shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I told you guys I really only wear neutrals, and I think Aprilbaby posted wanting to see some examples. I finally got around to painting my nails tonight. This is 3 coats of Essie "Mademoiselle" and Essie "Good to Go" top coat. Mademoiselle is super sheer but it is a nice natural color with a fair amount of pink. The top coat I use makes the polish (whether it's 2 or 3 coats, thin or thick) dry really fast, and it hardens the polish so I can do nails right before bed and not worry about indentations from sheets/blankets.

_13489.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Currently wearing OPI, My Private Jet. I did these gel's by myself - I absolutely love, love, love this color!!!!!

screen_shot_2014-01-07_at_10.png

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
SquareHue Times Square, in terrible lighting. No sun today.

_13521.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, nice holo in that polish.

A London Rose Bower.

20140109_102151-1-1.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1389281479|3589527 said:

A London Rose Bower.

babymonster, that is gorgeous. Love it!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes|1389286698|3589585 said:
baby monster|1389281479|3589527 said:

A London Rose Bower.

babymonster, that is gorgeous. Love it!

Thanks rubyshoes!

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
The sparkly ones are amazing. I need the Times Square polish!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I didn't want to start a whole new thread about nail polish, so I though that I would post my quick question here instead. Do you match the nail polish on your fingers and toes? I have a formal event this weekend and I'm wearing peep toe heels. I plan to get a mani/pedi - should my colors match? Thanks!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1389380801|3590441 said:
I didn't want to start a whole new thread about nail polish, so I though that I would post my quick question here instead. Do you match the nail polish on your fingers and toes? I have a formal event this weekend and I'm wearing peep toe heels. I plan to get a mani/pedi - should my colors match? Thanks!
I think it looks more polished when they match, but there's no need. I don't think anyone will necessarily notice.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Zoya Sarah. It looks very different depending on lighting. My pics make it appear more red, but it leans towards magenta in most settings and only turns red under direct sunlight.

zoya_sarah_1.jpeg

zoya_sarah_2.jpeg

zoya_sarah_3.jpeg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1389380801|3590441 said:

If you like them to match, go ahead and match. But it's not necessary and even considered dated nowadays. Mine never match because pedis last so much longer and I like certain colors on my hands but not toes.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I decided to order some Zoya's with that promotion, and got:
Zoya Nail Polish in Erin
Zoya Nail Polish in Anne
Zoya Nail Polish in Rihana

I also ordered their mini set of remover, base/top coats and drying drops to try those out.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, I love Time Square on you!!.

Momhappy, I never match. My toes usually have crazier colors. For a formal event, I might do a darker version of what's on my finger and keep it in the same color family.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies so far in regards to matching vs. non-matching fingers & toes. I don't normally polish my finger nails - too much work & they don't last long enough. I always paint my toe nails though. I just figured that since this was a black tie event, and I was getting a mani/pedi, maybe matching was in order.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK, which colors do you pick for toes?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
baby monster said:
FK, which colors do you pick for toes?

During the summer, I love bright creamy pinks/orange/greens/blues. As bright as possible because my feet get very dark in the summer, but not shimmery colors because those tend to make my feet look dirty instead of tanned. Zoya Micky and Kali are my favorites.

For winter, I'll use a darker shimmery color and put glitter on top. I love the ones that look almost black, but have a hint of red/purple/blue/grey in the sun. I have too many favorites to list, but Zoya Storm is on the top of that list.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. I also feel some colors , like nudes, make my feet look dirty.

I looked up Micky. Looks like a nice pinky coral. Maybe I should add it to that try 3 promo. Is it opaque?

Also liking Maya. Do you have that one by any chance? If yes, any feedback on it?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Micky is opaque. It's also more pink than coral. I don't have Maya, but it looks like it might be nearly identical to Micky. I have so many zoya colors that are almost identical IRL, when they look much different on their site.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1389378211|3590419 said:
Anyone see Zoya's New Year's promotion?

3 nail polishes for "free" (have to pay $12 for shipping & handling).
http://www.zoya.com/content/category/something_big_is_coming.html

Thanks for posting this! I am trying out Bela, Mimi, and Sooki. I'm hoping the neutral is similar to OPI's Don't Burst My Bubble, and I am looking forward to the purple, as I want to wear it to my kids' swim meet later this month. Their team color is a royal purple. :) Fun thread!

Finally did my zoya order- I did the 32oz of remover because I'm running low and I really love that stuff. Then I did Stevie, Nyx, and Tomoko. All pixiedusts. I might order more, but as it is, I have 23 bottles on my desk that I haven't even tried out yet... hehe

Now im wearing Deborah Lippmann Sweet Dreams... its a hot pink jelly with holo flakies. It applied much like jelly... not a fan.... :rolleyes:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opi Skyfall.

_13642.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Narrowed down my zoya choices and ended up ordering Purity, Maya and Jaime. Dreaming about spring amid this freezing weather :sun:.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Anyone ever see China Glaze, Flip Flop Fantasy? I think that color is quite possibly the most amazing summer color out there. :love: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Put on Zoya Pixie Godiva for the first time. Turns out I'm not a fan of the sandpaper finish, so I put a topcoat over it. First two pics are w/o topcoat. Last pic w/topcoat.

So easy to apply and hard to mess up!

zoya_godiva_1.jpg

zoya_godiva_2.jpg

zoya_godiva_5.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1389382748|3590461 said:
Zoya Sarah. It looks very different depending on lighting. My pics make it appear more red, but it leans towards magenta in most settings and only turns red under direct sunlight.

Its like a saturated pink/red Mahenge spinel.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember|1389550934|3591442 said:
Anyone ever see China Glaze, Flip Flop Fantasy? I think that color is quite possibly the most amazing summer color out there. :love: :love:

Funny you mention Flip Flop Fantasy, I really want to get this colour and it looks fantastic when I google imaged it. I do have China Glaze Shocking Pink and it doesn't wear very well, apparently this happens with all neon colors (all brands). I find if i have it on my toes it flakes off really quickly, which never happens with any of the other nail polishes I have. And they dry matte which is not my style. All of this and it won't stop me from buying more because I love bright colors.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure why but I have a lot of trouble with Essie, I always flood my cuticles and get it on my skin. Weird because I don't feel like the formula is much different than anything else I have. Good thing I'm a SAHM and my toddlers don't seem to notice, although the oldest immediately told me to take this color off :lol:

Essie It's Genius

_13670.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK, yeah, textured finish can be annoying. Although I have to say the picture without topcoat looks amazing.

Kunzite, I have that Essie and it's one of my favorites. The formula is on jelly side so tends to travel a bit.

OPI Dark Room. Looks black in photo but it's actually dark green.

2014-01-13_13.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results