and suddenly I was behind schedule and we had a surprise birthday party to go to. I am rusty when it comes to doing it myself that is for sure. Can I get tips on how not to stain the cuticles? I think I applied too liberally. Anyway, I was only wearing polish for that one evening so I didn't want to get it done at the salon because for one night of polish it was not worth the money to get it done professionally but I need much more practice.

I was so busy taking pics of my opal in the car ride to the party that I didn't get any good nail polish pics-sorry about that but here's one I did get of my (badly done) nails.

Zoe, I think whether or not your nails stain depends partly on your chemistry and not solely dependent on base coat application because if memory serves me correctly I used to always apply base coat and still got staining. But I do wear very dark colors. Anyway that is why I just applied for one night and removed when I got home. Another difficult endeavor because my cuticles were a b***h to get clean from the polish. Haha. All in all not worth the effort for me but the Zoya color Monica is very pretty!

zoyamonica.jpg

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
baby monster said:
Opi What Wizardry is This. I bought a mini of this color to try liquid sand finish. Not sure I like gritty finish to my nails.

Throw a coat of high shine clear. It helps! I feel torn on that what wizardry is this color too. Dig the pigment. Not the texture

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All the more reason to keep them painted! Oh you should see my nekkid nails.......

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is Sephora's Formula X polish in Dusk.

_14475.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that color, Alj!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chatbandit|1391390043|3606735 said:
baby monster said:
Opi What Wizardry is This. I bought a mini of this color to try liquid sand finish. Not sure I like gritty finish to my nails.

Throw a coat of high shine clear. It helps! I feel torn on that what wizardry is this color too. Dig the pigment. Not the texture

that polish eats so much top coat...hard to make it smooth. I ended up mixing it with another non - textured polish to smooth it out.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1391404130|3606819 said:
This is Sephora's Formula X polish in Dusk.

Great color. How's the wear time on it? I haven't tried this new line yet. Sephora by Opi used to be great but they discontinued it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
thanks, Zoe - I loved it too!

Baby M, I just put it on yesterday and it's my first polish in this line, so I'll update with wear time once the week is done.

(And yes, this thread in what prompted me to go buy THREE new polishes last weekend - troublemakers!) :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A England Briar Rose

20140203_102655-1_1_.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Square Hue Broadway with Essie On a Silver Platter accent. I wouldn't normally pair these two but my nail broke and I needed a quick fix and this color dries really fast.

Julep Glam Roc (I have a purple problem)

_14488.jpg

_14489.jpg

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Essie... some shade of pink. I am tired of snowy Illinois and rockin' a spring color... while watching the Sochi olympics of course. :)

photo_536.jpg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I watched some YouTube videos and did this marble GEL mani. :D I did practice on my dd first then I did mine. :D Fun times!!! I ahve to say that I'm loving the gel nails still! I change my nails about once a week, rarely more often but only if it's a bad mani. Yesterday I think I may have figured out how to do the removal in the 10-15min time frame.... :D

:D img-1_0.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here's my first attempt at a "doticure." I used Julep Zora with Chanel Delight for the dots.

_14719.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1391958694|3611399 said:
I watched some YouTube videos and did this marble GEL mani. :D I did practice on my dd first then I did mine. :D Fun times!!!
Really cool! I've seen a spun sugar look I'd love to recreate some day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I can get my shiz together today I am either going to try to redo Erin with another topcoat or try Rihana from my Zoya stuff. I wanted to do it before the funeral the other day but time got away from me.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Zoya Rue. And you have really pretty hands Ame.

I like Essie's Cool Merino, too...

And the polka dot manicure is adorable librarychikie. I couldn't carry it (way too old :lol:) but it's really cute.

ETA: I'm sporting OPI's Syberian Nights. I've worn it before - I really like it.

I forget how to insert images...(is there like a cut and paste or must I download then reupload to server, etc.?)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1391983661|3611579 said:
Love the Zoya Rue. And you have really pretty hands Ame.

I like Essie's Cool Merino, too...

And the polka dot manicure is adorable librarychikie. I couldn't carry it (way too old :lol:) but it's really cute.

ETA: I'm sporting OPI's Syberian Nights. I've worn it before - I really like it.

I forget how to insert images...(is there like a cut and paste or must I download then reupload to server, etc.?)
Thanks.

When you're in your post, there's "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT" down below Submit. You upload your image to the site, and then can click "place inline" if you want it just to show.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cocobean22|1391907402|3611112 said:
Essie's Cool Merino :)

I really like this color!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked Missy's zoya picks so when I saw this color during my last drugstore trip, I had to buy it. Very dark vampy red. Plus it was on sale for 99cents. Never used this brand before, will see how long it lasts.

Wet & Wild Under Your Spell

2014-02-10_09.jpg

2014-02-10_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results