shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your “jewelry rules”, if any?

I don’t have any particular rules, but I feel naked without my wedding ring.

Also, this is sort of different, but does anyone feel a connection between diamond stud size and age? I wear 1ctw studs most days and I feel like the size is perfect for me right now. I know it’s completely in my mind, but when I wear my smaller diamond studs I feel like I look younger. And even though I do plan to upgrade to a larger size eventually I have no interest in doing so right now because I feel like anything larger would make me look older than I am. This is just on me personally, I never see other women and think “wow those earrings make her look young/old” and I know it’s all in my mind anyway. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just my own flavor of crazy?

I would say you’re not the only one to think this way for sure! I mean, I don’t personally, but my studs are just a part of my earring wardrobe and not my “staple”. I can go weeks without wearing my studs at all!

But my mom for example, who wears almost exclusively studs at this point (her other earrings come out once in a while, but studs became her staple around the age of 50 or so) found that the pair that she used to wear (purchased in her 20s/30s) didn’t cut it for her anymore because she considered them incongruous with her age and like she was trying to look younger. So she bought a second pair at a significant jump and those are the studs she wears more often while her smaller pair is reserved for occasions where she doesn’t want to draw too much attention to herself.

I always thought multiple pairs of studs were kind of a waste, but I’m coming around to this thought process.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also, this is sort of different, but does anyone feel a connection between diamond stud size and age? I wear 1ctw studs most days and I feel like the size is perfect for me right now. I know it’s completely in my mind, but when I wear my smaller diamond studs I feel like I look younger. And even though I do plan to upgrade to a larger size eventually I have no interest in doing so right now because I feel like anything larger would make me look older than I am. This is just on me personally, I never see other women and think “wow those earrings make her look young/old” and I know it’s all in my mind anyway. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just my own flavor of crazy?
That’s me. Bot diamond studs but just big earrings. Bigger and dangly earrings look absolutely amazing on other people. I’m looking at you @yssie . Makes me drool and fantasize. I put them on and I feel old. I was scarred growing up in the 80s, watching Alexis and Krystal wearing gold door knockers on their ears.
Y’know. I totally get this!!
I’d love to imagine that my studs make me look young because they’re SOOOOO BIIIIIG that they give off... That “teenager got some special hand-me-downs from mum’s jewellery box” vibe. I do realize that at 33 I’m probably not fooling anyone into thinking I’m “just past teen” but the fantasy persists :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My rules

life is short
Pile it on and have fun
jewelry should be fun

Wear it for my own enjoyment

Don't be afraid to mix and match

Don't neglect thumbs and pinkies

Rules are made to be broken but i never wear anything more than 4 carrot difference on adjoining fingers

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s me. Bot diamond studs but just big earrings. Bigger and dangly earrings look absolutely amazing on other people. I’m looking at you @yssie . Makes me drool and fantasize. I put them on and I feel old. I was scarred growing up in the 80s, watching Alexis and Krystal wearing gold door knockers on their ears.

I am still influenced by Alexis and Krystal
I just wish i had kept my 80s stuff

another of my more recent rules

don't get rid of stuff because other people say they are old fashioned
The only person who needs to like my jewlery is me

My mum's big rule written in her will
do not sell her jewlery
(Luckily she had good taste and i love all my inherited pieces)

But i would and i have adapted pieces to be more wearable for me rather than have stuff stay in a box for another generation

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't know about you but since ive got glasses for reading i cant even see the diamond studs in my 3rd lobe piercing!
I need to move my largest studs (a miserable 1ctw) to the top piercing and get larger ones for the othe two holes :lol:

I need bigger not smaller !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha spoken like a true PSer. :appl:

stillfits.jpg

:)

Exactly. No one size or one way fits all. You do you and if you love and enjoy wearing it your confidence will shine. As brightly as the bling. :love:
And isn't that what it is all about? Making you feel good.

=)2

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
My only rule is to never leave the house with no jewelry on! Haha

Ditto, to that. I leave my earrings on 24/7 - outside of cleaning them. Feels so weird without them.

