shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the most daring outing that you have had recently?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good gracouse :-o
Id be drinking away the pain - through a straw
FWIW ...
Actually using a straw is one of the worst things you can do after an extraction.
When you suck the negative pressure in the mouth can suck out and destroy the clot (scab) that hopefully has formed at the socket where the tooth was removed.
Even the positive pressure from spitting after tooth brushing is a nono.
He said just let it dribble out of your open lips into the sink, then wipe lips with a tissue.

I had one tooth extracted last week, so my dentist's warnings are fresh on my mind ... that qualified as my most daring outing lately.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My big adventure have been the dentist - everyone wearing masks, temperature check, & I was the only one in the waiting room. They seem to have their appts. scheduled to do that. The grocery store - again, everyone wearing masks. And a weed dispensary.....everyone wearing masks and only one person in the room buying weed (which is standard for this store) and one person allowed in the waiting room. This place actually seems safer than the grocery or dentist, just because of the number of people you are around & the fact that you don't take your mask off.

Love the dispensary near me. Its an old bank...lol I thought it kinda funny at first but totally makes sense to use it!! they use that old system well!! But they will also bring it out to your car or do delivery, because of how high cases are and how small they are, no one but employees allowed in the building.

Because cases are skyrocketing in my county I'm back to buying lots in bulk and using food delivery only.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Love the dispensary near me. Its an old bank...lol I thought it kinda funny at first but totally makes sense to use it!! they use that old system well!! But they will also bring it out to your car or do delivery, because of how high cases are and how small they are, no one but employees allowed in the building.

Because cases are skyrocketing in my county I'm back to buying lots in bulk and using food delivery only.

They were doing curbside pickup here, when we were at our first peak (not sure where we are headed right now). A bank would definitely work well as a dispensary! Stay safe down there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH and I spent four hours with friends and family this past Monday saying goodbye to my mother in law. Two and a half hours in the funeral home and one plus hour in the church and about a half hour at the cemetery. So yeah that was our most risky outing since the Covid 19 pandemic started. And we are not out of the woods yet since we are only 5 days (today is day 6) past that day.
I think you guys are pretty safe by now b/c most people will show some symptoms after 4 to 5 days of contracting the virus.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a 4th of July barbecue. It was great, we all had fun.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been to the King of Prussia Mall, which is the most dangerous place I know. My newest:

Attachments

• IMG_4874D.JPG
    IMG_4874D.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4872D.JPG
    IMG_4872D.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4873D.JPG
    IMG_4873D.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 22

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visiting my MIL outside her nursing home a month ago.
She now has COVID.
My husband is very upset because that might have been their final visit.
Be careful everyone.

I’m so sorry @SallyB. Hope she makes a full recovery.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
ER trip 4 weeks ago for me (anxiety attack, maybe) and an emergency gall bladder removal a week ago for the son, 28. Fun times lately.

So far, everyone has stayed healthy

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came back from grocery shopping. Does it count as daring? . My wife refuse to go with me.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Half Moon Bay, we walked to the Pillar Point beach and spent some time there. Then we ordered food to go from our favorite restaurant Sam's Chowder and my husband drove us on Highway 1 till we found a nice spot in order to park our car in some shadow. No ocean view unfortunately. We ate our food and drank our wine while being in a car. There were 4 adults, 1 toddler and 1 doggie (we have Toyota 4Runner). IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0932 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
FWIW ...
Actually using a straw is one of the worst things you can do after an extraction.
When you suck the negative pressure in the mouth can suck out and destroy the clot (scab) that hopefully has formed at the socket where the tooth was removed.
He said just let it dribble out of your open lips into the sink, then wipe lips with a tissue.

I had one tooth extracted last week, so my dentist's warnings are fresh on my mind ... that qualified as my most daring outing lately.

I hope i never need a tooth out, it sounds awful

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went hiking on Friday in the Marble Mtns with DH and ran into a bear. The bear was not wearing a mask.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Every day I go to work. I work in the terminal of a ferry corporation. Lots of people traveling and too damn many not wearing masks.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW ...

Yep! I did all of that perfectly. Unfortunately, I followed their directions to the letter when I called in to let them know I was still bleeding heavily hours later. The dry tea bag pulled the clot out....

I have a new dentist now. After the questionable extraction, messed up directions to stop bleeding, and low quality rushed job treating the dry socket it seemed like a good idea to try someone new. This new one is very good and even opened his office just to see me on a day it was closed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She now has COVID.
Be careful everyone.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope she has mild symptoms and recovers quickly

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She now has COVID.
Be careful everyone.

