shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I'm delighted that you like it! It's currently being restored, repolished, retipped prongs and resized. Hopefully it will be done in 2 weeks. I seriously cannot wait to wear it on a daily basis with my other one. I had the stats wrong...it's 34.3 carats, with 2.60 carats in diamonds. As you can see in this picture, one of the long, baguette diamonds on the side was whacked at some time. In order to fix this, I'll eventually have to have a diamond especially cut. But that can wait for some time. As a 100 year old ring, with a little TLC, I don't mind that one 'flaw' for now. When it's done, I'll be able to capture the star better, which I haven't captured well in pics.

IMG_3414.JPG
Oh wow!! What a fantastic size. I did not see the diamonds at first. You have an antique treasure that I know you will cherish! I can't wait to see pics once it has been restored.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! What a fantastic size. I did not see the diamonds at first. You have an antique treasure that I know you will cherish! I can't wait to see pics once it has been restored.
Thank you for sharing my joy! I'm really, REALLY in love with it. thats only happened a few times in my collecting . I feel strangely at peace and satisfied since purchasing it. Now I'm happy to not buy anything for a while.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing my joy! I'm really, REALLY in love with it. thats only happened a few times in my collecting . I feel strangely at peace and satisfied since purchasing it. Now I'm happy to not buy anything for a while.

Don't you just love that satisfied (for a while) Cheshire cat smile feeling....

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't you just love that satisfied (for a while) Cheshire cat smile feeling....
Oh yes! I love your description! I am just glad I had a second chance with the ring. The whole thing was strange. Saw it on a trip to Santa Barbara, and it was love at first sight, the size, the poetic and mysterious color, etc., BUT my husband had just bought and surprised me, 3 days before, with an emerald bracelet, and I felt badly about then wanting the ring as well.

We went home, and I couldn't stop thinking of it. Talked to him about it late at night, and dreamed about how I would wear it, how it would go with my jade bangles and my other things. Then, I found the one star ring which I purchased shortly there after, which I love equally. And, I wanted to celebrate having passed a career related exam, so the star ring symbolized that accomplishment. People around me told me that they prefer it for the more modern look, etc. and I fell in love with that one too. I felt that maybe I'd be able to forget about the older star back in Santa Barbara, and was convinced that it would sell.

Sigh... I was just wrong. 2 months after I first saw it, 2-3 weeks after I got the other star, we went back to Santa Barbara. When I visited the store , it was absolute love at first sight AGAIN! And, the owner, who is a lovely, demure woman, calmly said to me as I entered the store, " you're here to get your ring. It's been waiting for you." As a true believer in jewelry karma, I just knew that she was right.

I believe I'll be happy for a while. There are things that I'd love to collect, to fill out my collection. And, there are some missing pieces, and I'd love, for example, to finally get some emerald earrings...but those don't exist in the deep heart level for me.
Sometimes jewel collecting is about finding stones that feel as though they belong to your soul. And when that happens, it's PURE JOY!!!

Last edited:

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_6751.JPG
My 1st love... Cushion cut Tanzanite in platinum with diamonds. My 1st serious gift to self circa 2001... it looks different in various lighting, more blue than purple & gets some red flashes outdoors... I have quite a few tanzanite pcs but this has remained my fave! Pics never do it justice.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6751.JPG
My 1st love... Cushion cut Tanzanite in platinum with diamonds. My 1st serious gift to self circa 2001... it looks different in various lighting, more blue than purple & gets some red flashes outdoors... I have quite a few tanzanite pcs but this has remained my fave! Pics never do it justice.
Wow, Kbell, that's one stunning tanzanite ring! Fabulous size and proportions on your finger. I love the double prongs on the corners, which also protect it. What a wonderful gift to yourself!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
....Now I'm on a jewelry ban for a while...
IMG_3423.JPG

Wait... that's a real thing??? ;-) you keep being fabulous lol and thank you for allowing the ps'ers to live through you I thoroughly love it!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, Kbell, that's one stunning tanzanite ring! Fabulous size and proportions on your finger. I love the double prongs on the corners, which also protect it. What a wonderful gift to yourself!
Thank you!!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait... that's a real thing??? ;-) you keep being fabulous lol and thank you for allowing the ps'ers to live through you I thoroughly love it!
YOU are fabulous! What a kind and generous thing to say! I'll keep the passion going with all of you!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6751.JPG

What in the...where have you been hiding this thing?!! :love: It's stunning. It's gorgeous! I want!!! :lol-2::mrgreen:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kbell- Stunning color on that tanzanite ring.

