shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never seen that commercial but sounds funny. Are you going to return these? Even at 50%, they are expensive enough to expect better application.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could I see some really light neutrals??? I don't have any!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought one of Zoya's neutrals from the new collection. Will post a pic once I receive it.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Deborah Lippmann Through the Fire.

_12904.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Librarychickie, nice color.

OPI An Affair in Red Square. I love this shade and red square is such a fabulous place to have any kind of affair.

20131222_161834-1.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here's my Christmas manicure -- Chanel Rouge Rubis with a Chanel Delight accent nail.

_12929.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a fun thread, and great inspiration…I'm fairly new to wearing polish but I love it! This is OPI Berlin There Done That.

img_3126.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Librarychickie, I really love that DL.

I decided to do purple for the holidays, Julep's Aviva.

_12946.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooo excited!! The search is OVER!! :appl: :appl: I think I found the perfect neutral for my skin. I've been looking for something very light and just slightly opaque, matches my skin tone, which has a yellow/beige base, but also with just a hint of pink to make it pretty. I want it to be super subtle but obvious (kwim?), something you can still see and give your fingers a really polished look, and let's my jewelry be the stars. And you know how you've seen it on other people, and then you get the same polish and it doesn't look the same on your skin??

Here's the secret formula that goes exactly with my skin tone.

2 layers of Essie's Sandy Beach
1 layer of Essie's Mademoiselle

image_885.jpg

image_884.jpg

image_883.jpg

image_886.jpg

Yippeee!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread. So many pretty polishes.

This is my Christmas manicure, Sally Hansen's Wine Not.

uploadfromtaptalk1387836364603.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did this for Christmas. Unfortunately, this picture does not show how utterly blood red this red really is. Not cherry red, not brown, not oxblood, just....vibrant blood red.

The color is Lancome "Madame Tulipe", and the silver microglitter is by Sephora.

xmas_mani.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Great nails, everyone! I don't have my camera right now so can't participate. Love the highlight nail in a different colour. Aprilbaby - I have got a couple of nice neutrals and will post them in early January when I have my camera back. LLJsmom - your neutral looks great!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NYE special. Zoya Logan.

20131230_0.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My "winter" colors... even though it was 80 degrees this weekend! :cheeky:

Zoya Belinda on bottom, Zoya Mosheen on top. I did my nails about 3 days ago so you can see it growing out already.

nails_zoya_purple_blue_sparkle.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1387572867|3578291 said:
But I shouldn't have to for such expensive nail polish!! (whine + :angryfire: )

Have you seen that one chips commercial where the lady is getting a manicure and she sees the receptionist eating a bag of chips. The phone rings and she puts the chips down, the manicurist turns around, and when she returns to the lady she's working on, her nails are covered with pieces of chips? That's kind of how my nails looked. I should post a picture so you guys can all laugh, haha.

I think they tried to pack too much glitter into the polish. When I shake it up and apply, the first nail is okay. Then it gets thicker and thicker. By the time I get to the 3rd nail, I have to wipe off all the excess on the brush and clean up all the dried glitter build up around the inside of the bottle's neck.
That commercial cracks me up, but I always think "she ruined those chips with polish! she's eating polish!"

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous nails! Do most of you do it yourself or do you go for manicures?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD and I decided to impulsively go for a mani pedi this morning. Both DD and the tech convinced me to go for shellac w a french tip. I altered slightly to go w a grey/mauve on the tip and an antique silver toned shimmer overlay - full shimmer on both ring fingers. Fun! My first shellac and I am not big on anything other than a pale neutral, like Essie's "Topless and Barefoot".

I'm quite pleased w this! I have no idea of names... sorry

screen_shot_2013-12-30_at_2.png

screen_shot_2013-12-30_at_0.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! How is shellac removed?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1388430584|3583135 said:

According to the tech, each nail is individually foil wrapped and acetone is left to soak off the shellac. Not a fan of the acetone process --- hope it doesn't damage my nails ... But - it sure looks great now, so I'll enjoy it for the moment!

Enerchi|1388431077|3583145 said:

According to the tech, each nail is individually foil wrapped and acetone is left to soak off the shellac. Not a fan of the acetone process --- hope it doesn't damage my nails ... But - it sure looks great now, so I'll enjoy it for the moment!

I found that I could do shellac 2 or 3 times in a row but had to let them breathe after that or my nails got pretty weak.