Oh Sally
that's such a worry
Hopefully your MIL is a tough old bird and she pulls through
they don't often tell us about the old people who survive covid - but some do
Hang in there are

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sally
that's such a worry
Hopefully your MIL is a tough old bird and she pulls through
they don't often tell us about the old people who survive covid - but some do
Hang in there are

@SallyB
Hope your MIL pulls through okay. My Mom's close friend lives in extended care and recently had it. She had (before COVID) kidney failure, heart failure and diabetes. She came through with a cough - no fever. Let's hope the same thing for your MiL.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm in Melbourne and feel pretty uneasy every time I go to a shop or somewhere similar with concentrations of people.

I was fishing on my local rock wall recently and people started pulling up and fishing around me (I've kinda become a local fishing celebrity lately with some catches I've made going viral on social media). Mostly to ask me what to use to catch the fish I've been catching. Usually I don't mind but the other day I had six blokes around me at one point chatting, I decided to leave.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to the beach with another family. We had different rooms but went to the beach, went on hikes, first night ate at a restaurant together (the restaurant did distancing and the waitresss wore a mask) otherwise cooked meals together. Though it rained 90% of the time we all had a great time. It didn't feel too risky as my friend has an elderly mother whom she helps care for so they had been social distancing. At some point you have to make calculated risk decisions to save your sanity. I think the riskiest thing on that trip was going to the local grocery store to buy food. They were not enforcing any kind of distancing and half the people in the store were not wearing a mask, In contrast the local fish market the workers were wearing masks and they allowed only 1 customer in at a time to pick out or pick up their fish/seafood.

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the Shoe Warehouse. We were the only people there besides the 2 associates. Still, it felt risky. I bought 2 pairs of Bob's sneakers so that I had summer closed toed shoes to wear to my infusions. I felt scared that I'd risked my health. I may go for a drive with my daughter today where she has to leave the car, but I don't.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Saturday, my husband and I attended a Drive In concert.
Probably not really daring. It was in a huge parking lot. Cars were parked with one space between each vehicle. People were asked to stay in their cars, unless going to the restrooms. The restrooms (alright, they were porta potties) were manned, so that people were able to wait until told it was clear to move to an open one. We talked to the people in the next car a bit, but that was all the social interaction we had.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went hiking on Friday in the Marble Mtns with DH and ran into a bear. The bear was not wearing a mask.

My sister saw a bear near Jasper. Yup, no mask either.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did go to a baby shower yesterday. It was all outdoor. We followed restaurant rules and wore masks walking around but not at the table. We were only there for about an hour.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
On Saturday, my husband and I attended a Drive In concert.
Probably not really daring. It was in a huge parking lot. Cars were parked with one space between each vehicle. People were asked to stay in their cars, unless going to the restrooms. The restrooms (alright, they were porta potties) were manned, so that people were able to wait until told it was clear to move to an open one. We talked to the people in the next car a bit, but that was all the social interaction we had.

Who did you go see ?
My friend who has cancer :(2 - covid 19 has been so stressful for people with cancer :(2
But she went to see Southside Johnny at the Monmouth park race track and she had a ball :appl:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We went to a car dealership a month ago and it was our first "outing" since the pandemic started. We were in a car accident and totalled our car in Dec, and between my long recovery then Covid, we haven't replaced the family car. Or been out much since Dec period. It was nerve wrecking for me, I told my husband I'm not ready to go out into the real world because I was so paranoid and was constantly sanitizing my hands. They were meeting with clients by appointment only and everyone was wearing mask.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went out to the pub with workmates (everything is open here) it was busy but not overly crowded. Got fairly drunk and had a bloody good time. Felt fairly dusty the next day but it was worth it! :lol: Suspect lockdown 2.0 is coming so glad I got at least one outing in.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went out to the pub with workmates (everything is open here) it was busy but not overly crowded. Got fairly drunk and had a bloody good time. Felt fairly dusty the next day but it was worth it! :lol: Suspect lockdown 2.0 is coming so glad I got at least one outing in.

We are suspecting lockdown 2.0 too.

It's really weird actually. Bestie who has been so so so careful declared she's coming over for the lunch and play date that I'm hosting tomorrow because she thinks we're going to get locked up again and I'm like "But you just said you're not seeing anyone until it's safe????"

Lol Maybe she's doing it for the lychee cake!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who did you go see ?
My friend who has cancer :(2 - covid 19 has been so stressful for people with cancer :(2
But she went to see Southside Johnny at the Monmouth park race track and she had a ball :appl:

That's the one!
We usually see them at the Pony every summer, so this was a great twist on that tradition.
I'm so happy your friend had a great time.
I'm hoping more shows like it can be planned thru the fall. They have a comedy show already lined up.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are suspecting lockdown 2.0 too.

It's really weird actually. Bestie who has been so so so careful declared she's coming over for the lunch and play date that I'm hosting tomorrow because she thinks we're going to get locked up again and I'm like "But you just said you're not seeing anyone until it's safe????"

Lol Maybe she's doing it for the lychee cake!

I would do it for lychee cake too... :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results