shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Do opals count? In my youth, having loved my opal ring, I wanted opal studs, but marquise cut. I knew I didn't want ovals, so our family jeweler sourced them for me. Still love them on occasion.
IMG_0991.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 6

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I just bought @Paisley2628 's Victorian harlequin bracelet, and I love it SO MUCH!

She also generously agreed to sell me her Victorian harlequin necklace, which should be arriving tomorrow. I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! I'll post a thread about them both after it arrives (as soon as I can decide whether it should go in Colored Gemstones or Vintage & Antique), but meanwhile, here are a few photos of the bracelet, with my blue sapphire and an antique garnet ring.

The stones are various species of garnet, various colors of zircons, rock crystal (quartz), and one blue sapphire.

IMG_7871 (1).jpeg IMG_7866.jpeg
IMG_7875.jpeg
IMG_7868.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I just bought @Paisley2628 's Victorian harlequin bracelet, and I love it SO MUCH!

She also generously agreed to sell me her Victorian harlequin necklace, which should be arriving tomorrow. I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! I'll post a thread about them both after it arrives (as soon as I can decide whether it should go in Colored Gemstones or Vintage & Antique), but meanwhile, here are a few photos of the bracelet, with my blue sapphire and an antique garnet ring.

The stones are various species of garnet, various colors of zircons, rock crystal (quartz), and one blue sapphire.

IMG_7871 (1).jpeg IMG_7866.jpeg
IMG_7875.jpeg
IMG_7868.jpeg

Belongs in both, duUuh! So pretty!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Hurt
by Trent Reznor

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything
What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I'm still right here
What have I become?
My sweetest friend
In the end
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way"

6394.jpg

6400.jpg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Hurt
by Trent Reznor

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything
What have I become?
My sweetest friend
In the end
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I'm still right here
What have I become?
My sweetest friend
In the end
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way"

6394.jpg

6400.jpg

Beautiful song, beautiful rings… I hope the beautiful person wearing them reaches out if she’s in pain! <3

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Actually yesterday for Easter. Salt and pepper pink diamond from Etsy and green tourmaline side stones, all in rose gold; plus rose gold and diamond stacking band, size 6.5.

IMG_0303.jpeg

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Last week I was finally reunited with my blue flower ring after two months apart. First it suffered from my own clumsiness and lack of attention, and then it suffered even more at the hands of a jeweller whose skill I used to trust, but now know whatever skill I’d seen before can only be attributed to more talented people working for their bench. And since I’ve definitely lost all trust in their judgement and customer service, I’m never going back there again.

I’ve had a whole week now to get used to the slight flaw that will forever remain, because when do we ever emerge unscathed when going through life’s challenges. I can once again see the beautify and enjoy wearing my ring. That doesn’t mean I don’t need peer validation, so tell me honestly - do you see it? Do you think it’s still okay?

0967DFE8-6EFE-47C7-9A19-717633B3A6AE.jpeg

4907C5C1-199E-40C6-ABA4-04D9489AF0EF.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see anything either. It's beautiful.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
So, I blew the picture up to the size of my head on my monitor and looked really hard to find an imperfection. Nope, don't see anything.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
@Avondale , I see it—the top petal is dented on the right. But I had to look VERY hard, and I don’t think anyone will notice if you don’t tell them and lend them a loupe. What a pretty ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a teensy thing I only noticed when glitterata pointed it out. I know the pain of damage to our lovelies though. It will fade in time!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I had to go back and look after it was pointed out. It was only then that I saw it. Absolutely no one is going to see that with casual viewing. Even if I did see it, I would have thought it was just a normal variation in a hand made item.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl @Lisa Loves Shiny @RMOO @glitterata
@Dreamer_D
Thank you, ladies! All this was really comforting to hear. To me it's still quite obvious, although less than it was several days ago. I guess I'm still focused on the damage that used to be there, and still seeing that damage rather than the repair. Similar to how a person holds on to their old self-image after a significant weight loss. It's getting better, though. I notice it less and less, and I think knowing other people with a keen eye don't see it at all is definitely speeding up the process.

I'll muster the focus to tell the whole story sometime soon. It's a lengthy one, and one hell of an emotional roller coaster.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Nope @Avondale , I wouldn't notice. Pointed and lovely petaling, as it should be. That is all anyone will ever see.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl @Lisa Loves Shiny @RMOO @glitterata
@Dreamer_D
Thank you, ladies! All this was really comforting to hear. To me it's still quite obvious, although less than it was several days ago. I guess I'm still focused on the damage that used to be there, and still seeing that damage rather than the repair. Similar to how a person holds on to their old self-image after a significant weight loss. It's getting better, though. I notice it less and less, and I think knowing other people with a keen eye don't see it at all is definitely speeding up the process.

I'll muster the focus to tell the whole story sometime soon. It's a lengthy one, and one hell of an emotional roller coaster.

Hugs!

If it makes you feel any better I have a ring that I took to have plated rose gold. As part of their process they had to wash the ring and consequently two of the melee stones fell out.

Now the shop was pretty sweet, they sent it next door to have it fixed but I am not sure what the jeweller did as I now have a halo where one stone is sunk lower than the rest!

I wear it out with my son as one of the "trash" rings because I do not have it in me to have the ring fixed. Something might happen to the centre stone next!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Last week I was finally reunited with my blue flower ring after two months apart. First it suffered from my own clumsiness and lack of attention, and then it suffered even more at the hands of a jeweller whose skill I used to trust, but now know whatever skill I’d seen before can only be attributed to more talented people working for their bench. And since I’ve definitely lost all trust in their judgement and customer service, I’m never going back there again.

I’ve had a whole week now to get used to the slight flaw that will forever remain, because when do we ever emerge unscathed when going through life’s challenges. I can once again see the beautify and enjoy wearing my ring. That doesn’t mean I don’t need peer validation, so tell me honestly - do you see it? Do you think it’s still okay?

0967DFE8-6EFE-47C7-9A19-717633B3A6AE.jpeg

4907C5C1-199E-40C6-ABA4-04D9489AF0EF.jpeg

It is pretty and the imperfection is not terribly noticeable. It seems that the experience is what was most horrid, though. Lets hope it will be true in this case that time heals all wounds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results