shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you THANKFUL for???

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
This is such a great thread! So good to see that despite being on a diamond forum, we haven't lost sight of what is most important in life ::)

I am thankful for:
--my parents' health. What they have both gone through has made them all the more stronger to enjoy their lives today.
--all my grandparents. Despite not being able to see them frequently, I am glad that they are all still alive.
--my education. I know I complain about school and classes and rotations to friends and SO but in the end, it's amazing that I had the opportunity to go to school to learn about something I am passionate about. I'm grateful that I know I won't have to worry about having a job in 10 or 20 years and not having to worry about how I'm going to pay for my living expenses because of the security of my future career.
--my dear SO. I think it is safe to say that we have both learned a lot over the past two years and I am so grateful for him being in my life. He may not be the most romantic guy on earth but I know that he would do anything for me and obviously I would do the same for him. I'm so happy to have found someone who I can trust completely and who still makes me smile and act all giddy and who still thinks I'm the bees knees.
--my two jobs. With the economy the way it is, I am grateful to have two part-time jobs not just for the money (although that is the other thing that is great--I am glad that I can work enough to pay for my living expenses and not have to rely on federal loans) but for the professional experience that I gain by working in my future field, and the time management skills that are necessary to work two part-time jobs and go to school full-time.
--the fact that I live in the good ole USA and have the opportunities to daydream about diamonds and spend time researching them to my little heart's desire :cheeky:...this includes internet, the house over my head, electricity, etc etc. All the first world luxuries that we often take for granted.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thankful that all I lost from Sandy was power and heat for two weeks, it could have been much worse.

I am thankful to still be more in love with my husband everyday.

I am thankful to have a job that fulfills and challenges me.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread!

- I am thankful for my family who are happy and healthy. I can't wait to spend time with them this xmas!
- I am thankful for my darling husband of 6 years who is the love of my life. I am so happy he is back from deployment safe. :love:
- I am thankful for our amended financial situation after all these years of hardship and struggle.
- I am thankful for my two dogs who give me so much love and joy every day.
- I am thankful for my job - which I really enjoy, especially at this time when the industry is in strife.
- I am thankful for my own good health and pray my husband also stays in good health.
- I am thankful we were born and live in Australia. It truly is the "lucky country".

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1353210796|3309163 said:
I'm thankful for my loving family: DH who's so supportive and understanding after 15 yrs of marriage, my 2 little boys who bring true meaning to my life!

I'm thankful that I work w/ an amazing group of people who really show care and compassion on a daily basis!

And lastly, I'm thankful that I got to spend 12 wonderful years w/ my 1st "baby", Zoey, who recently passed away. I tell my children that she is in doggy heaven now--may she rest in peace. We will always remember you fondly, Zoey!

I am sorry about Zoey!!! I am glad you have some wonderful memories. hugs

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not thankful for anything.
The term thankful is a function of there being someone out there to thank.

I endeavor to live by what is reasonable.
There is nobody to thank since my reasoning indicates there is no God.
I guess I could thank the universe, "fate" or mother earth but that seems lame.
The Thanksgiving holiday is a leftover from a bygone era when everyone was assumed to be religious.

Besides how can you thank for good stuff without blaming for bad stuff.
I love it when someone thanks God that their house was spared in the tornado.
Oye vey!

I'm happy about a lot of stuff that I cannot claim responsibility for though.
For example I'm happy I have never been hit by lightning ... well, not yet!
I probably will be now. :o

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am thankful for so many things. Today I was thinking about how grateful I am to medical science. Without it, my sweet baby boy, beloved sister, and dear brother would all have passed away. And probably a host of other family and friends too. I can be a little cynical about big insurance and pharmaceutical companies sometimes but I am so extremely grateful for the medical profession and the life saving help it has provided those I love!

And just think how handy those docs will be when Kenny is struck by lightening...

:)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, I think we're into semantics here. Whether you're happy or grateful doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Aren't you happy and grateful that you came across a wonderful vendor with whom you can discuss your coloured diamonds? Happy or grateful that you have a beautiful asscher and that your SO is enjoying his Octavia. Yes, you earned these things by being thrifty in other areas, but you also had employment which, added to your thrift, made these luxuries possible.

Thank your lucky stars. :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very thankful for:

- The fact that my husband's company, (Ford Motor Company) who recently retrenched hundreds of workers, decided he is invaluable and kept him on. Though I am so terribly sad for those who were not so fortunate.
- For my husband, the most amazing provider and with the most generous heart I could ever imagine, who cannot wait to become a daddy.
- My precious mini foxies, they are the light of our lives!
- The wriggly, rolypoly, healthy baby growing in my tummy :love:
- The fact that we are about to embark on parenthood and are financially in a really good place, also that this whole experience has made us more madly in love than ever! (Although with sleep deprivation once bubs is here, that may change :bigsmile:)
- That I have a wonderful family whom I'm very close with, and all of whom are all in excellent health, and happy.
- My job and workplace, it's like a huge family! Also that in such a nasty economic climate, we are both securely employed.
- I'm thankful for beautiful Australia, especially this time of the year living so close to the beach! :wink2:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiA, Congrats!!!

