shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Burmesedaze for the company and showing me your jewels! I enjoyed looking at them in person.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Burmesedaze for the company and showing me your jewels! I enjoyed looking at them in person.
As did the stall vendors enjoy looking at YOUR gems :D

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixing metals with my reds. Tourmaline and ruby. Both bought second hand, so got amazing deals! IMG_20170628_063049365~2.jpg IMG_20170628_065606236~2.jpg IMG_20170628_063520239~2.jpg
Really beautiful reds! They look great together!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only brought my Tahitian pearl set, a lavender carved jadeite bangle, and my star ring on my mini vacation, so here is what I'm wearing today....last pic with flash. They are kind of my go to, all wardrobe, all season staples.

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BUT, I'll post some good pictures of jewelry which I find throughout the day!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue on a blue floral dress with a touch of baby pink. I always thought my spinel was a light peach, but it goes light pink in the day in this setting :)

20170628_144119.jpg

20170628_144127.jpg
That is such an elegant combination, Burmesedaze! Those blues and that print. I really love the pink/peach color of your spinel! Gorgeous and fresh, like a rose.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my legrandite and my tiny, tiny Paraiba earrings. The earrings were made from a bracelet my Dad gave me when I was little. I had two other of the links turned into earrings for my Mom and the rest used to make my husbands wedding ring.
legrandite.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my legrandite and my tiny, tiny Paraiba earrings. The earrings were made from a bracelet my Dad gave me when I was little. I had two other of the links turned into earrings for my Mom and the rest used to make my husbands wedding ring.
legrandite.jpg
What wonderful pieces, Vesper. They are SO original. I've never seen a pendant like that before. The earrings...how sentimental! Love the gold too.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, a couple days ago I shared a bracelet I'd found hidden at home. Today, just feet from where I found it, I found more. Have to share with other cs people. These, both bought love getting before PS are a Tanzanite three stone and an amethyst 20170628_111400.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only brought my Tahitian pearl set, a lavender carved jadeite bangle, and my star ring on my mini vacation, so here is what I'm wearing today....last pic with flash. They are kind of my go to, all wardrobe, all season staples.

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

Umm, missy? Do you think you can just not post the lavender carved jadeite bangle?!! <sputter, sputter, harumph..>

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3413.JPG
Umm, missy? Do you think you can just not post the lavender carved jadeite bangle?!! <sputter, sputter, harumph..>
Alright, here it is! Excuse the poor pictures.im not capturing aspects of it well, but hopefully the feeling of it comes through. This bangle has a story which helps to understand it. It is the oldest jade which I own. It's old enough that it was ALL hand carved. One can tell because when one rubs it, one feels little tiny areas that were individually polished, instead of the seamless machine polish. And, they did such a good job that it looks wet most of the time. It features the dragon following the Phoenix, separated by 2 jade pearls. There was likely a stone line where the pearls are, so the carver skillfully created a split there. The dragon represents, as I understand it, the power of the forces in nature, and the Phoenix, the power of one's personal journey. There is an inherent tension and relationship between our personal paths, and the larger forces which we find ourselves influenced by. Pearls are often featured with dragons. The swirls are the tail feathers of the Phoenix, which is very stylized. The dragon head emerges out of the lavender part of the jade, as if coming up from underneath water. Only the head is showing.
The jade is extremely translucent , but I couldn't capture that in the pics. This is one of my all time favorites because of the symbolism, hand work, and use of the stone. I think the artist expressed the soul of this piece of jade. Its my good luck piece of jewelry!

IMG_3437.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, a couple days ago I shared a bracelet I'd found hidden at home. Today, just feet from where I found it, I found more. Have to share with other cs people. These, both bought love getting before PS are a Tanzanite three stone and an amethyst 20170628_111400.jpg
Wow, thankfully you found them! I would be crushed if I had lost them. They look really lovely on you.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue zircon (3 ct) and lavender spinel (1.5 ct). Diamond platinum band.