I wear my wedding band and eternity ring on my left hand 24/7 outside of some bike and horse stuff where they could do serious damage to my hand if they got caught. Other than that, they rarely come off outside of cleaning them if I am using chemical cleaners.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Late edit/ reality check :lol:
I say i like to mix and match but maybe i should have said i like the idea of mixing and matching

Its weird, i dont mind mixed metal colours on my fingers (not touching of course)

But ears are a different story and must co-oridinate in the same colour setting
I have 3 pairs of piercings - just im my lobes
Im having a lot of trouble finding nice looks
Ive also found i like the necklase to be the same colour as the eaeings

I think I'd be ok with a braclete being more of the mix and match look

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It appears I have one rule:

I buy them. She wears them.

Or is that two rules? :)

I wear my wedding ring. I haven't worn a watch since cars, computers and microwaves got clocks.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Diamond studs (my ears are naked now) I have no other earrings
My wedding band on left hand
My ER and small band on right hand
My Wrap ring with stones from my mothers cocktail ring in the middle (I change this ring from time to time
Tennis bracelet
some sort of cute necklace with mini pendant

weekends no ER and no diamond tennis braclet

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my only rule is rings on ring fingers only, and almost never anything on my right hand.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no jewelry "rules", though I do have preferences ...
Wear only one diamond, and that is in a tension set in a ring.

When buying, Cut is King!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I also never leave without jewelry on. I don't feel properly dressed otherwise. Few exceptions. It's the diamond for every life situation thing.

Hands: I feel loaded fast. Two rings are the max. If I wear a solitaire or cluster or other statement ring, I usually only wear that as a stand alone. If I wear another ring, it can only be a band.

Ears: I always wear earrings.

I can mix yg, rg and wg as well as wg and rg or wg and yg, but never yg and rg.

I don't feel that I have to wear my engagement ring / wedding band all the time. But I have this strange rule that I feel the urge to always wear a ring that my husband gave to me. This rule only applies when I am out alone. It does not apply when I'm with my husband.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also never leave without jewelry on. I don't feel properly dressed otherwise. Few exceptions. It's the diamond for every life situation thing.

Hands: I feel loaded fast. Two rings are the max. If I wear a solitaire or cluster or other statement ring, I usually only wear that as a stand alone. If I wear another ring, it can only be a band.

Ears: I always wear earrings.

I can mix yg, rg and wg as well as wg and rg or wg and yg, but never yg and rg.

I don't feel that I have to wear my engagement ring / wedding band all the time. But I have this strange rule that I feel the urge to always wear a ring that my husband gave to me. This rule only applies when I am out alone. It does not apply when I'm with my husband.

Awwwwwww :kiss2:

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
My only rule is to always 24/7 have a ring (engagement, wedding band, anniversary ring, something) on the ring finger of my left hand at all times. I feel it connects me to my husband.

Otherwise, I have no rules.

The only time that I don't wear a ring on my left hand is when I'm working in dirt; like when sticking my hand in potting soil or the earth when planting flowers. And that is only for a brief time on rare occasions. However, I just don't feel "right" with a naked ring finger on my left hand.

When I travel internationally to places where wearing good jewelry is not recommended, I'll slip on a cheap, fake ring (that won't attract attention) for out in public. But then, I'll immediately exchange it for one of my "real" rings on as soon as I get back to the hotel where it's "safe".

I like jewelry and will wear rings on all fingers (except for my thumbs). I have fat thumbs. I also have all kinds of necklaces and bracelets galore. Gold & silver, one color & two-tone, diamond & gemstones; plus a few items of costume jewelry necklaces & pins. I almost never wear the costume jewelry (but do have some pretty pieces; either inherited or given to me by friends). I also feel that a CJ necklace or pin will sometimes add just the right punch to a particular outfit. I feel it's okay to mix "real", fine jewelry with costume jewelry that obviously isn't real. But I mainly wear the "real stuff" because I really like it. But other kinds of jewelry can be pretty, too.

I have never pierced my ears. I missed that boat as a young teen when all my friends were getting their ears pierced. And I have never wanted to change that fact. So maybe I do have another jewelry rule: that one is to keep my ears virgin. :roll: LOL. However, I have occasionally worn inexpensive, costume jewelry clip/or screw-on earrings on occasion in the past. So I'm not anti earrings. I just don't want holes in my ears. If I did have pierced ears, I'd probably have sizable diamonds in them. Diamond studs are so pretty.

