shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore this little step cut tourmaline on my right hand today and decided to move it to my left so I could take a photo with two other blue/green tourmalines. :D

20170629_175839.jpg
Mochito, such a bouquet of blue freshness. Very luscious.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellows today to match my bright yellow pants :) citrine and gold chandeliers, citrine pear, sapphire and diamond Halo. IMG_20170629_055859911~2.jpg IMG_20170629_060041004_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20170629_060108068_HDR~2.jpg
Fantastic combination! I love that this goes with yellow pants! That sapphire ring looks very impressive in color and size. You are lucky that you can wear yellow. I love that color but I find it hard to wear. Then there are some people on whom it looks fantastic, and you are one of them. I commend your total outfit with yellow gems, yellow pants, and all the flair to wear these together. .

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing my custom Roger Dery pink topaz (center) with 2 6 mm baby pink spinel rounds that I bought from Elle. The 2 species match remarkably well. It is a big ring! I love it - ha ha I am wearing it on my right ring finger, but put it on my middle for photography purposes.

Ring.png
Really lovely ring! That's amazing that it's a topaz with 2 spinels! They look great together. Is there a difference in color or sparkle in different lights?

amyek

Rough_Rock
Really lovely ring! That's amazing that it's a topaz with 2 spinels! They look great together. Is there a difference in color or sparkle in different lights?
Thank you! yes, the spinels show more pink in fluorescent light. They are a pretty darn good match to the topaz though.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my Lightening Ridge black opal (N1/Color play 4.5) with my emerald and pearl band. Can you tell I had an allergic reaction to juniper bushes?
unnamed.jpg
Fantastic stack, with true delicacy and elegance. Could be thousands of years old! Truly timeless. Really love that black opal!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some classic pieces which I saw yesterday, mostly A grade jadeite...a slim, opaque but lively lavender jade hinged bangle, a huge jadeite ring, interesting setting, a nice tourmaline...nothing mind blowing in terms of design yet. So far I've seen very classic things. I saw some super expensive Californian nephrite jade, carved by a famous carver in Asian styles, a dragon, Buddha, etc. I found also some wonderful vintage emeralds, with fantastic saturation, from Colombia, old stock.
One store, which was extremely high end, had classic settings, with extremely high quality gems, but the settings weren't very innovative in my opinion. I would have taken pictures but the sales person/owner seemed very gruff and had a faint smell of alcohol, and there was a guard with a gun pacing around. Not a pleasant atmosphere.
IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

Last edited:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, your rings are deadly weapons! Lol. Be careful you might accidentally knock people down. ;-)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, your rings are deadly weapons! Lol. Be careful you might accidentally knock people down. ;-)
I know, right? That jadeite ring might as well be a brass knuckle!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I want them ALL..just gorgeous :)

Some classic pieces which I saw yesterday, mostly A grade jadeite...a slim, opaque but lively lavender jade hinged bangle, a huge jadeite ring, interesting setting, a nice tourmaline...nothing mind blowing in terms of design yet. So far I've seen very classic things. I saw some super expensive Californian nephrite jade, carved by a famous carver in Asian styles, a dragon, Buddha, etc. I found also some wonderful vintage emeralds, with fantastic saturation, from Colombia, old stock.
One store, which was extremely high end, had classic settings, with extremely high quality gems, but the settings weren't very innovative in my opinion. I would have taken pictures but the sales person/owner seemed very gruff and had a faint smell of alcohol, and there was a guard with a gun pacing around. Not a pleasant atmosphere.
IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want them ALL..just gorgeous :)
Sigh... I wouldn't mind getting the 2 jadeite rings. The lavender one is very opaque, but I love the setting and large size. It's just big, dramatic, simple and beautiful! The green jadeite had a lovely, fresh color. They had them in different sizes and I showed the largest. I suppose I feel that smaller rings don't really look good on me due to the size of my hands.but I will not be getting those. I've got my eye on another ring...if I buy it, I'll post pictures here.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is the piece I've had my eye on and just couldn't stop thinking about. I bought the other star, but when I visited it again, I realized that I love them both for different reasons, and one can never be a substitute for the other. So, I ended up buying this star sapphire ring. It's 29 carats ( the darker one), an art deco piece in platinum. It's going to be repolished, stone and metal, with redone prongs, and sized up so that I can wear it on my index finger, next to the other one pictured which I own. I've had a passion for stars lately! Now I'm on a jewelry ban for a while...

IMG_3423.JPG

Last edited:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So this is the piece I've had my eye on and just couldn't stop thinking about. I bought the other star, but when I visited it again, I realized that I love them both for different reasons, and one can never be a substitute for the other. So, I ended up buying this star sapphire ring. It's 29 carats ( the darker one), an art deco piece in platinum. It's going to be repolished, stone and metal, with redone prongs, and sized up so that I can wear it on my index finger, next to the other one pictured which I own. I've had a passion for stars lately! Now I'm on a jewelry ban for a while...

IMG_3423.JPG
Yes! I can't wait to see it polished up!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real talk. I'm living through you at the moment.
What a complinent! You have added so much to my inspiration, thank you! I hope I can return the favor!

I went to another jewelry store...some things, a vintage sapphire ring, and a black opal ring, heated but exceptionally clear ruby ring, and some emeralds. Earrings look terrible in pictures, much, much better in person. Not sure why they look so included!

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last visit to another jewelry store. These pieces were super high end. Loved them all! Fabulous rubies, emeralds and sapphires. I saw one, 5 carat star ruby for 24k, and that was modest for them. A window full of paraiba, check out the bracelet! And a very elegant tourmaline ring, and an edgy pink opal and spinel pendant. The pink looked almost like conch pearl or coral. They also had a diamond chain for it. Love the proportions. All the things were simply amazing.

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I was wearing my high karat gold filigree peacock and flower, with spessartite beads. I also bought this silk, embroidered blouse specifically for these jewelry pieces.

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

on top of everything, love your blouse!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm going to be wearing these new ice Mozambique Amazonite beads that look like a mix of gel silica and paraiba, and also these very clear star rose quartz beads.the last picture is from the seller, but this is exactly what they look like.

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3491.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_3423.JPG
It's gorgeous Bluegemz! I love your style!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous Bluegemz! I love your style!
Thank you! I'm delighted that you like it! It's currently being restored. Hopefully it will be done in 2 weeks. I seriously cannot wait to wear it on a daily basis with my other one. I had the stats wrong...it's 34.3 carats, with 2.60 carats in diamonds. As you can see in this picture, one of the long, baguette diamonds on the side was whacked at some time. In order to fix this, I'll eventually have to have a diamond especially cut. But that can wait for some time. As a 100 year old ring, with a little TLC, I don't mind that one 'flaw... I really hate calling such things ' flaws'. When it's done, I'll be able to capture the star better, which I haven't captured well in pics, once it's got a better polish on it.

IMG_3414.JPG

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results