IMG_7027.JPG

Such a divine lavender spinel. The setting is dramatic, which I love! What a great zircon as well. I love how you wear many rings together.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL: love the spinel.

BG: After that beautiful description and that deep symbolism, I'd love your bracelet no matter what, but it sure is a beauty. I think if it were mine, I wouldn't be able to stop running my fingers across it. :))

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL: love the spinel.

BG: After that beautiful description and that deep symbolism, I'd love your bracelet no matter what, but it sure is a beauty. I think if it were mine, I wouldn't be able to stop running my fingers across it. :))
Thank you so much! I'm out to dinner, and the natural light captures the colors much more realistically, and the type of jade shows more clearly.

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At first, I was hesitant to buy it in spite of feeling love at first sight, because of the delicacy of the jade pearls. But then I realized that it's survived in tact for this long....and now I wear it often as a talisman. Jade is amazingly tough.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, what's the carving at the other side of the bangle?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, what's the carving at the other side of the bangle?
Do you mean where the swirls are? Those are feathers....and there isn't anything on the back of the bangle. And on the other side are just the ears of the dragon. It's really stylized, so that the Phoenix is represented by just these feather swirls.

IMG_3446.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At first, I was hesitant to buy it in spite of feeling love at first sight, because of the delicacy of the jade pearls. But then I realized that it's survived in tact for this long....and now I wear it often as a talisman. Jade is amazingly tough.

Exquisite! I'm sure I'm not the only one falling in love with jade because of you!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz your jade is stunning!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For the Chinese weddings, the dragon and phoenix symbolise the harmony between male and female energy. Hence a pair of "dragon phoenix" gold bangles that are usually given by relatives, parents; having the dragon and phoenix featuring on the red bridal dress, etc.

Your jadeite bangle is certainly unusual. I love the "water" look it has and the soft colour contrast and stylised carvings. Completes the "water" look.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore this little step cut tourmaline on my right hand today and decided to move it to my left so I could take a photo with two other blue/green tourmalines. :D

20170629_175839.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore this little step cut tourmaline on my right hand today and decided to move it to my left so I could take a photo with two other blue/green tourmalines. :D

20170629_175839.jpg

Oooh...color coordinating. I love it! :kiss:

amyek

Rough_Rock
I am wearing my custom Roger Dery pink topaz (center) with 2 6 mm baby pink spinel rounds that I bought from Elle. The 2 species match remarkably well. It is a big ring! I love it - ha ha I am wearing it on my right ring finger, but put it on my middle for photography purposes.

Ring.png

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minous and Vesper, thank you for the kind words! Iam delighted that you appreciate jade! The qualities in jade are not thought about in the same way in western sensibility, but once one starts to understand it, one can never go back. It's like a shift in consciousness.

Burmesedaze, thank you for that information! I had heard of this, but did not realize that the dragon and Phoenix are featured in the red wedding dresses. Thank you for the compliment as well.

One thing I forgot to mention about carved jade, usually a piece of jade is carved when there are stone lines which might otherwise be distracting. As in the case of my carved bangle, because of the translucence, these stone lines would be glaringly obvious if not carved. The carver removed a major line or crack where the split is, but along the line of the main Phoenix feather swirl, there is a stone line, cleaverly concealed by the carving. Stone lines are not cracks, but folds in the crystal martrix from intense pressure. They often are related to how colorant minerals get into the jade. So whatever was removed in the gap of my bangle, was the main path of colorant for the jade, as evidenced by the colors on each side of the split, and directly below it, on the bottom of the bangle. Carved jade is often ingenious, as the carving design is made for the jade. The more skilled the carver, the better the design. What I like about this bangle is that the essence was captured without excess.
A quick thought...many modern jade carved pieces are machine carved, where the same design is put on thousands of pieces. One can tell by seeing a highly detailed carving on a piece of jade that doesn't warrant the work, such as an opaque piece with an elaborate and fine dragon and Phoenix. Just FYI..I have a pendant which was machine carved. I'll show it when I get home.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results