People can be thankful for so many things, there does not need to be a reason.

Thanks for posting; it was heartwarming to read!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
OK, Kenny, I'll play, but just for you.
I'm thankful to my new plumber who came practically at the drop of a hat and fixed the pipes so we can flush the toilets again and didn't charge me as much as he could have.
I'm very attached to my indoor plumbing. :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1353460939|3311559 said:
DandiA, Congrats!!!

People can be thankful for so many things, there does not need to be a reason.

Thanks for posting; it was heartwarming to read!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks lovely!! :wavey: :wavey:

mjr1

Rough_Rock
I am thankful for so many things-my 86 year old mom,who still goes to work. My siblings and their spouses who are all wonderful suportive role models, my nephew and 3 nieces who are all amazing,my best friend who always goes the extra mile...and today I am especially grateful for Gary the bus driver. My 15 year old daughter is a special ed/special needs child. I love her to pieces (and am grateful for her every day) but I am the first to admit she is a challenging handfull on her best day. Monday she took her wallet to school with her birthday money in it. She isn't supposed to take money to school, but she doesn't like to follow the rules. Apparently, she figured out at school she lost her wallet sometime after leaving home. She searched around at school, asked a few kids, asked a few teachers-no one had seen it. On the way home she was pretty upset and told Gary all about it. Gary has been her afternoon driver for 5+ years and actually bids her route to help "look out for her". He is a kind, kind man. After dropping her off he went back to the bus garage and 4 hours later rang my front door. Yes, it was dark, it was cold, he was hungry (I imagine) and he had her wallet. He told me he hadn't looked in it and he hoped no one had taken anything out of it but he had found it after searching the busses. I didn't even know it was missing. He drove all the way to my house after searching for her wallet for hours on end because he wanted her to go to bed and get a good nights sleep so she would be better prepared for the next school day. Gary has always looked out for her and been a friend to me over the years, but this was way beyond the call of duty. So tonight, I am so very grateful for Gary-the hard working, caring, kind bus driver who cares about a child who struggles every day.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
mjr1|1353558231|3312704 said:
I am thankful for so many things-my 86 year old mom,who still goes to work. My siblings and their spouses who are all wonderful suportive role models, my nephew and 3 nieces who are all amazing,my best friend who always goes the extra mile...and today I am especially grateful for Gary the bus driver. My 15 year old daughter is a special ed/special needs child. I love her to pieces (and am grateful for her every day) but I am the first to admit she is a challenging handfull on her best day. Monday she took her wallet to school with her birthday money in it. She isn't supposed to take money to school, but she doesn't like to follow the rules. Apparently, she figured out at school she lost her wallet sometime after leaving home. She searched around at school, asked a few kids, asked a few teachers-no one had seen it. On the way home she was pretty upset and told Gary all about it. Gary has been her afternoon driver for 5+ years and actually bids her route to help "look out for her". He is a kind, kind man. After dropping her off he went back to the bus garage and 4 hours later rang my front door. Yes, it was dark, it was cold, he was hungry (I imagine) and he had her wallet. He told me he hadn't looked in it and he hoped no one had taken anything out of it but he had found it after searching the busses. I didn't even know it was missing. He drove all the way to my house after searching for her wallet for hours on end because he wanted her to go to bed and get a good nights sleep so she would be better prepared for the next school day. Gary has always looked out for her and been a friend to me over the years, but this was way beyond the call of duty. So tonight, I am so very grateful for Gary-the hard working, caring, kind bus driver who cares about a child who struggles every day.
aww, tears, what a sweet man Gary is!!! I am glad your daughter has Gary as her friend. I love this, thank you for sharing!

Happy Thanksgiving! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my family and friends. For my life being better than bad. Life is good.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello my friend.

It does not surprise me it would be you who started such an appropriate thread. *waves* I'm glad to hear you and your little ones are doing well!

There are way, way too many things to list that I am thankful for, so I will just list what is on my heart most at this time.

To my Heavenly Father, I am thankful:

That the multiple strokes we found out a year ago this time that my dear hubby has had over (some ? years), has not left a terribly debilitating affect on him. The one a year ago (first one we knew of) has left him with slight numbness and tingling in his right hand and foot, but that is not near as bad as it was at first. And he feels it may still be improving some, the doc said it could for up to 2 years. So I am VERY thankful for that. He still works and golfs, so life is good. lol

And most of all, and always, for the saving relationship with my Lord through His son Jesus Christ. Without this, I would be, and was, lost. In all respects. Words cannot describe how utterly rich my life is, it truly is beyond words. God is good.

