shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the perfect proportions for a three-stone ring?

What size side diamaonds for a 1.20ct center?

• 0.60ct each

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • show me the answers!

• 0.50ct each

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
this is my 1 carat center, .50 sides on a size 7.5 finger

lil4253stone.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili and vanderaf, your rings are gorgeous! Thank you for posting them!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Sorry this took so long, I finally have access to internet on my computer tonight

My 3 stone mock up...

1.148 center with "sides" just over 1/3 ct each (my earrings placed next to my solitaire)

3stonemockup.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LTL!!! How did you make it look so perfect?? haha. I am also a size 6 finger and my center is 1.2, so those proportions and "look" is pretty bang on. That is so helpful! I really like how that looks. Lesley at BGD said she thought that .30s was the biggest to go on the side but still keep the attention on the center diamond. Looking at it on your hand, did you think it looked really blingy? And if you have time, pretty pretty please, could I see a picture from further away with your whole hand showing?
9.gif
I am crazy.

I have been looking online to see if I can find a "fun ring" in these same proportions so I could buy it and try it on before I make up my mind, but I am not having much luck.
15.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 1:22:46 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
LTL!!! How did you make it look so perfect?? haha. I am also a size 6 finger and my center is 1.2, so those proportions and ''look'' is pretty bang on. That is so helpful! I really like how that looks. Lesley at BGD said she thought that .30s was the biggest to go on the side but still keep the attention on the center diamond. Looking at it on your hand, did you think it looked really blingy? And if you have time, pretty pretty please, could I see a picture from further away with your whole hand showing?
9.gif
I am crazy.

I have been looking online to see if I can find a ''fun ring'' in these same proportions so I could buy it and try it on before I make up my mind, but I am not having much luck.
15.gif

The earrings were balanced a really funky way. That is why it is off to the side of my hand, if I moved, it all fell apart. Yes, this look was *very blingy* but I thought it looked good. It does give me perfect finger coverage. I don''t have my AGS certs with me for the earrings, but they are a hair larger than .33 (I think they are .34-.36). But I think .33 or a hair below would look great. You probably wouldn''t even notice the difference.

I will see about getting the other picture. I am going back home tonight (laptop not woking with internet there), so it will be a couple more days. But I have the camera out anyways because I am wedding venue hunting, it is not that hard to get one pic.

What a fun upgrade!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I was away for christmas without internet access.

1. Wow, you all have gorgeous rings
9.gif

2. Dreamer, your ring is going to be amazing. I can''t wait to see it!!! (My faves are still all of the ones with .3-.4 sides, I can''t wait to see what you pick)
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 10:47:28 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Jaktrax has 1.5ct center and .36 sides, which would be like me having .30 sides.
Dreamer, these would be my favorite proportions for your stone. I love how the sidestones balance the center stone, not compete with it. But I personally prefer my sidestones to be smaller anyway.

My 2.56 is currently in a 3-stone setting with .39 pears. I know they''re not round stones, but it gives you an idea of scale.

Your ring is going to be gorgeous!
3.gif

peachynight_1_3_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results