I am wearing Lancome Etincelle D'Argent (071) (Holiday 2013) .. I didn't realize that it's a TEXTURED polish. Even with a super thick coat of Seche Vite on top my nails are snagging things. I am redoing them tonight!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1388431077|3583145 said:

Mine look like crap four months after having that done.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YIKES!!! So did the shellac ruin your nails, Aprilbaby?? oh no--- I have just got mine to a point where they are no longer splitting and peeling so that's why we treated ourselves to mani's today!! Oh crap --- I hope I haven't just damaged my nails. :shock:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1387569495|3578260 said:
I love Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. Just love it. They had a 50% off coupon, so I bought 4 more glitter polishes. They are AWFUL. Glitter And Be Gay is the first one I tried, and it was so thick/clumpy/difficult to apply that I eventually just piled it on and made my nails 2mm thick. It looked kind of cool from the top, but awful from the side. I tried Shake Your Money Maker today, and it was like a limp version of Glitter And Be Gay, but it slightly easier to apply. The base is tinted, so it masks the glitter's sparkles... which kind of defeats the purpose! Razzle Dazzle doesn't have the bigger glitter chunks, so it really looks no different than my Zoya shimmery polish. It shouldn't be listed under the glitter section. I haven't tried Va Va Voom yet, but I'm not optimistic.

Good thing I had a coupon. If I paid $19 for one, I'd be pissed.

Working on some new nails since they look terrible right now!

Was going through my phone and found a picture of Glitter And Be Gay. My cat's in the background, cleaning her ass... which about sums up my feeling towards this particular polish. :bigsmile: I applied two coats, which became a pile of glitter. I couldn't just do one coat because it was so chunky and uneven, so I was spackling it on by the clump. It looked like crap.

nails_deboral_lippmann_glitter_awful.jpg

I ended up with a NYE mani--- Zoya Storm (holo black) with Zoya Ziv (gold) on accent nail.

Enerchi|1388444507|3583354 said:
YIKES!!! So did the shellac ruin your nails, Aprilbaby?? oh no--- I have just got mine to a point where they are no longer splitting and peeling so that's why we treated ourselves to mani's today!! Oh crap --- I hope I haven't just damaged my nails. :shock:

I think you'll be ok as long as you don't pick at the polish- do not pull it off! Just enjoy it for now!!! 8-)

:lol: another post!

I hate hate haaate removing glitter polish,but I can't stop buying it! It's so pretty!!!!! My removal method is to rip a cotton ball in half, soak both in acetone and lay one on finger 1 and finger 2. I wait and start scrubbing finger 1- when the polish is gone, I put that cotton ball on finger 3 and start scrubbing on finger 2 that has been "soaking" for a bit... etc etc. It works quite well!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aprilbaby asked for some really light neutrals. This is Shell We Dance by Sally Hansen InstaGel. It's very sheer and neutral. A nice change from the red I've been wearing for Christmas the past couple weeks.

uploadfromtaptalk1388557693810.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1388459663|3583526 said:
ForteKitty|1387569495|3578260 said:
I love Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. Just love it. They had a 50% off coupon, so I bought 4 more glitter polishes. They are AWFUL. Glitter And Be Gay is the first one I tried, and it was so thick/clumpy/difficult to apply that I eventually just piled it on and made my nails 2mm thick. It looked kind of cool from the top, but awful from the side. I tried Shake Your Money Maker today, and it was like a limp version of Glitter And Be Gay, but it slightly easier to apply. The base is tinted, so it masks the glitter's sparkles... which kind of defeats the purpose! Razzle Dazzle doesn't have the bigger glitter chunks, so it really looks no different than my Zoya shimmery polish. It shouldn't be listed under the glitter section. I haven't tried Va Va Voom yet, but I'm not optimistic.

Good thing I had a coupon. If I paid $19 for one, I'd be pissed.

Working on some new nails since they look terrible right now!

Was going through my phone and found a picture of Glitter And Be Gay. My cat's in the background, cleaning her a$$... which about sums up my feeling towards this particular polish. :bigsmile: I applied two coats, which became a pile of glitter. I couldn't just do one coat because it was so chunky and uneven, so I was spackling it on by the clump. It looked like crap.

Ha ha FK! You just gave me a good chuckle!!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty, that's a sad case of glitter polish.

AprilBaby, I do my own nails.

So my green NYE polish chipped off so I decided to go with a neutral for a change. A - England Her Rose Adagio.

20140102_104344-1.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
China Glaze Good Witch

img_20140102_095516.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results