• White and gold

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Black and blue

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is NUTS. Looks white and gold to me but blue and black to my dh. This is freaking me out. :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1425038090|3838986 said:
This is NUTS. Looks white and gold to me but blue and black to my dh. This is freaking me out. :errrr:

Calliecake|1425006096|3838835 said:
Niel|1425005654|3838829 said:
Sitting in my living room with the lights low its black and blue. Wtf. I feel like I'm loosing my mind lol.

everyone that said blue and black, are you in dim lighting? Try looking st it in a bright room?

I'm going to make my hubby look at it in a bright room. I'll report back haha.

Thank you Niel! You are not alone I feel like I'm losing my mind as well. My husband just walked in the room and he sees it as black and blue and looked at me like I have three heads when I said I see it white and gold. We are in the same room, looking at it in the same light.

HAH! Me too. Same room, same lighting different perceptions. :-o

Mayk|1425003899|3838805 said:
So it's black and blue for me... I asked Mr Mayk to take a look... lavender and grey :-o Honey those were not options....not sure what that says about his vision. :sun:

OMG now I am seeing the first dress as lavender and grey too. LOL. :shock:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1425009348|3838860 said:
I am walking all over my place and tilting the screen at every possible angle and all I can see is gold and white... does that mean I'm color blind...???

Haha no I don't believe it means your color blind. Also it's very rare for women to be colorblind, anyways.

Like posted I guess it has something to do with rods and cones. My hubby when I showed him still couldn't see white and golf, regardless of lighting though. I think once you see blue you can't unsee it lol. When this started I was like "wtf is this a prank? " to " how the f is it blue and black what's wrong with you people?! " to "oh yeah OK I totally see it!"

Optical illusions are so cool. Haha

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I'm inthe doctor's office this morning (bright lights) and that crazy dress is White and Gold. Maybe I should ask for a scan on my head?!?

Last night in low lighting black and blue. DD sees black and blue when I can get her to look up from Candy Crush.
Holy Cow!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the angle of my screen. If tilted up, I see black and blue. If tilted down, I see gold and white.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been shown the same pic by different peeps since I casted by vote in this thread, and responded with the same answer each time, white and gold.

DK :))

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
What's more amazing than the colors of this dress, is the way it has taken over the internet :shock: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha yes. :D And not even an amazingly beautiful dress at that (IMO). :wink2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an excellent example of why I don't buy clothes on the internet. If I ordered a white and gold dress and a black and blue one showed up I'd be p!ssed off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1425045569|3839057 said:
This is an excellent example of why I don't buy clothes on the internet. If I ordered a white and gold dress and a black and blue one showed up I'd be p!ssed off.

Hahaha OMG me too. :lol: As if internet tax wasn't bad enough. :cheeky:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if a person sees the dress as gold and blue/lavender?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
When I first saw it I was at the gym on my phone, I saw blue and black, and could not understand why people were seeing gold and white. I got home and showed my husband just the picture of the dress, and he said blue and black. Then I said people are freaking out because some people see gold and white. Then suddenly, he could only see it as gold and white. I texted my sister, and she wrote "Gold and white, why?" so I informed her of the controversy. She was freaking out a bit, so stopped looking at it, and then went back to it and could suddenly see the blue and black. It keeps flipping for her and my husband, and when I look on a computer screen, I can understand the perception of white/gold, but I know the dress is blue/black.

WIRED explains why: http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The picture has changed colors for me multiple times. The picture of the dress posted above in different exposures is not what I'm seeing when it's changing colors. I'm seeing a very obvious paper white and gold. When it changed to blue and black it was a VERY black color and a VERY Navy blue color. The exposure has nothing to do with it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 9 months pregnant daughter facetimed me earlier freaking out over this dress thing. She kept insisting it was black and white. I didn't dare tell her it looks blue and gold to me. Might have sent her over the edge! :lol:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It was gold and white the first time I saw it. Now it's black and blue. My husband only sees white and gold.

This may be our first real fight. ;-)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1425045953|3839069 said:
What if a person sees the dress as gold and blue/lavender?

On the monitors that I see it's gold/white, I see more of a lavender colour instead of white. Actually I've never seen it like it looks like in the left picture Neil posted, but either the middle or right.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been able to get decent color representation with my iphone camera - it looks like this photographer is dealing with the same problem. :wink2:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see both. I saw it last night, and was like, obv white/gold. Then looked this morning, blue/black. And now, white/gold again.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby and I have been walking around the house doing our version of that phone commercial, except we keep saying, "Do you see it now?" And we just see blue and black.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cell-phone photography leaves alot to be desired.
Also, computer monitors are all different.
My DH, who is a professional photographer has pointed this out to me numerous times.
Also, the flash on the camera has blasted out the satiny fabric, making it look white.
It isnt that we are all having eye trouble, it's just bad photography!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I see white&gold only, I just can not convince myself the tone between dark blue&black can vary that much! Yes, the white part is blue color tinted, might be because of white balance issue. But the difference in tone is just too much.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only see blue and black in ALL the pictures. It's so frustrating not to be able to see the white and gold at all. :confused:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
The first time I saw it I thought it was obviously white and gold. Then, after looking at it, it morphed into the 2nd image (the light blue and gold/olive colors). I only saw the black and blue once, when I scrolled up after viewing the original image. Now, tilting my computer screen in low light changes it from white/gold to blue/black and back again. So weird.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was adamant about white and gold at first, although the white was in a shadow so could have been very pale blue (or the lavender some people report). But after a couple of hours last night, I could only see the medium blue and very dark brown (still don't see pure black in these pics). Today they are still blue and very dark brown. I know the color is off in the photo since the dress is deep royal blue and black, but it is really strange how the same picture can look so totally different. At first I thought I was seeing a different picture when the color changed...but it wasn't!!!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw the picture for the first time yesterday when a student showed it to me on her phone and asked what colors I thought it was. I said in that picture it looks like a light blue gray with green ochre-ish trim, but I think it it's just bad lighting - probably a white dress with gold trim. (Because that sounds like a sensible color combo - blue/ochre does not!)

No matter how long or in what light I look at it, it looks the same to me! It looks like the middle picture in the trio posted above. I even printed it out thinking it had to to do with screen resolution. Nope, still bluish grey with ochre trim. I can't for the life of me get it to look dark blue with black trim!

What does that say about my rods and cones...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1425045788|3839064 said:
This might help people who don't see how it could be any other color than what they see lol

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

The photo posted was the middle one, to which I thought looked white and tan/gold in bad lighting. The photo to the right looks nothing like the link to the actual dress in normal light. The original dress is clearly black and blue, but the left and middle look white and gold, only in different lighting or under a filter.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering how all the Pricescopers would respond to this, since there are many keen eyes here that are very sensitive to color. :bigsmile: Dh and I both see white and gold ONLY, in every lighting condition and at every angle. It doesn't morph into any other colors for me, no matter how long I stare or how many times I come back to this picture. It boggles my mind that *anyone* could possibly see royal blue and black because it is so incontrovertibly white and gold. To me at least. 8)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1425080540|3839429 said:
I can only see blue and black in ALL the pictures. It's so frustrating not to be able to see the white and gold at all. :confused:

This is how I feel about not being able to see the blue and black at all!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the middle one which is lavender and Gold. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results