As I said, I like jewelry. Diamonds and high end sapphires are my favorites, but I like it all. I don't wear toe rings, but I do wear gold and jeweled ankle bracelets.

I wear jewelry to please myself & no one else. Sometimes, I load it on. Other times, it's just the ring on my left hand. If my the ring finger on my left hand is bare, I feel naked.

Until recent years, I only wore my wedding set on that hand. My anniversary bands went on the right hand. But modern travel warnings made me decide that I didn't want to risk losing my irreplaceable, heirloom engagement diamond. So I changed to my anniversary band when I traveled to "iffy" locations. The world situation has since even worsened. So then, I got a cheap ring (that doesn't matter if someone takes it) to just wear in any potentially dangerous when out in public in a questionable area. Anyhow, travel got me used to sometimes substituting one of my anniversary bands to my left hand; even at home. I prefer my original wedding set. But I like my anniversary bands, too because they have the same meaning & came from my husband.

Bottom line: One Rule: a ring on the ring finger of my left hand. After that, anything goes. No rules. Just enjoyment.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I am still influenced by Alexis and Krystal
I just wish i had kept my 80s stuff

another of my more recent rules

don't get rid of stuff because other people say they are old fashioned
The only person who needs to like my jewlery is me

My mum's big rule written in her will
do not sell her jewlery
(Luckily she had good taste and i love all my inherited pieces)

But i would and i have adapted pieces to be more wearable for me rather than have stuff stay in a box for another generation

Love your mom! I’m writing up a codicil to my will right away!!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t leave the house without earrings, necklace and a ring on each hand.
This is the bare minimum!
My only rule is if I take off a piece of jewelry it ALWAYS goes in the same porcelain dish.
If it’s not on me then it’s in the dish.
I simply can’t handle the panic of “where did I take it off and put it”!!

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I always go out with at least one piece of jewelry.

Makeup and earrings are a set for me. I either wear both or none.

I have a dainty bracelet with a star and moon charm thats 18k gold thats on one of my wrists at all times. And I really do mean at all times (except when I am cleaning it). My mother got it for me when I was 10 (I was a big fan of star and moon patterns), and I have been wearing it for almost 20 years now. It's holding up well and it's been on me for so long that I feel like it's a part of my identity haha. Seeing it always makes me smile because when I was looking at the bracelet in the store at age 10, my mother told me to not be ashamed of asking for expensive jewelry and that I can wear anything I want.

Edit: Attaching a photo of the bracelet.

No ankle bracelets or toe rings and no watches.

Attachments

• 16226148810217891121726499708609.jpg
    16226148810217891121726499708609.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
One ring to rule them all. I dislike variety.

I love looking at PS beauties but don't wear necklaces, earrings, bracelets, RHRs. All jewellery funds are funnelled into one single preciousssss.

I used to wear the whole shebang, but stopped when I had to work night shifts, and realised I'm much more comfortable with less on. Also realised the sky wouldn't fall in if I went out with empty ear holes :D

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
  • I tend to only wear one of everything ie. never stacking rings, bracelets or necklaces!
  • Never wear long earrings AND a necklace at the same time.
  • Feel naked without earrings so always at least wear studs.
  • I rarely mix metal colours.
  • I’m too petite to wear large chunky jewellery.
  • I don’t mind costume earrings but loathe it for anything else.
  • All my jewellery comes off immediately when I get home!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
When I was younger I used to pile on gold jewellery. Now, I still wear a "lot" of jewellery but nothing like I used to. I wear a Moissy pendant,Hanadama pearl earrings,& matching necklace & bracelet, wedding set & right hand ring. On my left hand I wear my Rolex & 5ct tennis bracelet (moissy) I change up my earrings & sometimes wear 4 sets of tiny studs in each ear.I used to stack bracelets & I loved the look but now I just like to wear one on each wrist

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here goes mine:
I always wear bracelets and feel naked without them. I always hear my auntie saying a dry arm is the worst and I live by that.

I only like stud earrings. Your either a hoop girl or a stud girl and I secretly hate hoops.

When jewelry looks dated it needs to be recycled.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results