shape
carat
color
clarity

What are some current fashion trends that you hate?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'll start:

1. Peep-toe shoes (in the nineties, I used to make fun of the fact that women would wear them in the 80s, and I couldn't believe it when they made a comeback and now they're EVERYWHERE)
2. Straight-leg jeans
3. Women's jumpsuits
4. Plus something I don't know the name for - it's those trousers with puffy legs where the crotch sits somewhere between the knees (I hate them!)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Straight leg jeans with boat shoes. Really.

bubble dresses.

Pajamas worn in public.

Jump suits.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate that so many women wear work out clothes everywhere they go. Who believes they were actually working out?! Their make up is done and they're nowhere near a gym. I think they just wanted to wear super tight clothes!

I also hate leggings worn as pants. It's one thing if you're wearing a tunic, but it's another thing if your entire butt is showing. Leggings aren't pants!

I also hate boots that are open-toed. And this isn't really a current trend but sleeveless turtlenecks drive me bonkers. I hate fashion oxymorons! :cheeky:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Thing2 on the workout clothes being worn everywhere. And leggings being worn as pants.

I hate Wayfarers. There. I said it. H-A-T-E.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1305124084|2918469 said:
I hate that so many women wear work out clothes everywhere they go. Who believes they were actually working out?! Their make up is done and they're nowhere near a gym. I think they just wanted to wear super tight clothes!

I also hate leggings worn as pants. It's one thing if you're wearing a tunic, but it's another thing if your entire butt is showing. Leggings aren't pants!

These two - especially the leggings as pants thing. I know some people who wear them to work in a professional environment, and it's a pet peeve of mine. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!

I'm sure I'll think of more, but those are definitely two that I don't like.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
AM-I-WEARING-PANTS.jpg

Another PSer showed me this, and it makes me unreasonably happy.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Our dress code at work says no leggings.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I wear slacks and dress shirts 40 hours a week.. when i'm not at work, i live in my yoga pants/capris, tank top, and flip flops. You cannot get me near a pair of jeans unless i'm going out. Granted my yoga pants are not tight or thin, and no crack or cameltoe is showing.

My work banned leggings as well, but people still try to wear them.

I HATE peep toed boots.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
PRINCESSS!!!! I came on to do a little browsing in between grading portfolios and your post made me :lol: , :appl: , and spill coffee all over my grade book. In that order.

ETA:
I LOVE wearing sleeveless turtlenecks because I look hawt in them. :cheeky: I'm wearing one right now. Seriously, though, they are my warm weather uniform for work. I'm uncomfortable wearing most sleeveless tops that aren't turtlenecks because the neckline is always too low and I end up providing a peep show to everyone when I bend over desks to help students. I wear the awesome poufy ones, mostly.

I hate leggings as pants. I had an ex who used to say "Spandex is a privilege, not a right." At the time it really irked me and sounded misogynistic, but I've mumbled it to myself several times since.

The big joke about our town is that you can spot a woman who lives here if she's a) driving a big white SUV, b) has a Starbucks cup in hand, and c) is wearing workout clothes even though she is neither going to nor returning from the gym. Workout clothes are like the town uniform.

In my area there's a trend of women wearing clothes that are way too young for their age. Me no likey.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
mayerling|1305101274|2918272 said:
4. Plus something I don't know the name for - it's those trousers with puffy legs where the crotch sits somewhere between the knees (I hate them!)

Harem pants! Awful. Luckily, I've never seen anyone wearing them in real life.

I don't like the boxy-shaped shorter shirts that I'm seeing with skinny jeans. I have really narrow shoulders and they look terrible on me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a big fan of skinny jeans...seems that most people I see them on shouldn't actually be wearing them :rolleyes: .

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, glad it made you giggle, Haven! It cracks me up on a daily basis. If it would be legible, I'd have a bunch printed onto business cards and hand them out to people that need a lesson...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don't hate any fashion trends. There's always someone out there who can carry the style, just not everyone.

For a long time, I wasn't into skinny jeans. I got a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of jeggings last year, and I am really liking them.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
skirts that are so short that they do not really qualify as skirts (the length should be longer than the width...)
shirts that show WAY too much

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha! Princesss, that's the best guide ever! So hilarious! I seriously need to keep copies of it with me to hand out.

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
princess - yet again you have an awesome post! LOVE that chart.

Leggings / Jeggings -- I feel like if everyone had a 360 mirror at home they would never leave the house in these!
Open toed boots - really - what is the point there?? So enough of your foot is covered to get sweaty and your toes need some breathing room? ick.
Don't know if this is a "trend" -- but the headband that goes around the forehead instead of over the top of the head - hippy style? Worse yet - there is this girl who wears one and it looks like hair, I just always want to brush the hair out of her face. weird.

