color
clarity

What are you THANKFUL for???

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, it's good to see you again!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
A really nice cup of coffee and catching up with some people I will likely never meet, but have come to care about.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful that for the first time in 30+ years, I am able to enjoy some time off from full-time work.

I can never be thankful enough that I found my best friend and married him.

As another poster said, I'm always thankful for the basics that we can so often take for granted. There are so many across the world who do not have even the small things like running water or electricity. Our church has a yearly medical mission to a third world country, and now I can see just how rich we are by comparison. A hot shower is a luxury, even if my bathroom could use a remodel.

I'm thankful for my faith, which has sustained me through many trials. Ellen, I'm so glad that your faith has been such a source of strength to you, especially during your husband's medical issues. (It's good to "see" you. :)) )

I will always be truly thankful for the family in which I was raised. We weren't perfect, always in agreement, never in conflict. But we were in it together, whatever happened. We could always count on each other.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe and Holly, it is really good to see both of you! *waves* <-------- must learn new smilie system

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to start a new thread but I thought it would be fun to just add to it.

I am thankful for my boys and husband; they make life :love: :love: :love: Wonderful!!!

I am thankful for my wonderful parents.

I am thankful for so much, and feel really really blessed. I can honestly say, I have a lot to be thankful for.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Health. I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.
Lots of people in my life are dealing with cancer right now. One friend dying - one friend just diagnosed. Even my in-laws dog. Cancer is everywhere it seems and I'm terrified of getting it :(sad

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1417055138|3791017 said:
Health. I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.
Lots of people in my life are dealing with cancer right now. One friend dying - one friend just diagnosed. Even my in-laws dog. Cancer is everywhere it seems and I'm terrified of getting it :(sad

Oh I am so sorry to hear this, keeping your family in my prayers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To quote an old Joe Walsh song "life's been good to me so far". I am thankful for my wonderful husband and being lucky enough to have wonderful parents.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband.
My cats.
My friends and their kids and spouses (in that order :lol: )
My job, that I have one, that it gives me flexibility and that I like it most of the time.
My improved relationships with my family this year.
All the things I have that I take for granted on every other day. Having warm clothes, plenty of food to eat, a warm place to sleep and live. And MUCH MORE in excess of that. So many things others don't, sadly.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful that we've reached another holiday season and all three of my cats are still here. Not only that but they are very well. I hesitate to take down the tree after the holidays because I don't know if that will be the last, as two of mine are reaching that "magic age" of 16. My young one is going on 6, but he is FIV+.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thankful for the technology that will allow me to have screen time with my family tomorrow. I miss them terribly and won't see them until Christmas.

I am thankful for the new human lives that graced our family with their arrival into the world this year!

I am thankful as well for the feline who graced our family with her arrival this year. She's a bread stealing, tail wagging, yarn loving ball of fluff we love so much. I am also thankful for Bear who rolls with the changes as well as his personality can and still loves us.

I am thankful for my guy, who put up with months of really difficult cat behavior including pee territory issues and cat house calls, and treats our animals like the family they are. Putting up with me and my stubborn tendencies is also appreciated.

I am thankful for the Hollandaise sauce, eggs, English muffins, and dark roast coffee waiting in the kitchen. Is it time for the Macy's parade and breakfast yet?!

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
I give thanks that my mother is no longer suffering.
I give thanks that what suffering she did endure was not the worst that her disease could bestow.
I give thanks for the mended bridges with my sister after Mom's death - a real unexpected gift.
I give thanks for my husband's year-long respite from his lifelong mental illness, thanks to the miracle of medication. Long may it continue.
I give thanks for my dad's resilience and good health.
On behalf of my husband and I, we give thanks for our two remaining parents.

Edited to add: I give thanks that tonight I am experiencing an unexpected respite from grief, and that I was able to get out of my pajamas for the first time since Monday night and go shopping at the mall.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JanesJewels|1417077625|3791147 said:
I give thanks that my mother is no longer suffering.
I give thanks that what suffering she did endure was not the worst that her disease could bestow.

This is a great one to be thankful for JJ. It is so hard sometimes to struggle to find the good in the passing of loved ones. I lost both my grandmother and my beloved girl-cat. And both were sick and suffering and now they aren't. That is something to be thankful for, and I thank YOU for reminding me of that, and I am sorry for your loss.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, Gypsy. What time is it where you are? It's 3.45 am here.

A friend whose mother passed a couple of years before mine said she imagines what her mom's life would have been like now, had she lived on, and it made her realize that things were probably better this way - even if she didn't like that fact. When things get to the end stage, really we want them to live on for us, which is not helpful to them.

I'm sorry about your grandma and your cat. I loved my grannies but they were distant - born in 1902 - and I was never allowed to have a pet when young although I longed for one, and now it would be hard to incorporate pets into my life. I cannot imagine what it must be like to love a sweet, gorgeous furry animal and then to have to say goodbye. I don't think I could bear it. But it's probably best to have loved and lost......(you know how that one ends).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year I am thankful for my family, the fact that my kitty is still alive against the odds and the fact that my hubby didn't lose his job because of his injury and his temporary disability :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thankful for my loving family and friends and that everyone is doing well despite a rocky year. And a special mention for my dh because he is truly the most wonderful person I know. This year has been challenging more than I ever thought possible and he has been there for me the whole way through and continues to be my rock and my soft place to fall when I feel I cannot handle things anymore. I am very thankful we get to share our lives with each other. I am also very thankful to be walking again and also that I continue to make progress.

And I am thankful for all my PS friends. Wishing you all a very happy thanksgiving and upcoming holiday season with all the best for a happy and healthy year ahead. (((Hugs))) to everyone.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thankful for my health, my husband, our dog, our families and friends. I feel so fortunate to have the life we have.

I am also thankful I found Pricescope and the wonderful people here. Thank you for the friendships and kindness I have found here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

xorubyred

Rough_Rock
I'm thankful for my family of course, and also for where I am in life right now. I'm thankful for my job, my wonderful boyfriend, and being able to enjoy life without much worries.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
xorubyred|1417213201|3791946 said:
I'm thankful for my family of course, and also for where I am in life right now. I'm thankful for my job, my wonderful boyfriend, and being able to enjoy life without much worries.

That is a really wonderful thing to be thankful for. I know someone who has done nothing but moan and moan and moan about life since she was at least 25, and now she's over 40. She, her family and friends are all in excellent health - she even has a grandmother still living - she has her own condo and car, and a long-term relationship of many, many years. And all she does is moan because she doesn't like her job. I've seen her moan all evening about her life in the company of people who have real problems, like serious illness or recent bereavement.

This person is a good example of how not to live. In contrast to her, it's just so nice to hear of someone who appreciates the ease and pleasantness of their current situation. :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am thankful to God for my life and my health. I am thankful to God for being bigger than any obstacle I can conceive of and that He blesses me with so much and forgives me for so much. I am thankful for my husband and sons (I love being a wife and mama!). I am thankful for my family (physical and spiritual) and my friends. I am thankful that I have so many things to be thankful for that I cannot possibly write them all down or remember them all.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
This is a great thread.
Im thankful for so much this year.
Im thankful for my parents and the ability to appreciate them more now that I am older. I have a great family and I am very blessed. Im thankful for a warm, stable, beautiful place to live and raise my children.
Im thankful for our dog, our fierce protector and sweet confidante
Im thankful for our health, it is so important.
Im thankful for the two precocious, amazing children that I am lucky enough to raise.
Im thankful for a job with some flex and doing something I love to do, while going to school to better myself.
Im grateful for second chances.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results