"The fool says in his heart, there is no God".

http://www.gotquestions.org/fool-heart-no-God.html

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

El

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen
Nice to hear from you. Happy Thanksgiving... :wavey:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
My health, my family, my kitties, the fact that I have enough to eat and a home to live in.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1353597484|3312889 said:
Hello my friend.

It does not surprise me it would be you who started such an appropriate thread. *waves* I'm glad to hear you and your little ones are doing well!

There are way, way too many things to list that I am thankful for, so I will just list what is on my heart most at this time.

To my Heavenly Father, I am thankful:

That the multiple strokes we found out a year ago this time that my dear hubby has had over (some ? years), has not left a terribly debilitating affect on him. The one a year ago (first one we knew of) has left him with slight numbness and tingling in his right hand and foot, but that is not near as bad as it was at first. And he feels it may still be improving some, the doc said it could for up to 2 years. So I am VERY thankful for that. He still works and golfs, so life is good. lol

And most of all, and always, for the saving relationship with my Lord through His son Jesus Christ. Without this, I would be, and was, lost. In all respects. Words cannot describe how utterly rich my life is, it truly is beyond words. God is good.

"The fool says in his heart, there is no God".

http://www.gotquestions.org/fool-heart-no-God.html

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

El

ELLEN!!!! It is so good to see you! We have missed you around here; PS is not the same without you. I am sorry about what happened your husband but it sounds like he is making wonderful strides. I will keep him in my prayers!!!

Marcy and Innerkitten, thanks for sharing!

Hi DF!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1353599832|3312911 said:
Ellen

Hi ya trouble! I trust you've been busy keeping everyone on their toes? lol

Thank you, and I hope you had a great day as well DF. Take care.

*hugs Miss Skippy*

Hi sweetie! Good to "see" you too!

I hope you had a wonderful day and that you are relaxing now or soon will be. And I appreciate the prayers for hubs, those are always welcome and always needed.

We'll have to catch up on things in the near future, it has been awhile since we chatted last. Take care.

*waves*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1353629711|3313078 said:
Ellen

*hugs Miss Skippy*

I hope you had a wonderful day and that you are relaxing now or soon will be. And I appreciate the prayers for hubs, those are always welcome and always needed.

We'll have to catch up on things in the near future, it has been awhile since we chatted last. Take care.

*waves*

Yes, you should be hearing from me soon!!! I would love to catch up!!! I am relaxing; these little guys keep me busy and boy, do they love pumpkin pie. lol I thought of you when I saw the Pecan Pies!!!! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen!!! I am thankful to see you here today!!! Love and miss you, my friend!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1353629920|3313079 said:
Ellen|1353629711|3313078 said:
Ellen

*hugs Miss Skippy*

*waves*

Yes, you should be hearing from me soon!!! I would love to catch up!!! I am relaxing; these little guys keep me busy and boy, do they love pumpkin pie. lol I thought of you when I saw the Pecan Pies!!!! :D

I am glad you are relaxing, I'm sure you deserve it. I get tired just thinking about those two. lol And yes, I loves my pecan pie. Yum.

Will go check my box....

Hi DS, so good to "see" you friend! Hope you had a good day and are relaxing too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!

My dear friend! I have missed you SO much and am thrilled to see you here! Hope all is well!!!

I am thankful, in keeping with this thread, to see you here!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
I am thankful you checked in dear one. Keeping you and your husband in my prayers. :wavey:

To this thread, very thankful for family and dear friends.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen! It's always good to hear from you - I think of you often! Glad that life is good for you now!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight I am thankful to be away from cats. And loaded on every asthma and allergy med I have.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen I am glad to see you posting again, and even gladder to read that update on your husband. He was a really nice guy to meet and talk to, and I am so glad that it sounds like his quality of life is good. Enjoy every single moment you have.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mjr1|1353558231|3312704 said:

That is just the sweetest story! Yay for Gary and for people like him!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that heartwarming story about Gary!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*waves wildly at all my dear friends* ! <---------- Because I no longer know how to use the smilies lol

Wow, it was so nice to wake up to all these greetings, I really didn't expect that. So thank you all for making my day. :) <--- I "typed" this one and it came up a smilie, didn't want you to think I was nuts lol

It is good to see all of you too, and I think of you all as well. I hope everyone is doing ok and life is good.

I appreciate the prayers, and yes, each moment has meaning Ame, it really does. Everything can change in the blink of an eye...

I also want to say, I really am thankful I got to "know" all of you (and many others), you're a great group of people. I'm not just saying that, I do mean it. I have some very fond memories from this place.

And, I am sorry I did not mention this earlier as I should have, but I am terribly thankful for this website. That there were people who cared enough to inform those who didn't want to get taken. I have been there, though I did not know it til after I came here. Then I almost got taken royally again, but knew something was amiss and avoided disaster, only because I had intentionally picked a jeweler with a generous return window, which was promptly taken down after my (very heated/ugly) return. And I now have stunning jewelry that I can look at and enjoy, instead of lamenting over someones greed and dishonesty. So thanks to the past and present management!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results