I don't see as many people walking around in workout gear so it hasn't bothered me. yet. :devil:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki|1305128738|2918540 said:
I don't hate any fashion trends. There's always someone out there who can carry the style, just not everyone.

For a long time, I wasn't into skinny jeans. I got a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of jeggings last year, and I am really liking them.
Same here! I swore I would never wear them but now I love them !

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

a.jpg

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I can't say that there is anything that I *hate* although there is plenty that I HATE on me....I love the variety in fashion and appreciate those that can rock their own style and not follow trends.

That being said, I will never understand people that leave their houses in pajamas or pajama type clothes (pajama jeans anyone :errrr: ). It looks as if you just don't care. My father was very strict on this with his children and I am like that w/my sons.

My fashion icon (if you can call her that) is Jennifer Anniston---simple yet ALWAYS put together. Lover her style!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1305135474|2918716 said:
I can't say that there is anything that I *hate* although there is plenty that I HATE on me....I love the variety in fashion and appreciate those that can rock their own style and not follow trends.

That being said, I will never understand people that leave their houses in pajamas or pajama type clothes (pajama jeans anyone :errrr: ). It looks as if you just don't care. My father was very strict on this with his children and I am like that w/my sons.

My fashion icon (if you can call her that) is Jennifer Anniston---simple yet ALWAYS put together. Lover her style!!!
Ugh, I'm with you lbbaber. I teach college and it is really appalling to see some of the outfits students wear to school.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I keep wishing hemlines on dresses and skirts were just a touch longer. I'm 5'4" and a lot of dresses I've loved lately have been wayyy too short on me, I can't imagine what someone taller would look like in them.

Why is it becoming nearly impossible to find something 3 inches above the knee?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm probably going to get blasted for this, but I hate people who wear sweat suits EVERYWHERE!

Especially if they have stuff written on their butt, like Juicy, Pink, Bebe. They are one step up from pajamas in my opinion. I've seen people wear it to go shopping, dining at a restaurant, to work on fridays....

They are fine (IMO) only for laying around at home, dash to the grocery store, to pick up kids, park....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bunny007|1305127232|2918512 said:

I hate those Harem pants too! They're digusting!

Love your post Princess! lol!

I think skinny jeans look amazing on some people and I'm completely jealous of them.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1305136452|2918741 said:
I keep wishing hemlines on dresses and skirts were just a touch longer. I'm 5'4" and a lot of dresses I've loved lately have been wayyy too short on me, I can't imagine what someone taller would look like in them.

Why is it becoming nearly impossible to find something 3 inches above the knee?

That's strange. I have the opposite problem. I'm 5'3'' and everything is too long for me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1305137006|2918753 said:
I'm probably going to get blasted for this, but I hate people who wear sweat suits EVERYWHERE!

Especially if they have stuff written on their butt, like Juicy, Pink, Bebe. They are one step up from pajamas in my opinion. I've seen people wear it to go shopping, dining at a restaurant, to work on fridays....

They are fine (IMO) only for laying around at home, dash to the grocery store, to pick up kids, park....

Wells, all dem words don't have many letters. There'd be too much fabric on either side of dem words for dis here big butt...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
bee*|1305137086|2918759 said:

I think skinny jeans look amazing on some people and I'm completely jealous of them.

Me too. I'm jealous. If you look like an ice cream cone wearing those things, it's just not OK.

TGal = ice cream cone, double scoop.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

At our last general meeting when upper management went over dress code and said no leggings, someone asked about sweatpants. The answer was NO, obviously. She followed up with "even the nice Juicy ones?". Our dress code allows jeans and knit tops with a preference for collared shirts. That's casual enough, no?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305137263|2918768 said:
bee*|1305137086|2918759 said:

Me too. I'm jealous. If you look like an ice cream cone wearing those things, it's just not OK.

TGal = ice cream cone, double scoop.

Don't everyone look ice cream cone-ish with skinny jeans, just different scoopage on top?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, yes....I almost wrote that too but then erased it at the last minute. Sweat suits are GREAT, for exercising... and if I was going to be sweating, you can bet your last dollar that it wouldn't be in a sweat suit that costs so much $$$...I just dont get the point in designer sweats!?! I would much rather buy a pair of shoes with that money.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I don't mind any as much as I mind the one that Kenny pointed out!
Jeez, why wear pants?! I see these guys on the subway, either standing ucomfortably or figuring out how to not sit on the subway in their bare boxers while the waistline of their jeans is practically at their knees. :O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results