Lilmosun- lovely nails and beautiful rings. I love how you paired these rings together because they look great together yet don't compete against each other.

KaeKae- Very pretty. I love how you stacked your rings too.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20170706-113852.png
Screenshot_20170706-113507.png

So it's a beautifully clear sunny day here today. My toddler noticed the bright moon, in the deliciously blue sky outside our front room windows which led to us staring up at the sky for a few minutes finding "spaceships" and cloud monsters...

It inspired me to wear my opals today. I don't wear my opal ring nearly enough (love it and I'm afraid I might get it scratched)!

I wear my black opal / hayuniye / certified pallasite peridot pendant almost everyday but I normally forget about it and it gets tucked into my top and that's that. Today I'll make a conscious effort to look at it throughout the day and day dream about the outer space places my ET peridot has been; and the journey before its final destination after however many million years, here around my neck.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20170706-113852.png
Screenshot_20170706-113507.png

So it's a beautifully clear sunny day here today. My toddler noticed the bright moon, in the deliciously blue sky outside our front room windows which led to us staring up at the sky for a few minutes finding "spaceships" and cloud monsters...

It inspired me to wear my opals today. I don't wear my opal ring nearly enough (love it and I'm afraid I might get it scratched)!

I wear my black opal / hayuniye / certified pallasite peridot pendant almost everyday but I normally forget about it and it gets tucked into my top and that's that. Today I'll make a conscious effort to look at it throughout the day and day dream about the outer space places my ET peridot has been; and the journey before its final destination after however many million years, here around my neck.
Respinel, I love your description and analogy between the sky, astral bodies and your opal pendant and ring. So much meaning and individual choice. Really love pieces like that which are not mainstream but chosen for highly personal reasons. They are both lovely!

amyek

Rough_Rock
I am wearing my Topazolite ring. It has a 7 mm center and 6 mm side stones. The stones are in yellow gold and the shank is in Palladium. I had it custom-made. It is slightly lighter and brighter in person. The pic added darkness for some reason. I love the dispersion - rainbow city! Thanks for posting all of your beauties too. This string is fun.

IMG_0853.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing my Topazolite ring. It has a 7 mm center and 6 mm side stones. The stones are in yellow gold and the shank is in Palladium. I had it custom-made. It is slightly lighter and brighter in person. The pic added darkness for some reason. I love the dispersion - rainbow city! Thanks for posting all of your beauties too. This string is fun.

IMG_0853.JPG
Wow, what a great ring!!! So interesting! Love the palladium contrasted with the colors of the stones. I've not heard ofTopazolite before. I'm off to look it up!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0853.JPG
I like the contrast in the gemstones of your ring. I see a darker body color and what I think would be flashes of bright yellow as light reflects off the facets. Very unique and beautiful.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's my brown disco ball today, still waiting on her sister from another mister at the jeweler. She's getting a lot of out on the town time this month.

IMG_4896.JPG

amyek

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Topazolite is a type of andradite garnet. It throws rainbows like demantoid. The stones are an olive green with flashes of yellow for sure!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's my brown disco ball today, still waiting on her sister from another mister at the jeweler. She's getting a lot of out on the town time this month.

IMG_4896.JPG
Wow! Now that ring has a presence! I adore that color!! You're getting a sister ring?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Topazolite is a type of andradite garnet. It throws rainbows like demantoid. The stones are an olive green with flashes of yellow for sure!
Yes, Your ring inspired me to read about it. Very gorgeous!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow! Now that ring has a presence! I adore that color!! You're getting a sister ring?

I have a 90's marquise/princess cut in 18k being reset as we speak into a new deco creation.. I can't wait to get her back. She will be quite the statement piece! not bigger than this girl, but different. Youll see ;-)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 90's marquise/princess cut in 18k being reset as we speak into a new deco creation.. I can't wait to get her back. She will be quite the statement piece! not bigger than this girl, but different. Youll see ;-)
That's going to be amazing, I'm sure! Looking forward to seeing it!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious as I don't live in the US and don't own a car... Why do so many US PSers take photos of their bling while in the car? Is the light better? Or is it the relative privacy while being semi-outdoors? Isn't it dangerous to take photos while driving? [emoji23] sorry if it's a silly question!

PS I love that green ring, is it a mint garnet?

I think it's the lighting. I know my yellow diamond in my picture up there looks great in the car. My other stones, too.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's the lighting. I know my yellow diamond in my picture up there looks great in the car. My other stones, too.
For many of us it is our time alone without the kids or pets jumping on us. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results